Chapter 11 - Sunshine After The Rain

Ignorant Brat

Yunho and Boa were sitting at the bench; under a tree. They were just basking with love under the morning sun. Their lessons would be starting later so they decided to have breakfast and just hang out together. Boa wrapped her arms around her boyfriend. Suddenly Yunho tensed up and Boa, who was hugging him, was puzzled.

“What’s wrong baby?”

“Urm.”

Yunho was pointing weakly at an intruder who stood behind Boa; glaring at the couple. Boa quickly turned to find her sister staring at her.

“Yuri?”

Yuri came closer and put her hands on her hips. She was staring at Yunho and then Boa.

“Why are you hugging my sister tightly?”

“We were just hanging out.”

Yunho quickly let Boa go. Boa rolled her eyes at Yuri. Her little sister had to spoil her morning.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“I need to talk to Unnie.”

“Okay, I’ll get something to drink. Do you want anything, Yuri?”

“Why are you asking my sister?”

“It’s out of courtesy, baby.”

“Oppa, I want a Red Bull.”

“In such early morning?”

Boa turned to look at Yuri. Her sister would only drink Red Bull if she’s troubled.

“Baby, get her a can. I want coffee.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

Yunho leaned in and kissed Boa’s forehead and then smiled at Yuri. Yuri returned him the smile and looked away. Boa knew her sister was in a deep trouble. Once Yunho disappeared from view, Boa took her sister’s hand and caressed lightly.

“What’s wrong, Yuri? Talk to Unnie.”

Yuri was indeed perplexed. She sighed before turning to face her sister. She was completely confused with her feelings. She wasn’t too sure what she was supposed to feel.

“I’m confused.”

“With what?”

“With Soo Young sunbae.”

Boa raised her eye brows in surprise.

“I thought you hate her?”

“She confessed to me, Unnie.”

“What?”

“She said she loves me.”

Boa was completely stunned.

“And how do you feel towards her?”

“I have no idea. I’m really very confused right now.”

Boa watched as Yuri’s forehead wrinkled together. Her sister was thinking hard. Boa then pulled her closer and hugged her little sister tightly. Yuri sighed and leaned against her sister’s chest.

“I think my little sister is confused because she has a tiny winy feeling for her Soo Young sunbae.”

“Unnie!”

“Okay, okay. Calm down. Just listen to me and answer my questions truthfully.”

“Okay.”

Yuri was pouting her lips together.

“What do you think of Soo Young sunbae?”

“She’s annoying.”

“No, I want you to give it thorough thought before answering me.”

“What?”

“Just do it.”

Yuri sighed again but gave a good thought.

“What do you think of her?”

“She’s funny. And she’s always there when I’m alone or needed someone.”

“And how do you feel when you see her?”

Yuri scrunched her eyebrows together.

“Do you feel irked having her around?”

“No, not really. It actually feels good to have her around although she’s annoying.”

“Really? So do you feel happy when you see her?”

“Kind of.”

“You’re confused because you thought it’s wrong to be in love with a girl?”

Yuri turned to face her sister.  Boa knew it. Her sister was afraid of such relationship.

“BINGO.”

“Isn’t it weird?”

“What is it?”

“Girl & Girl Relationships?”

“Well, if you love her, why should you bother what others say?”

“You mean, you don’t mind?”

“Why should I mind? My sister’s happy. I think that’s all I wanted from her.”

“How about Mom and Dad?”

“You don’t have to tell them immediately.”

“I have to keep it a hush?”

“Yuri, I think the most important question is now; whether you like Soo Young the same way as she likes you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you like her in that way?”

Yuri stared at her sister for the longest time. Her sister could always read her easily.

“You know the answer. The next step is – do you dare to face it?”

Yuri was doomed. She knew that was going to be the hardest part for her.

*

Yoona sat quietly at the back of the hall. She came late so she couldn’t sit with the girls. But she wasn’t paying attention. She remembered her conversation with Tiffany earlier on.

“Don’t be upset anymore. If you’re upset, I’ll be upset too.”

Tiffany gently pulled Yoona away from her before looking up.  Yoona was looking at her too.

“You don’t look pretty when you cry.”

Yoona smiled weakly.

“Thanks for lending me your shoulders.”

“You can use them anytime.”

“Really?”

“Of course, these shoulders are just meant for you.”

Yoona was taken aback when Tiffany said that. Tiffany smiled widely. So Yoona shrugged it off. She gave Tiffany a tight hug before letting go again.

“I do feel better now.”

“That’s great. Are you free later on?”

“Hmm?”

“We can go watch movie and just hang out.”

“You want to do that with me?”

“Why not?”

“Okay!”

