Chapter 16

Ignorant Brat

Jessica requested to have time alone with Yoona. The other halves agreed and both left the room to give some space for both Yoona and Jessica. They sat on the bed; Jessica was staring directly at Yoona. The girl was looking away.

“Yoona, we need to settle some issue.”

“What is it, unnie?”

“I saw your notebook.”

Yoona’s eyes grew larger. She knew what Jessica was talking about.

“You read it?”

“I didn’t mean it. It was open.”

“It’s okay.”

“But it’s not okay with Tiffany. She’s a little worried that your crush turned out to be her best friend.”

“I didn’t know you’re her best friend.”

“I know, I understand. But Tiffany can get really insecure.”

“I see.”

“I’m not blaming you for anything. I just want to tell you that I love Taeyeon.”

Yoona nodded and smiled.

“I know that. But I’m sincere towards Tiffany.”

“I know you are. You’re a nice girl. I’m sure when you agreed to be with Tiffany, you must have liked her lot to do that.”

“Yeah, I do. I mean we didn’t even start anything. I think you’re so much happier with Taeyeon.”

“She’s amazing in her own ways.”

“I know.”

“Tiffany’s amazing too, Yoona.”

Yoona grinned widely.

“Yeah, she is. She’s really amazing in her own ways. And I’m slowly falling in love with her. It’s different between you and her.”

“Great to know that! Now you have to prove it to her. Tiffany is fragile no matter how strong she could be. Her family is in US and she’s all alone here.”

“I see. I’ll take note of that. And you have to take good care of Taeyeon too. She’s an idiot sometimes.”

“Ah, I know that really well. Thanks for the heads up.”

“Oh, I’ll be over at her place. Tiffany’s roommate went home. I think I want to keep her company.”

“Sure~!”

“And please, don’t make a mess of the room.”

“When did we do that?”

“I had to clear up the room the last time!”

“Fine, I’ll clear up. Thanks for everything, Yoona.”

“Thanks to you too. I’ll take good care of Tiffany.”

The two girls shook hands.  Jessica knew Yoona would be more sensible than anyone else.

And she knew Tiffany would be in good hands.

*

“Why does Jessica want to have a private time with Yoona?”

Taeyeon suddenly asked.

“Are you jealous?”

“You don’t?”

“I trust Yoona.”

“I trust Jessica.”

“So that means you don’t trust Yoona.”

“NO! I DO TRUST HER!”

“Then why did you ask?”

“The three of you had a staring game earlier on. I was lost.”

“It’s nothing much.  Maybe they have something to talk about.”

“Okay. Hey, they’re out!”

Taeyeon ran towards Jessica while Yoona hopped her way to Tiffany. Tiffany caught hold of her arms and held on tightly. Yoona smiled widely.

“What did the two of you talk about?”

Taeyeon seemed curious but Tiffany had the strongest feeling that Taeyeon might be jealous.

“She’s jealous.”

“I’m not!”

“Why are you jealous, baby?”

“I’m not jealous! I’m curious.”

“Nah, I was just telling her to take good care of Tiffany.”

Jessica looked up to Yoona. The girl smiled.

“Yeah. Kim Taeyeon, you better take good care of Jessica.”

“I will.”

Tiffany turned to look at Yoona; she wondered what the girls talked about. Yoona smiled.

“I’ll stay with you tonight.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t want to leave you alone.”

“Oh okay.”

“Let’s go back to your room now.”

Yoona held Tiffany’s hand tightly as she limped slowly back to Tiffany’s room. Jessica smiled.

Yoona, I know you can love Tiffany well.

Jessica was convinced of that.

*

Yoona was limping and Tiffany held on to her tightly. She was watching Yoona’s limping ankle and never once looked up the latter. Yoona was watching her all the while. She recalled Jessica’s words. She then grabbed Tiffany’s hands. The girl looked up.

 

“I love you.”

