Chapter 13 - Love's in the Air

Ignorant Brat

“Unnie? What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon and Jessica were busted. There was a flying roach and Jessica ran out from hiding. She rammed into her sister at her seat and Taeyeon slapped her forehead when Krystal and Seohyun were staring at her with their mouths open.

“Hi Krystal!  Hi Seohyun!”

Jessica looked pretty dumb while trying to hide the fact that she was hiding.

“Who are you with? Taeyeon unnie?”

Krystal turned to look at the pillar where her sister came from. She saw a tiny head poking out from the corner. She called to her.

“Taeyeon unnie! Come out now.”

“Dang!”

Taeyeon came out with a stupid smile. Krystal gestured her to come forward with her finger. Taeyeon took a huge gulp and went over. Seohyun was still figuring out something. She finally realized something.

“Wait, Jessica unnie is your sister, Krystal?”

“Yeah, she’s my sister.”

“Ah, that’s a huge coincidence.”

“Wae?”

Jessica turned to her sister then back to Seohyun.

“Wait, you told me you’re going to have a tuition teacher. You’re referring to Seohyun?”

“Yeah, I didn’t know her name back then and I haven’t been seeing you around.”

“Ah, that’s awesome though I’m offended. Seohyun is in the same faculty with me.”

“Oh? You know each other?”

Seohyun and Jessica nodded while Taeyeon quietly took a seat beside Jessica. Krystal hasn’t noticed her yet.

“Oh. You were too busy with Taeyeon unnie.”

Krystal finally turned to look at Taeyeon; glaring at her. Taeyeon cowered in her seat and hid her face behind Jessica’s back.

“Stop intimidating my girlfriend.”

“She’s too cute.”

“Shut up.”

“Wait, what happened earlier on?”

Seohyun had to know why Jessica crashed into their seats out of nowhere.

“Taeyeon suggested spying.”

“Hey, you don’t have to drag me down~”

“You’re my girlfriend, baby. You cannot run anyway.”

“Spying on us?”

Krystal’s eyes grew really huge.

“Why would you do that?”

Jessica, Seohyun and Krystal turned to Taeyeon for an answer. The girl was deadpan.

“Why are the 3 of you staring at me for?!”

“I think you should tell them about your wildest dream, baby.”

Jessica was sarcastic. And Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, I wanted to be a 007 Agent.”

The girls laughed so loudly. It was just too funny.

*

“So, Jessica is your sister?”

Their ice cream date was not interrupted. Taeyeon decided to sit closer to the counter. She just loves the aroma of freshly made ice cream. Jessica thought Seohyun was of no harm. So the couple let them have their own time while they sat closer to the counter. Taeyeon’s eyes were sparkling and Krystal called her little girl instead of unnie.

Taeyeon couldn’t care less. She just accepted whatever Krystal Jung would call her. She was still scared of her.

“Yeah, I came here so that I could be closer to her but I found that redundant. She has found someone.”

“There’s a certain tone of resentment in your voice.”

“Nah, I’m just glad someone could make her happy again. I’ve never seen Jessica unnie laughs so easily like that. Taeyeon really brings sunshine into her life.”

“No, what I mean is, you feel lonely.”

“Oh, that. Yeah, I’m lonely. I cannot be spending time with my sister and her girlfriend all the time.”

Seohyun knocked her forehead gently. Krystal scowled before rubbing her little bump.

“What was that for?”

“Did you forget me?”

“What’s with you?”

“What did I tell you before?”

Krystal smiled. She knew what Seohyun was talking about.

“I know. You said I still have you.”

“Yes, so if you feel lonely, you can just call me or send me a message.”

“You’ll immediately rush to me?”

Seohyun smiled before pinching Krystal’s cheeks.

“Of course I would.  I’ve already put you on my speed dial.”

Krystal was surprised to hear that. She wondered why Seohyun was exceptionally nice to her. She hasn’t done anything magical or wonderful.

“Why are you so nice to me, unnie?”

Like an angel, Seohyun’s smile shined with radiance.

“You don’t have to ask why. I’m always here for you; you just need to remember that.”

Krystal’s skies were completely blue and she could literally hear the birds singing. She has never felt so carefree before. Seohyun seemed to help her to find solace in her embrace.

*

“Is your sister always that scary?”

Taeyeon asked as Jessica intertwined her fingers around hers.

“She’s protective of me.”

“I can understand that.”

“You don’t have to worry. She’s fine with you. She’s just like that. It’s her style.”

“So terrorizing people older than her is her style?”

“I’m sure she terrorized Seohyun before.”

“Talking about that, how come you didn’t know that Seohyun’s her tutor?”

