Chapter 10 - Feeling Troubled

Ignorant Brat

Yoona was staring blankly at the wall. She was disappointed to know that Jessica is seeing her best buddy, Taeyeon. She couldn’t say anything except to congratulate them. She couldn’t blame Taeyeon because she has never told anyone about her feelings for Jessica. So she decided to accept them and gave them her blessings.

Jessica was already fast asleep on the bed. Taeyeon accompanied her for awhile before returning back to her room. Yoona was on her headphones; blasting music and tried to concentrate on her notes. So after Taeyeon left, Jessica was already sleeping. Taeyeon put her to sleep before leaving.

Yoona stared at the sleeping Jessica. No wonder she seemed so happy and even energetic for some reason. It was because of Taeyeon. Yoona sighed. Maybe her love would probably go unspoken for a long time. She slowly got up from her seat and sat next to Jessica on her bed. She then watched Jessica sleeping peacefully; with a smile on her face. Yoona smiled as well.

“I’m just glad you’ve found someone who can make you happy again.”

Yoona whispered softly as she caressed Jessica’s cheeks carefully.

*

The next morning, Jessica woke up to find Yoona missing. She saw Taeyeon instead; sitting on the sofa waiting for her to wake up. Taeyeon smiled widely when she saw her baby’s awake.

“Morning baby.”

“Morning darling.”

Jessica stretched her hands out and Taeyeon naturally wrapped her arms around her. Jessica needed her morning hug.

“Where’s Yoona?”

“She said she has something on so she left earlier. But she made you breakfast.”

“Oh?”

“She didn’t make for me.”

Taeyeon pouted her lips. Jessica kissed her.

“She said its revenge for leaving her behind yesterday.”

“Aw, my poor baby. I can share my breakfast with you.”

“Really? You will?!”

“Of course. Can I have my kiss now?”

“You haven’t brush teeth!”

“No kiss, no breakfast!”

“I can go buy outside!”

“Fine then!”

Jessica quickly got up from her bed and pushed Taeyeon away. She grabbed her towel but Taeyeon was quick to grab the other end of it. She tugged the towel hard and Jessica came flying into her.

“YA~”

“I’ll bathe you.”

Taeyeon grinned and Jessica’s face turned really red.

“What are you talking about?”

“We can kiss all you want inside.”

“ert.”

“You still like me like that.”

Jessica took her towel and wrapped it around Taeyeon; pulling her closer. Taeyeon winked at her and Jessica burst out into laughter.

“You’re so naughty!”

“Ah, you just know me?”

“Well, I’m slowly getting to know you.”

“That’s good. You have more to learn from me.”

Taeyeon just scooped Jessica into her arms and ran to the bathroom. She just couldn’t wait to bathe with Jessica. The door was closed and Byun-Taeng unleashed her charm on her baby. The two had a long shower together.

*

Yoona walked past Seohyun’s room and heard noises. Apparently Yuri didn’t return to her room last night. She bunked in with the other two and now she and Hyoyeon were battling out on their game. Seohyun was wearing ear muffler and Yoona was amused.

“What?”

“Why are you wearing that?”

“It’s like World War II here. Can’t you hear the ruckus?”

Yoona nodded.

“You need one? I have extra.”

“It’s okay. I just came by to give you this.”

“What’s this?”

“Breakfast.”

Suddenly the two monkeys inside started screaming at each other.

“DIE DIE!”

“YA! STOP CHEATING!”

Yoona peeped in and saw Yuri hitting Hyoyeon on her head. Hyoyeon was cheating.

“How long have they been on that game?”

“Since they woke up. I’m going to the library soon. I’ll see you there?”

“Sure, I have something else to do. I’ll see you during class later.”

“Okay.”

Yoona left the place quickly. She didn’t want to be associated to the girls for that moment. It was just so embarrassing to have them on her team sometimes but Yoona loves them the same. She made her way to another person’s place. She left that person and grabbed her bike.

I’m on my way to your place. Are you awake? I made breakfast. We eat together, k?

Yoona put her phone away after sending the message. Her bike roared into life and the girl sped off immediately.

*

Tiffany was panicking. She saw the message and quickly got out from her bed. Her room was in a mess and she had little time to clear it up. She ran all the way to Sunny’s room and dragged Soo Young back to her room.

“What?!”