 

Tiffany was surprised. Yoona’s love confession came abruptly.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Jessica told me everything. She even found out that I had feelings for her. But after that long talk that we had together, both of us agreed that it was not going to happen. Jessica loves Taeyeon too much.”

 

Tiffany just looked on. She wasn’t too sure what she should say.

“I just want you to know that I chose you not because I’m taking you as a substitute. I’m here with you because I want to be with you. My feelings just slowly grew and I keep falling harder and faster.”

 

Yoona paused briefly; Tiffany was still looking at her.

 

“Trust me. I can never love another girl when my eyes only have one person. Moreover, it’s tiring to have feelings for two girls. So I’m just going to focus on you.”

 

Yoona beamed brightly. Tiffany was looking at her.

 

“You still don’t trust me?”

 

“No, I’m just wondering what I do to deserve you.”

 

Tiffany looked away; she was feeling guilty for doubting Yoona earlier on when Yoona’s heart was already with her.

 

“You doubt me right?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m not mad. I can understand why you doubt me. But give me a chance to prove it to you, Tiffany. I’ll love you well.”

 

“I don’t need you to prove to me. I just need you to love me because I’m already so deeply in love with you.”

 

Yoona grinned widely. She then stopped in front of her baby and put her hands on her shoulders. She stared into Tiffany’s eyes; making the older girl blushed.

 

“I promise you. I’ll take good care of your heart. I’ll love you like how you want me to.”

 

Tiffany was relieved to hear that from Yoona’s mouth. She nodded her head eagerly.

 

“I love you, Tiffany.”

 

“I love you too, Yoona.”

 

Their love has perfectly begun.

 

*

“Yuri ah, I’m not going back.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Yoona’s going back to her girlfriend’s place.”

 

“Girlfriend?!”

 

“Long story. We will talk more tomorrow. You take good care of your drunk friend.”

 

“It’s actually Soo Young.”

 

Yuri mumbled.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“WE TALK LATER! BYE!”

 

“YA KWON YURI!”

 

Yuri could literally hear Taeyeon screaming into the phone but she quickly hung up immediately. She was not ready to be bombarded with questions from Taeyeon. She would deal with her later. Now she had to handle Soo Young. The girl was lying on her bed.

 

“What am I supposed to do with you?

 

Yuri was staring at Soo Young who was sleeping peacefully. She then found herself smiling when Soo Young mumbled softly in her sleep.

 

“Kwon Yuri, I really really like you.”

 

She heard that so clearly. And it felt good to hear that from Soo Young’s mouth.

 

“Choi Soo Young, you’re the first girl who swept me off my feet and I think I’m in trouble. I’m in love with you now too.”

 

Yuri confessed; thinking Soo Young couldn’t hear her. Unknown to her, Soo Young was already waking up.  Yuri was on the phone with Taeyeon earlier on and Soo Young overheard her telling Taeyeon that Soo Young’s with her.

 

She was pleasantly surprised to hear those words from Yuri earlier on. She knew Yuri likes her. She just needed time to realize it herself. But her forehead was throbbing like mad. It hurt so badly. She chided herself for drinking too much on the rocks.

 

Suddenly she heard a voice.

 

“Soo Young, are you waking up? Are you alright?”

 

Yuri’s voice was full of worries. She could hear it clearly. Soo Young was happy.

 

Yuri actually cared about her.

 

But she decided to make her worry further. Soo Young hatched her own little revenge.

 

“Ah, my chest hurts.”

 

“Huh? It hurts? Where?”

 

“Here.”

 

Soo Young placed her palm directly above her s. Yuri followed suit; she blushed at the soft touch of Soo Young’s skin.

 

“You drank too much.”

 

“I cannot drink too much. I have a weak liver.”

 

“Who asked you to drink that much?”

 

“It was your fault.”

 

Yuri was feeling guilty.  She went to pour Soo Young a glass of water. She then held Soo Young up gently before sitting beside her.

 

“Drink slowly.”