Yoona’s smile quickly returned and Tiffany was really happy to see it again. Suddenly Tiffany’s cheeks turned red and Yoona was amused yet again.

“Why are you blushing again?”

“Hmm.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Yoona. I’m just standing in front of a beautiful girl. Of course my heart will pump rapidly and the blood will just shoot up to my brain and thus, causing me to flush.”

Yoona frowned.

“What?”

“You’re beautiful, Yoona. You’ll find someone who will love you more than you ever love anyone before.”

Tiffany then kissed her forehead; took her books from Yoona’s hands and went into her lecture hall; leaving Yoona flabbergasted for a moment.”

Yoona pondered a little bit more.

“Tiffany likes me?”

Her eyes grew larger when she realized that could be a possible answer for Tiffany’s actions earlier on.

*

Soo Young was sitting with Sunny and Bora. Tiffany joined them after the lecture. She took came late earlier on. She was tending to Yoona’s broken heart. She was still smiling thinking of her love, Yoona.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

Sunny saw it first. Soo Young grinned.

“How’s breakfast? Was it fun?”

“Yeah, thanks for not barging into my room.”

“I kept my bargain. Now its your turn.”

“What bargain?”

Bora was completely lost and Sunny knew Soo Young had something up in her sleeves. Tiffany nodded and sat in front of Soo Young.

“So what can I do for you to help you with Yuri?”

“Yoona is her good friend. Can you find out for me something?”

“What is it?”

“Can you help me find out about Yuri’s relationship with Boa?”

“Not again. Are you serious about this, Soo Young?”

Bora was still surprised about Soo Young’s never-ending quest to get Yuri.

“Look, I know I was a player back then. But not with this girl, Yuri. She’s different.”

“Tell me more.”

Soo Young looked up to find her three best friends were staring at her with inquisitive eyes. She rolled her eyes at them.

“She makes me feel complete. See how crappy I am now because I couldn’t see her. I just need to see her to make me feel good for the rest of the day.”

“Just by seeing her?”

“Yes, just by looking at her would make my day perfect.”

“I don’t like the new Soo Young. She’s too cheesy.”

Bora wasn’t interested so she turned to her drinks.

“Ya, will you help me or not?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Fine, I’ll do that for you but in the meantime, stop scaring Yuri off. If you really like her, then woo her with sincerity. I’ll find out Boa unnie’s relationship with Yuri.”

Soo Young smiled widely. Suddenly Sunny’s phone rang. She quickly turned to find Hyoyeon’s name blinking. And Bora happened to see it.

“Why is Hyoyeon calling you?”

“I’ll be right back!”

Sunny grabbed her phone and ran. The three girls looked at her, bewildered.

“YA! SUNNY!”

But Sunny was already gone. She disappeared really quickly. She climbed up the stairs to the fourth floor. The phone was still ringing and she took a deep breath before answering it.

“Hi?”

“Hey, Sunny! I’m sorry, are you busy?”

“No, what’s up?”

Sunny tried to sound as cool as she could.

“I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me later.”

“Oh? With our friends?”

“Err, no. Just the two of us.  You’re into games, right?”

Sunny was surprised. How did Hyoyeon know?

“I saw your magazines last time. They were gaming magazines. I just saw this new game store nearby. I thought you might want to introduce to me some games.”

Sunny agreed and hung up after confirming the place to meet. Her heart was beating rapidly and she was grinning from ear to ear.  There was this sudden adrenalin rush to her brain when she thought of having lunch alone with Hyoyeon. It made her feel excited.

“What’s wrong with me? Why am I so excited to meet Hyoyeon?”

Sunny was perplexed.

*

“Yoona!”

Jessica jumped on her; the younger girl was startled.

“Sica? What are you doing?”

Taeyeon was rolling her eyes when Jessica annoyed her further while hooking arms with Yoona.

“Are you jealous of your own buddy?”

“My buddy is a gorgeous girl.”

Yoona smirked.

“Stop smirking like that!”

Yoona ignored her. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were minding their own business. Yuri suddenly appeared out of nowhere; joining them for lunch.

“Who’s this?”

“Taeyeon, do you want to introduce your girl to them?”

Yoona was winking at Taeyeon. Her face turned red and the other three girls were staring blankly at Taeyeon.

“OH MY GOD! YOU BEDDED THIS GIRL?!”

“WHO IS SHE?!”

“ YOONA’S ROOMMATE!”

“YA! STOP SAYING LIKE THAT!”

“WHAT ROOMMATE?! SHE’S MY GIRLFRIEND NOW!”

“WOW, SHE’S REALLY HOT!”

“KWON YURI! STOP STARING AT MY GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT!”

“Errr, are they always this crazy and rowdy, Seohyun?”

“Yes Jessica unnie. They have always been like that.”

“So you’re more normal one.”