“Help me clear up!”

“Why?”

“Yoona’s coming. My room is in a mess. Thanks to you!”

Soo Young came by to her room last night. She was apparently in a foul mood because Yuri dumped her on her date. Well, not literally but Yuri stormed off after Soo Young finally stopped the car. The latter was really pissed and Soo Young was in the slump after that.

“You’re supposed to be my friend!”

“Yes, but I have to make a good impression of myself!”

Soo Young stared at Tiffany. The latter slapped her forehead for letting the cat out of the bag.

“Ah, you like her!”

“Yes, I do. Now can you please clear up your mess?”

“Are you going to confess to her?”

“No?”

“Why not?!”

“I’m not so brazen like you and see what you got.”

Soo Young’s mood turned sour. And Tiffany bit her tongue for causing it to happen.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to take a jab at your misfortune.”

“It’s not a misfortune. I’m confident I’ll get Yuri one day.”

“How are you going to do that? Yuri’s peeved with you.”

“I’ll change to be a better person.”

It was Tiffany’s turn to stare at Soo Young.

“What?”

“You really like Yuri, Soo Young?”

“I think I’m in love with her.”

“Oh.My.God!”

“Yes O-M-GEE. Do you want me to clear up or not?”

“YES! I mean I’m sure you will win Yuri over but I have to clear up the mess in the room. I don’t want her to think that these alcoholic drinks were mine.”

“Fine, I’ll clear up but after you’re done with your problem, you have to help me with mine.”

“Deal.”

Soo Young and Tiffany quickly disposed the beer bottles away before Tiffany sent Soo Young away.

“Remember your promise!”

“Fine, I’ll do that. Now please go. Yoona will be here anytime soon!”

“Can I visit later?”

“NO!”

“Aw, so possessive already.”

“SHUT UP!”

Soo Young was laughing at Tiffany.

*

Seohyun was in the library. She was picking out some books for her projects and also for Krystal to read. She borrowed some motivation books to help Krystal to face life with determination. She put the books into her bag and went off.

She was about to get on the bus when she heard someone shouting from her name.

“Seohyun unnie!”

She turned to find Krystal waving at her. The girl was in her uniform. She smiled.

“What are you doing here, Krystal?”

“I was walking around; finding breakfast.”

“You skipped school?”

Krystal stuck her tongue out and Seohyun just glared at her.

“I woke up late. I’ll go to school during the second half.”

“I buy you breakfast and I’ll send you to school.”

“AH?!”

“Let’s go.”

Seohyun held out to Krystal’s hand tightly. She pulled the girl along and dragged her to the nearest eating place. Krystal just looked on; glanced to their intertwined hands. Nobody has ever worried for her like that besides her sister.

“What do you want to eat?”

“I’ll get whatever you get.”

“Okay, stay here. I’ll order for you.”

Krystal watched as Seohyun joined the queue. She felt something in her heart. It was a warm feeling that soon engulfed her cold heart.

You’re so different, Seohyun unnie.

Krystal smiled to herself.

*

Yuri went back to her room. Taeyeon was already gone. She left her a note to meet her at the lecture hall.

“Why is she always out so early in the morning?”

Yuri couldn’t be bothered much so she took a quick shower and got dressed for class. She grabbed her books and jogged lightly to the lecture hall. But she stopped to a halt when she saw Soo Young and Sunny walking past. She hid behind the pillar. Soo Young was restless.

“Can you please stop walking like this?”

Sunny was annoyed at her but Soo Young ignored her.

“I miss Yuriii~”

Soo Young was whining.

“Go and find her then.”

“She doesn’t want me to find her anymore.”

“Oh? And you’re going to listen to her?”

“She said if I don’t, she’s going to hate me for life!”

“Wow, Yuri is the first girl who can make you listen to her.”

“Lee Soon Kyu, I really like her. No, that’s not the word. I really love her.”

Yuri was stunned. Soo Young wasn’t lying about her feelings.

“You’re falling in love? You? Choi Soo Young is falling in love?”

Sunny was surprised.

“Yeah, it’s amazing, right?”

“Well, I must admit this is the first time you’re behaving like this. Why don’t you treat Yuri a little better?”

“I think she likes Boa unnie.”

Yuri was frowning away.

“I thought you’re going to steal her away from Boa unnie?”