 

Soo Young loves the new Yuri. Her concerned eyes were just beautiful to look at. Soo Young has never felt so strongly towards anyone before. Yuri was her first and of course, she would be her last too.

 

“You care about me, right?”

 

Soo Young spoke up softly while drinking in between pauses.

 

“I don’t hate you.”

 

“But you don’t love me either.”

 

“Love is a strong word. I admit. I do like you but I’m not too sure if it’s love.”

 

“You were worried for me?”

 

“Of course, you drank so much.”

 

“Do you like girls who drink?”

 

“I’m not a good drinker myself.”

 

“Okay, I promise I won’t drink anymore.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“Because I want to be the best for you.”

 

Yuri then slowly looked up and Soo Young was staring deeply into her eyes.  She could see the sincerity in that girl’s eyes. Yuri wasn’t too sure how she should react but nevertheless her hands reached out for Soo Young’s cheeks.

 

“You don’t have to change so drastically. I just like the way you are.”

 

This time, Soo Young’s heart felt really warm. She knew she didn’t make a mistake for falling in love with Yuri. She made a promise to herself that she would never break Yuri’s heart.

 

“Let’s take one day at a time, okay?”

 

Soo Young agreed.

 

*

 

Sunny was holding Hyoyeon’s hands tightly.  She just couldn’t believe that she belongs to someone now. She belonged to Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon’s hand was warm and her skin was smooth. Their fingers fitted perfectly and Hyoyeon was holding on firm to Sunny’s hand. She didn’t say much but all the little things she did for example, tickling Sunny’s palm with her finger; rubbing Sunny’s palm when she realized her silly hunny’s hand was cold and that cute moment when Hyoyeon would just stare at Sunny’s hand for a second before pulling it up to her lips. She kissed the back of Sunny’s hand.

 

All those small gestures caused a fuzzy feeling deep down in her heart. She never thought Hyoyeon would be that romantic; she likes such small gestures.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“We just ate your place, remember?”

 

“Oh, that’s right. So shall I send you back to your room?”

 

“It’s a long walk back home.”

 

“Well, that’s my duty now.”

 

Hyoyeon was a little manly as compared to Sunny. She likes to take lead of situations and Sunny knew she would be in good hands.

 

“Let’s go, my love.”

 

Hyoyeon’s smile was shining brightly in Sunny’s eyes. She could see no one but her.

 

*

 

Krystal felt uneasy when Seohyun shrugged her off like that. She kept wondering if she had let a slip of her feelings for her while sleeping earlier on. Sulli was watching television when Krystal sat beside her. She sighed loudly.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

Sulli turned to her direction.

 

“Nothing much. I’m just not feeling the mood.”

 

“What mood? You’re always moody.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Sulli grinned before turning her attention back to the television. Krystal was staring at the screen but didn’t concentrate. Her mind was full of Seohyun.

 

“Krys, can I ask you something?”

 

Sulli spoke up again.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you in love with your tutor?”

 

“What?”

 

“I saw your diary on the sofa earlier on.”

 

“My diary? On the sofa?”

 

“Yeah, it was here. And it was opened.”

 

Krystal finally realized why Seohyun reacted weirdly. She must have read her diary earlier on.

 

“Krystal?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you like her?”

 

“I think I am.”

 

“Oh, is she okay with it?”

 

“I don’t know. I didn’t confess yet.”

 

“Well, if things don’t turn out the way you want it to be; I hope you’ll take it easy. Our examinations are coming.”

 

Sulli was reminding her but Krystal was more concerned with Seohyun. She must have read her diary.

 

“What am I supposed to do now?”

 

Krystal’s heart weakened.  She wasn’t too sure if she should try to explain to Seohyun. She took the diary from Sulli’s hand and started flipping the pages. Suddenly she came across a different handwritten note at the back of her diary. She was sure that was not her writing.

 

She recognised that handwriting – Seohyun.