“Well, Yoona unnie is one of me too but she would turn like them when they start talking dirty about you.”

“HEY!”

The other four protested. Seohyun stuck her tongue out.

“HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME YOONA’S ROOMMATE IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS?”

“I TOLD YOU BEFORE, YURI!”

“OH.”

“YA! STOP TALKING ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT.”

“CAN YOU GUYS STOP SAYING “YOONA’S ROOMMATE”?! PEOPLE CAN GET THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT ME!”

Seohyun and Jessica ignored the bickering girls and moved to the cafeteria. The girls followed them from behind but still bickering among themselves. Taeyeon was exasperated when Hyoyeon and Yuri were lusting over her girlfriend.

“Excuse me, she’s mine!”

“I know. But you’re not married yet! Technically, she’s still available!”

“Yuri, I thought you like Soo Young sunbae?”

Hyoyeon dropped the bomb.

“WHAT?!”

“KIM HYOYEON, DID I HURT YOUR OR SOMETHING?!”

“I just love to make people panic like that.”

“GRRR!”

“YA! TELL US!”

The chaos wouldn’t stop.

*

Bora went off with her boyfriend. Sunny left secretly; Soo Young wanted to follow her quietly but Tiffany smacked her forehead.

“What?”

“She will tell us when she’s ready.”

“Are you suspecting her having someone?”

“Let her be. I’m sure Sunny will tell us one day.”

“What am I supposed to do now? Can I tag along with you?”

“Whatever for?!”

“You don’t allow me to go with Sunny.”

“................................”

“So you’re basically stuck with me.”

Tiffany regretted stopping Soo Young from spying on Sunny. Yoona sent her a message earlier on. She was already waiting at the front gate.

“Where are you going by the way?”

“I have a date with Yoona.”

“Can I come along?”

“Do I have a choice? Even if I say no, you’ll start whining.”

“You’re the best! I promise I’ll keep myself invisible.”

“What the.”

Soo Young was already walking ahead of Tiffany.

“Me and my big mouth.”

Tiffany cursed at herself.

*

“I’m going off.”

Hyoyeon took her bag and left. Seohyun had tuition with Krystal. The couple had some place to go and Yuri was left with Yoona. Yoona was staring at her.

“Aren’t you leaving?”

“Why are you ditching me?”

“What?”

“I have no plans. Can we hang out together?”

“I’m going out with Tiffany.”

“Huh? Tiffany? Are you two together?”

“No, we wanted to hang out.”

“So it’s okay for me to go, right?”

“What?”

“THANKS YOONA!”

“YA I DIDN’T AGREE!”

“I’ll tell Boa unnie you’re dumping me.”

“.............................................”

“I’m feeling down. You should keep me company.”

“................................................................................”

“Let’s go!”

Yuri pulled Yoona along.

“Why are you even more excited than me?!”

Yuri ignored Yoona as she dragged the girl along. Yoona was doomed.

“So much for emotional blackmailing.”

Yoona hissed under her breath.

*

“YOU?!”

Yuri and Soo Young were pointing at each other. Tiffany rolled her eyes and Yoona smacked her forehead.  The two in question turned to face them.

“DID YOU PLAN THIS?!”

Both girls asked at the same time.

“You wanted to follow me, Soo Young.”

“You told me not to ditch you. You wanted to tag along, Yuri.”

Yuri was stunned to meet Soo Young again. Soo Young was excited to meet Yuri too but she tried to keep it cool. Yuri was panicking.

“So are you girls okay with each other?”

Tiffany asked.

“They don’t have much choice. They can hang out together on their own if they wish to.”

“NO! WE’RE COMING WITH YOU!”

Tiffany couldn’t help but laughed while Yoona was smirking away. They suddenly realized the other two might be fun to watch today.

Indeed they were.

*

Seohyun was surprised to find Krystal at the door. This was the first time the girl was actually at home.

“Wow, you’re early.”

“I went straight home after school.”

“Did you get into trouble for coming late?”

“I apologized.”

Seohyun was surprised but nevertheless patted on Krystal’s head. The other girl frowned.

“I’m not a child!”

“It’s a reward for being a good girl.”

“I’m not a pet either!”

“Fine then, what do you want for a good behaviour?”

“Do you always reward your students like these?”

“Of course, it’s like an encouragement for them.”

“Okay. I want an ice cream outing after our lessons.”

“What?”

“You told me you wanted to reward me.”

Seohyun smiled widely.

“Okay, but after we finish our tuition.”

“Okay!”

Krystal felt good inside. Seohyun’s smile warmed her heart instantly. She has never felt like this before. It was definitely something new for Krystal.

What the hell is going on with you, Krystal Jung?

Krystal just couldn’t figure out.

*