Soo Young sighed. Yuri was still keeping ears wide open.

“I read this in a book. If you really love someone, and if she’s not meant to be mine, you must let her be happy with someone else. You must let her go.”

“OMG! SOO YOUNG, YOU’VE GROWN UP!”

“If you’re being sarcastic, shame on you. I’m hurt.”

“I’m not being sarcastic but you finally understood the meaning of love.”

Soo Young just shrugged Sunny off and walked away in a sluggish manner. Sunny had to hook her arm around hers and dragged her along. Yuri looked on as the girls disappeared from view.

Yuri was stunned with Soo Young’s confession.

Choi Soo Young, what are you talking about now? I’m so confused!

Yuri was flabbergasted.

*

Hyoyeon flipped her phone back and forth. She wondered if she should send a message to Sunny.  She finally saw Seohyun and Yuri but no signs of Taeyeon and Yoona. She looked at her time. It was still early. She sighed.

“What’s with the sigh?”

Seohyun put her books on the table. Yuri was looking a little forlorn.

“What’s with Yuri?”

“I don’t know. I found her outside the lecture hall, in a daze.”

“Yuri, are you okay?”

Yuri didn’t answer. She seemed distant. Hyoyeon smacked her forehead.

“OW!”

“What’s wrong with you? Are you feeling troubled?”

“I’m confused.”

“Confused? About what?”

“Soo Young sunbae.”

Hyoyeon and Seohyun turned to look at her immediately.

“What?”

“I heard her confession.”

“And?”

“I’m lost.”

“Why?”

Seohyun asked.

“I feel good and weird inside.”

“Yuri, you have feelings for her too?”

“I don’t know. That’s why I’m confused.”

“Give yourself time to think about it.”

Yuri turned to look at Hyoyeon and Seohyun.

“I need to leave for awhile. I’ll skip this class.”

“Wae?”

“I need to find Boa unnie.”

Yuri left the lecture hall immediately; leaving Hyoyeon and Seohyun alone.

*

“Thanks for breakfast.”

Yoona just smiled and looked away. Tiffany could sense that Yoona was feeling down. She could see from Yoona’s downcast eyes. She had to ask.

“Are you alright, Yoona?”

“Hm?”

“You seem troubled.”

Yoona looked at Tiffany, surprised.

“Don’t get me wrong.  You’re so quiet suddenly. You used to be bubblier than this.”

“Wow, you observe me.”

“Are you offended?”

“Nah, it makes me feel special. Thanks, Tiffany.”

Yoona smiled again, and this time it was with more sincerity. Tiffany was glad.

“That’s more like it.”

The pair walked side by side. Yoona offered to send Tiffany to her lecture hall before heading to hers. Tiffany was eyeing Yoona’s hand for the longest time but she couldn’t bring herself to come closer and capture it.

She was about to when Yoona suddenly spoke up.

“Have you been in love, Tiffany?”

Tiffany looked up.

“Yes, I have.”

“Does it hurt so badly?”

“Well, if it doesn’t work out, yes, it hurts.”

Yoona nodded and kept her eyes on the ground. Tiffany was still looking at her.

“I like this girl but she likes my friend. They are together now.”

“Oh?”

“But I cannot blame them. I have never told them about my feelings.”

“You’re upset because of that?”

“Yeah, I thought it wouldn’t hurt but I guess it still does.”

Tiffany’s heart was crushed. Yoona likes someone else.

“Does it hurt now?”

Yoona nodded.

“You need a hug?”

Yoona turned to look at Tiffany.

“You can hug me if you want to.”

“Can I?”

Tiffany smiled widely.

“Of course you can.”

Yoona didn’t reply and just rushed forward. She pulled Tiffany into her embrace and hugged her tightly. Tiffany was taken aback but soon wrapped her arms around Yoona’s waist. She then caressed Yoona’s back gently.

“Cry all you want. I’m here.”

“That sounds familiar.”

Tiffany chuckled softly.

“I’m repaying you back.”

“Thanks, Tiffany. I really need this.”

“Go on and hug me tightly. I’ll let you take advantage of me.”

Yoona buried her face in Tiffany’s shoulders. The latter could feel wetness on her shirt. Yoona was crying.

“Hush now.”

She gently Yoona’s hair.

I’m here, Yoona. I can make you happy again.

Tiffany’s heart wept silently.

*