 

*

Dear Krystal,

 

I’m sorry that I read your diary without your permission. It happened to fall off from the bed when I was trying to tuck you in bed. I didn’t mean to read it. But I had to.

 

I couldn’t decipher these feelings I have inside. I wasn’t too sure how to feel or react towards your unintended confession and I wasn’t too sure if I should do this; writing this note to you.

 

But I know I have to. We are adults now. You and me. So I guess we have to face up with whatever problems or obstacles that we might face in the future.

 

Honestly, love has never come across my mind. I mean, I’m so hung up on my studies that I don’t find any time for my own personal time. Truthfully, you’re my first tuition kid and I really enjoy my moments with you.

 

You’re smart. You don’t really need me but now I understand why you still wanted me to come over to teach you. Maybe I make you feel comfortable; maybe somehow like a good vibe and I honestly feel the same too.

 

Those words in your diary came to me as a shock. I was momentarily paralysed to the ground; I had so much feelings evoking at every corner of my heart but I chose to hide in seclusion. It’s not your fault, Krystal. You’re an amazing girl. And I love you as a sister.

 

I hope you won’t get upset with this note. I just want you to know that I’m still here. Give me some time to sort out my feelings. I’ll return when I know the truth behind this regretful feeling I’m having inside while writing this to you.

 

It’s like a nagging voice telling me not to be stupid but another voice is telling me that I should stay away from you for awhile to decide what I should do.

 

Let me figure out my feelings. I’ll return.

 

Next week is your examinations. Please do not let this pull you down. I promise you; I’ll call you on the day of your examinations. And you have to promise me that you’ll not give up and work hard for your end papers.

 

I wish you the best of luck, Krystal. I’m sorry for being a coward. But this is the best thing for me to do right now. Give me time to discover this irk feeling I’m having inside for leaving you like this.

 

I’m sorry and thank you for your understanding.

 

Yours truly,

Seohyun

 

*

 

Taeyeon was surprised when Jessica told her what happened earlier on.

 

“Yoona likes you too?”

 

“Yeah, you don’t have the slightest clue, baby?”

 

“Well, she’s nice to you. But she’s nice to everybody. I don’t really see any difference from the way she treats you and the other people.”

 

“Exactly, it came as a shock to me too. And I felt sorry for her.”

 

Taeyeon looked up and frowned. Jessica was minding her own business when she saw her baby’s distorted face.

 

“What’s with that glare?”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“If happens that Yoona confesses that she likes you too, will you still choose to be with me?”

 

Jessica scrutinized Taeyeon’s face carefully. She never thought Taeyeon has plentiful of jealousy feelings in her. She smiled widely.

 

“What’s with that smile?”

 

That smile annoyed Taeyeon.

 

“You don’t trust me or you don’t trust your best friend?”

 

“Love is a betrayal when it comes to a friend.”

 

“So you can betray Yoona for love?”

 

“I didn’t mean that. But Yoona is a definitely a better choice between me and her.”

 

Jessica was surprised to hear that. She never realized Taeyeon has inferior complexity.

 

“Why do you say that, baby? You’re amazing on your own.”

 

“I’m short. That’s my insecurities.”

 

“I’m a girl. Why do I need a girl who’s taller than me? You’re of the same height with me and I like that.”

 

“You’re few inches taller.”

 

“Nobody can see it.”

 

“Still!”

 

Jessica giggled.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re so cute sometimes. I love you because you’re one of a kind. I don’t really care about heights or anything. Taeyeon, you’re more than what you think you are and only the one who really cares for you can see that. I can see it.”

 

“You’re buttering me up.”

 

“Isn’t that good? I love Kim Taeyeon aka Kim Midget. Isn’t that good enough for security?”

 

“Jeshka Jung, don’t you ever dare to leave me.”

 

“I’ll never. Trust me.”

 

Jessica then pulled Taeyeon closer and hugged her tightly. Taeyeon opted to kiss her lightly on her forehead before kissing fully on her lips.

 

“I love you.”

 

*