Chapter 18

Ignorant Brat

“You owe me an explanation.”

Taeyeon whispered softly to Yuri. She went back to her room and caught Soo Young and Yuri on the bed. She was surprised but Yuri was quick to pull her in before she could even react.

“She’s my girlfriend now.”

Taeyeon stared at Yuri in disbelief.

“Don’t look at me like that.”

“Wait, walk with me through this. I thought you hate her?”

Soo Young was giggling away and Yuri rolled her eyes at her.

“Well, I fell in love with her.”

“Ah, opposites attract.”

“What?”

“Well, enemies normally fall in love. Jessica hated me before she fell in love with me.”

“Ah, it’s the same theory!”

Soo Young quipped in as well much to Yuri’s annoyance. The taller girl quickly went over to Yuri and pulled her into her arms. She hugged her favourite person tightly. Taeyeon was already smiling away.

“Aw, that’s so sweet.”

Yuri blushed as she turned sideways to kiss Soo Young on her cheek. She was getting used to have Soo Young’s arms around her all the time.

“Taeyeon, be my witness.”

“Huh?”

“What are you doing, Soo Young?”

Soo Young shook her head and gave a soft kiss on Yuri’s cheeks.

“Be my witness as I declare my love for her.”

“Ah, that’s a huge honour!”

“YA~ you don’t have to do that!”

“I have to!”

“You’re going to embarrass me!”

But Soo Young didn’t care and Taeyeon was already willing to be her witness. Well, she was just there to tease Yuri. Yuri was embarrassed at first but her heart was slowly melting. She never knew Soo Young was that type of girl who would fiercely fight for her love. Yuri knew Soo Young was a little stronger than her. Yuri would give up so easily but not Soo Young.

She realized the reason why she likes Soo Young was because Soo Young was persistent and didn’t give up on her even when Yuri was acting mean to her. Before she knew it, Soo Young touched her with her sincerity although that feeling didn’t last that long. The girl was getting on her nerves all over again.

“I was just declaring my love. Do you have to cry?”

“I have emotions.”

“No, seriously baby. I thought you were more of a strong-headed type of person.”

“I’m still a girl!”

“She cries a lot. She cries when she watches sad movies.”

Taeyeon played her out.

“Kim Taeyeon, you want to die?”

“Is that supposed to be a secret?”

Taeyeon was teasing her.

“Shall we watch more sad stories then?”

“Shut up.”

“Can I tag along with Jessica?”

“Whatever for?!”

“Actually Taeyeon, Jessica is equally weak as Yuri.”

“I’m not weak!”

“Yes baby, I know that.”

“Choi Soo Young! Stop ganging up with my roommate to disturb me!”

“I’m a willing party.”

“KIM TAEYEON!”

Poor Yuri. She had two mean kids on her tracks. She was going crazy with their endless teasing.

*

“Ow?”

Tiffany pinched Jessica’s under her arm. The girl jumped as that bruised flesh was throbbing painfully.

“Stop staring at my girlfriend like that.”

“You must be kidding. She’s my roommate, for god sake.”

“Can she stay with me?”

“You’re kidding?”

“She’s my girlfriend.”

“Wow, Tiffany. You’re possessive!”

“She’s too beautiful. I cannot let her roam around without me.”

“She has done that and turned out to be perfectly fine still.”

“No way, normally people will think someone who’s attached looks more desirable out of sudden.”

Jessica was amused. She has never seen this side of Tiffany before. Yoona was making breakfast at Tiffany’s room and she invited Jessica over. Taeyeon decided to head back to her room so Jessica came alone.

They were just talking but Tiffany was already turning green with jealousy. So when Jessica returned to her, Tiffany pinched her immediately.

“Jessica, is this how you feel when you’re in love?”

“Hmm?”

“You feel blessed all the time. Yoona really treats me well.”

“Yes, that’s how love should be. I know she could make you happy.”

“But I feel jealous.”

“Whatever for?”

“You’re my best friend and I’m already jealous. I cannot imagine if her friends were with her.”

“Ya~ being jealous are considered acceptable. But don’t be too over-possessive. You’ll suffocate her.”

“I know but I’m so in love with her. I guess I must learn to control my emotions.”

Jessica grinned.

“You know what; I think your girlfriend can accept your possessiveness.”

“What?”

“She’s such a nice girl. I’m sure she will try to accommodate you.”

“But I don’t want to be too overbearing. We’re only in our beginning stage but I already knew that I cannot afford to lose her.”

“Tiffany, don’t be silly. You’re supposed to enjoy your relationship with Yoona; not worrying about the future.”

“I cannot help it. I really cannot lose her.”

“You’re not going to lose her, you silly toad. Yoona’s going to be an awesome girlfriend. Oh my god, trust me.”

Tiffany decided to trust Jessica. For some reason, Jessica was right. She should stop feeling so insecure about Yoona. The girl was splendid so far.

“Yoona, are you done? Tiffany’s hungry.”

Tiffany poked Jessica in her ribs.

“Oh? It’s almost done. Give me a minute.”

Jessica then turned to look at Tiffany.

“See, I told you. She’s anxious that you’re hungry.”

Tiffany smiled widely.

“I know. She’s mine by the way.”

“You don’t need to remind me, Hwang Miyoung.”

“I have to. She used to like you.”

“Oh my god, you’re just going to go on and on about that, aren’t you?”

Tiffany stuck her tongue out.

“You’re too beautiful.  Of course I’m feeling insecure!”

“Right!”

Jessica was flabbergasted.

*

Krystal went on for her shopping therapy. Jessica gave her the credit card their father gave them to shop. But Krystal couldn’t find anything. She was getting even more perplexed when she saw couples at the mall. It infuriated her further.