“Krystal has never said much about her life before. She just told me my parents engaged a tutor for her. She didn’t mention her name. I bet she didn’t even know Seohyun’s name beforehand.”

“You’re okay with that?”

“I think Seohyun’s smarter than anyone of us. I’m pretty okay with that.”

“Okay, if you said so.”

Taeyeon took out her phone and frowned when she saw nothing in her messages. Usually, Yoona would message and ask where she was. Not this time; not anymore and Taeyeon was pouting her lips away. She didn’t like the fact that Yoona stayed away from her after Jessica became her girlfriend.

Jessica noticed Taeyeon’s pouty lips.

“Why? Are you asking for a kiss?”

“Huh?”

“You’re pouting your lips.”

“Oh, do I have to ask for a kiss? I can just kiss you anywhere.”

“ert.”

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out but quickly turned back to her phone. She decided to call Yoona.

“Who are you calling?”

“Yoona.”

“Why?”

“I just wanted to know where she is.”

“Oh.”

“I just feel weird not contacting her and vice versa.”

“Okay, call her then.”

Taeyeon waited and then someone answered. Taeyeon frowned. That didn’t sound like Yoona. Her voice was too husky to be Yoona’s.

“Hi?”

“Err, hi? Is this Yoona’s number?”

“Ah, yes it is.”

“Is she around?”

“Oh, she’s at the doctor.”

“Huh? Why? And who are you?”

“I’m Tiffany. Nah, she fell and hurt her ankle. So I brought her to the doctor.”

“Oh, she’s fine?”

“Yeah, I’m sending her back to her dorm now. Maybe you want to meet us there?”

“Oh, that’s great! I’ll see you and Yoona there.”

Taeyeon hung up quickly; she looked worried.

“What’s wrong?”

“Yoona hurt her ankle and some girl was helping her out.”

“Oh? Is she okay?”

“She’s helping Yoona back to your room. Let’s go back and see her!”

“Okay, let’s go!”

The couple quickly rushed back to their dorm. They were worried about Yoona. Then Taeyeon suddenly realized she heard that voice before.

“That girl sounds like Tiffany, Jessica’s best friend. Her name is Tiffany too but it couldn’t be such coincidence, right?”

She wondered to herself.

*

“Who’s that?”

“I think she’s your friend. Wait; let me see the ID Caller.”

Tiffany looked at the name – Kim Midget. Tiffany frowned.

“Kim Midget?”

“Oh, she’s short.”

Tiffany was amused.

“Is that how you categorised your friends?”

“No, it wasn’t me who put her name like that. My roommate hated her so she changed the name on my phone.”

“Your roommate?”

“Long story. I’ll tell you more later.”

Tiffany was enjoying this moment although she felt guilty about Yoona’s ankle. She was the cause of it.

“I’m sorry.”

Yoona looked up; puzzled.

“Huh?”

“You twisted your ankle because of me. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be silly. I’m fine. It’s just a sprain ankle.”

Yoona pulled Tiffany closer and wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s waist. She needed support and Tiffany was just nice for her to hold on. Tiffany was stunned at first but when she realized Yoona was struggling to get a good grip. She steadied herself so that the poor girl could lean on her. She then held Yoona’s arm tightly.

Earlier on, Yoona saved her from a moving car. Tiffany didn’t keep an eye on the road; she was too focused on her phone. Yoona was just behind her when she pulled Tiffany in as the car zoomed past them. In confusion, Yoona misplaced her feet and fell from the kerb instead. She twisted her ankle.

Tiffany insisted to send her to the doctor and now she offered to send her back to the dorm. Tiffany was holding on tightly to Yoona. They walked together; slowly.

“I’m sorry; I know I’ve become a slowpoke.”

“It’s okay; I don’t mind walking like this.”

“Yeah, we can enjoy the scenery even more, right?”

Yoona looked up; Tiffany followed suit. The sky was darkening as the sun was slowly setting in over the horizon. It was so beautiful; there were beautiful colours of red and orange. It looked like someone has just painted the sky.

“Wow, it’s really beautiful.”

Tiffany was admiring the sky when Yoona suddenly took a picture of her. She was doing it secretly. But Tiffany heard the camera click.

“Hm?”

“You look as beautiful as the sky.”

“Huh?”

“I just had to take that side of you. Look!”

Yoona showed her the photo she took. It was extremely beautiful and perfect. The two suddenly looked up at the same time; their eyes met and Tiffany’s heart was thumping really hard. She wondered if Yoona could hear it.