“Do you have to display your stupid relationship so openly?!”

She was cursing and swearing to herself. She avoided them like plague and decided to play one or two games at the arcade. Just then, she saw someone familiar – Sulli.

“YA~”

Sulli was surprised to find Krystal at the mall.

“Wah, you skipped classes too?”

“I thought you were attending a study group or something?”

“Yes, but it lasted for an hour.”

“Ah, I should have known.”

“What are you doing here?”

Krystal took out her credit card.

“You’re still upset over your tutor?”

“She blew me off with a letter. That’s not nice.”

“She didn’t literally blow you off. She was merely telling you what she was planning to do. She said she would return, didn’t she?”

“It’s just a formality. You know they won’t come back.”

“You don’t wish to give her the benefit of doubt?”

Krystal looked on.

“Maybe she will return. She just need some time to sort her thoughts out. I think she’s really responsible. She doesn’t want to hurt you or do things that she would regret.”

Sulli made sense. Well, that was the exact same thing Jessica had told her earlier on. But being the younger sister, Krystal insisted that she was right. Jessica let her win anyway.

“Sulli, I’m really upset.”

“I know. I tell you what. Let’s just have fun today. What do you want to do?”

“You’re going to abandon your friends?”

“They abandon me first. They ran inside the arcade and I couldn’t find them.”

Krystal smiled.

“Let’s watch a movie, okay?”

Krystal nodded her head. She felt a lot better after Sulli’s attempt to cheer her up. She decided to put Seohyun away for awhile. Maybe she will return.  Suddenly Sulli hooked her arm around Krystal’s. The girl looked at her.

“What?”

“Let’s go.”

“Oh. Okay!”

The two girls were skipping their way to the movie theatres. Unknown to them, someone happened to be there and was watching them intently.

“Krystal, are you changing hearts now?”

Seohyun’s heart suddenly sank to the bottomless pit.

*

Hyoyeon was preparing for her dinner date with Sunny when her phone rang. She didn’t look at the ID caller; she just immediately answered.

“Hello?”

“HYOYEON BABY!”

Hyoyeon pulled her phone away and took a quick glance. She was stunned.

“Min?”

“Yes! I’m back in Seoul now. I have decided to continue my studies here.”

“What?”

“Should we meet up, baby?”

“Min, I’m busy at the moment. Can I call you later?”

“Okay sure! Call me soon! We should meet up.”

Hyoyeon hung up immediately. She didn’t expect this. How could this happen?

“Why is Min back now?!”

Hyoyeon was perplexed.

*

“Sunny, where are you going?”

Soo Young was walking in through the door when she saw Sunny putting on some light make up.

“I’m meeting someone.”

“Oh?”

Soo Young threw her bag onto her bed and turned around. She was watching Sunny intently when she realized she was wearing her favourite dress. She would only wear that for a date.

“Wait a minute. That dress..?”

Sunny smiled widely.

“YOU’RE DATING?!”

“Do you have to scream?”

“WITH WHO?!”

Sunny turned to look at her. She suddenly realized Soo Young didn’t come home and she was wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

“Before I answer to that, where have you been?”

“I was at Yuri’s place.”

Sunny’s eyes shot out. Soo Young was giving a grimace face.

“What the hell.”

“Hey, I didn’t make her life miserable!”

“Right!”

“I’m serious. She’s my girlfriend now.”

Sunny turned to face her.

“She’s what?!”

“She agreed to be my girlfriend.”

“Seriously?”

“Don’t doubt me.”

“I have to. You won’t last long in all of your relationships.”

Soo Young sighed. She stood up and poured herself a glass of water. She took a sip and then helped Sunny with her dress.

“It wont happen to Yuri.”

Sunny looked on.

“I love her. I mean you will never see me trying so hard to get a girl. I admit, at first I thought she was playing hard to get and I wanted to really get her to teach her a lesson. But as I got to spend more time with her although it was more of yelling and arguments, I was slowly finding myself falling in love with her.”

“She’s that wonderful huh, Soo Young?”

“She’s the first one who denied me. I wanted to win over her but she won me instead.”

“You’re really grown up now. Your mom will be happy for you.”

“She will lecture me.”

“If you feel that Yuri is the one, then cherish her, Soo Young. She’s really nice come to think of it.”

“Of course! She’s mine, anyway.”

“Fine, she’s yours.”

“Wait, you haven’t told me yours yet.”

Sunny grinned.

“Don’t grin. Say.”

“Kim Hyoyeon.”

Soo Young was stunned.

“SERIOUSLY?!”

Sunny just smiled and wore her shoes. Soo Young was following her around.

“Ya~ Tell me!”

“Yes, she’s mine now.”

Sunny chuckled softly before running off.

“YA! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME MORE WHEN YOU RETURN!”

“OKAY!!”

“HAVE FUN!!”

“BYEEE!”

Sunny disappeared from view after that and Soo Young was smiling widely.

“It’s time to call my baby!”

She closed the door behind her.

*

“Wait!”

“What?”

“I thought I saw your tutor.”

“Where?”

Krystal turned but she saw nobody.

“Are you seeing things?”

Sulli frowned.

“But I thought she was following us.”

“Sulli, you need to wash your face.”

“Am I really seeing things?”

Sulli turned around again to take one last look. She really thought she saw Seohyun.

“Sulli, hurry up! The movie’s starting!”

“Okay.”

Sulli bit her lower lip and then ran towards Krystal. She couldn’t stop in time and crashed into Krystal. The girl smacked her forehead hard. Then they started bickering; Sulli was hitting her back and Krystal retaliated.

They might appear harmless but to someone else, it irked her wrath. Seohyun finally realized she was jealous.

“Krystal, what are you doing now?”

Seohyun was frowning away.

*