Yoona wondered if her heart was turning warm because she has fallen in love with Tiffany or was it because of Tiffany’s perfect eye smile that was tugging the emotion strings of her heart. Either way, it was amazing for Yoona. She never knew that beauty side of Tiffany until now.

“Tiffany, you’re so beautiful.”

Yoona suddenly spoke out softly and Tiffany heard it. The two girls blushed immediately – one was extremely embarrassed with her confession while the other was taken aback and completely taken by surprise by the other’s confession.

They just stood there; looking up into the darkening sky; with their arms around each other. It was so perfect; it was just so beautiful like that.

*

“Sunny, I hate this game.”

Hyoyeon was sulking away when she kept losing. Sunny was patiently teaching how to play but her opponent was too strong for her.

“You just learn how to play today. I’m sure if you master it, you can win one day too.”

“I don’t have the patience.”

“I can see that.”

Hyoyeon grinned. But she still continued playing for the fun of it. Sunny was watching her. Her heart was fluttering whenever Hyoyeon turned to smile at her.

“Are you hungry?”

Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

“Yes, a little.”

“I can cook for you something.”

“Huh? Now?”

“You can head over to my dorm. I can cook something up. My roommate has this cookery and stove that we can use. We usually cook at the balcony. Of course it’s nothing fanciful but at least we can chill out.”

“Your roommate doesn’t mind?”

“She won’t be home that soon. She has some tuition kid to attend to. If you don’t mind, we can go now.”

Hyoyeon finally turned her full attention on Sunny. The girl blushed. And it didn’t help that Hyoyeon was grinning as well.

“Let’s go?”

“Okay.”

Hyoyeon stuck her arm out. Sunny looked at her.

“Huh?”

“Let’s hook arms, girlfriend.”

Hyoyeon was urging her. Sunny shyly put her arm around Hyoyeon’s arm and went off together. In Sunny’s heart, she knew she has fallen for Hyoyeon’s charms. But Hyoyeon was still vague. Her affections didn’t show much.

Do you like me the way I do, Hyoyeon?

Sunny wondered.

*

Yuri was queuing for food when some guy stood in front of her.  He was asking for help but Soo Young thought he was hitting on her. She rushed to them immediately.

“Can I help you?”

The guy looked up. Yuri did the same too.

“What’s wrong, Soo Young?”

“What does he want from you?”

The guy looked at Soo Young and then turned to Yuri.

“Oh, is she your girlfriend?”

Yuri almost wanted to deny it but Soo Young beat her to it.

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend.”

“YA~”

“Ah, I’m sorry. I was asking her for directions.”

“Oh, where do you wanna go? I’ll show you.”

“You’re such a cute couple. It’s just so nice to meet another gay couple like me.”

“Heh?”

Yuri and Soo Young looked at him. The guy recognized that look.

“Ah, I get it. You thought I wanted to hit on her?”

Soo Young nodded and Yuri was appalled with her.

“She’s really beautiful. You two really look good together.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah, my boyfriend will agree too.”

“Wait, are you going to meet him?”

“Yeah, but I lost my way. And my phone battery died on me.”

“You can use my phone!”

Soo Young volunteered her phone and the guy was grateful for her. He called his boyfriend and Yuri was pulling Soo Young to the corner. She smacked the girl’s forehead really hard.

“Ow?!”

“Why did you say I’m your girlfriend?!”

“Aren’t you?”

“When did I?!”

“You said you like me.”

“I didn’t say I hate you.”

“That to me is the same as I like you.”

“Well, even if I like you, I don’t remember agreeing to be your girlfriend?!”

Soo Young grinned.

“Sooner or later you’ll be mine.”

“What?!”

“Yuri ah, what else are you waiting for?”

Yuri’s eyes grew larger.

“I love you.”

Yuri’s heart skipped a beat.

“Do you want to be mine?”

Yuri was stunned.

*

Tiffany and Yoona were walking back to Yoona’s room slowly. They were holding hands and Tiffany were watching Yoona taking one step at a time.

“Are you tired?”

“Nah, I’m fine.”

“We can take a rest if you want to.”

“It’s okay. I can just lean on you. Do you mind?”

“No, I don’t mind.”

Tiffany was ecstatic when Yoona leaned closer.  Their bodies were close together when suddenly Yoona stepped on a slippery surface. She almost slipped. Tiffany caught her in time.

“Wait, hang on!”

It was like a split of second when their lips accidentally touched. They were stunned and their faces turned red. Tiffany wanted to pull away but Yoona held on to her stronger.

“Yoona..?”

Yoona looked at her for a few seconds before she pulled Tiffany closer to her. And Tiffany didn’t retaliate either.

It felt like heaven when their lips touched. And both wanted it to last longer.