Chapter 20 - (End)

Ignorant Brat

“Ow~~”

“Stop moving.”

“It hurts~”

“Who asked you to put your face in front of her fist?”

“She wanted to punch you again and again. I had to stop her!”

“You don’t have to do that, baby. I’m used to it.”

“But I’m not used to watch my girlfriend got beaten.”

Jessica sighed as she gently rolled the boiled egg over Taeyeon’s bruised lips. The midget was wincing in pain.

“You’re so silly, Kim Taeyeon.”

“Why?”

“Is it really worth protecting me?”

“I don’t care what other people say. You’re more worthy than my own life. I rather die than to watch you get hurt.”

Jessica looked on with a smile on her face.  She was injured herself; but watching Taeyeon got punched repeatedly in the face caused Jessica’s heart to cut and bleed itself. In fact, watching her friends getting involved to save her was heart-warming yet regretful. It wasn’t supposed to be like this.

“Hit her!”

Jungah gave the last instruction and all the other girls jumped on Jessica. She fell onto the floor instinctively; she cowered in defence; protecting her body from the blows but the beating stopped after someone shouted them to.

“Stop!”

Jessica recognised that voice – Kim Taeyeon.

“Leave her alone!”

“Who the hell are you?”

“I’m Taeyeon, her girlfriend.”

Jessica tried to get up on her feet but Jungah kicked her down. Taeyeon screamed at her.

“Don’t touch my girlfriend! What are you girls supposed to be? Hooligans?!”

Jessica saw Kahi stepping forward. She feared for Taeyeon’s life.

“Taeyeon, stop it~”

Jessica was pleading her.

“Jessica, are you alright?”

Taeyeon tried to run towards her but some of the girls blocked her way. They punched her in the face.

“Taeyeon!”

“Urgh..”

Taeyeon rolled her body in pain; Jessica could see blood oozing out from her girlfriend’s nose.

“You promised not to touch her!”

“She came to us. We didn’t do anything.”

“You !”

Jessica managed to get up on her feet and pushed Jungah aside. She rushed to Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon!”

“Jessica..”

“Why are you here? How did you know I’m here?”

“I followed you. I saw you with them and overheard your conversation with them. You’re planning to down like this without informing me?”

“I don’t want you to get involved.”

“But I’m your girlfriend.”

Taeyeon cupped Jessica’s cheeks with her palms.

“Your nose is bleeding.”

“Yours too.”

“Your eyes got bruises.”

“Taeyeon, you’re in a lot worse condition than I am.”

“Yeah, they’re really strong.”

“Of course they are, you silly dum dum!”

Kahi looked on as she watched Jessica staring loving at Taeyeon; examined her injuries carefully. She didn’t really care about her own predicament. Her condition was a lot worse than Taeyeon’s but she put the latter first.

“Let them go.”

“What?”

Jungah was stunned when Kahi said that.

“What? You don’t understand my words?”

“You still can swallow the lovely display of affections when your heart loves her whole-heartedly?”

“She cares for her.”

“And you?”

“She has never loved me in the first place.”

“Then you should take revenge!”

“Jungah!”

“I don’t care what you think! A rule is a rule!”

Jungah signalled the rest of the members and they surrounded Jessica and Taeyeon immediately. But not for long, Taeyeon’s back up team arrived. It was chaotic.

“Taeyeon!?”

“Who are these girls?!”

“Oh my god, your nose is bleeding!”

“Ah, heck! Hit them!”

It was a long night.

*

Krystal was lying in bed; she felt pain at her upper jaw. Someone hit her really hard. Well, she could avoid it but she was taking the blow on behalf of someone. She blocked Seohyun’s attacker way by running in between them.

“Ow.”

Krystal winced the moment morning sun rays hit her face.

“Are you alright?”

Krystal stopped her movements. She thought she was alone. She slowly turned to find Seohyun sitting beside her. She was holding on to a bowl of soup.

“Seohyun unnie?”

“Are you okay? Does it still hurt?”

Seohyun helped Krystal up and gently hoisted up against the back rest. She examined the bruise above Krystal’s jaw. The swelling has subsided.

“What are you doing here? Where’s Sulli?”

“Sulli’s asleep. I made you some soup to ease the pain.”

“Wait, what happened last night?”

Krystal’s head started throbbing so badly.  She tried to press her throbbing temples but Seohyun beat her to it. Seohyun gently pulled Krystal closer before sitting parallel to her. She then placed Krystal gently on the bed; with Krystal’s head resting comfortably on her lap.

Seohyun’s fingers then massaged in circular motions around Krystal’s temples. The younger girl looked on; with her eyebrows knitted together.

“Don’t do that. It will make your headache worse.”

“Am I dreaming?”

“No, why?”

“You’re here.”

“I have been here since last night.”

Krystal was running towards the girls. Fight ensued and Taeyeon’s back up team was losing. They were not originally gangsters and of course they would easily get beaten up. Only Yoona and Yuri managed to keep themselves from harm. But they couldn’t do much; they had to protect their other halves too.

Krystal looked around; Sulli was already helping Hyoyeon and Sunny. Suddenly she saw Seohyun on the ground; a girl was already swinging her fist forward at a very fast motion; Krystal ran towards her.

“Seohyun unnie!”

Krystal put herself in between Seohyun and the attacker. The fist reached Krystal’s face instead. Seohyun was horrified.

“Krystal!”

Krystal’s nose bled instantly. The girl looked pale and she grew limp in Seohyun’s embrace. It incurred Seohyun’s wrath so the girl got up and punched the out of her attacker. That was the first time Seohyun ever resorted to violence.

Watching Krystal got injured because of her was heart-breaking enough for her to endure. So she retaliated by hitting her attacker instead; she wasn’t thinking anymore.

“Krystal!”

She rushed back to the poor girl. She then slowly lifted Krystal in her arms and put her away to safety.

“You silly girl! Are you alright?!”

“Unnie...”

“Why did you do that?”

“I have to keep you from safety...”

“You’re bleeding!”

Krystal smiled weakly.

“Are you alright?”

“Of course I am!”

Krystal nodded before closing her eyes.

“You’re not going to die, right?”

“I’m tired, unnie. That hit me really hard. I’m having headache.”

“Okay, you rest here. I’ll help the others.”

“Get Sulli.”

Seohyun looked around and saw Sulli sprawling on the floor. She went to the girl’s rescue before dragging her to safety.

She implored Sulli to stay with Krystal.

“Stay here.”

“Unnie..”

“Krystal, rest. Sulli, don’t go anyway just stay here until the police comes.”

“Unnie..”

Krystal grabbed Seohyun’s hand tightly.

“Be safe.”

“I will.”

*

“Seohyun’s with Krystal. Jessica is with me. You’re taking care of Tiffany and Soo Young’s legs were aching like mad so Yuri had to carry her around.”

Taeyeon was on the phone with Yoona who was checking on the rest of the girls. Last night was a huge fight. Yoona had to fight off all the girls because her friends just were the easiest match for them. Yuri was by her side; only these two girls managed to escape unharmed.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Jessica’s injuries were much worse than mine.”

“You need the doctor?”

“We’ll go later. Is Tiffany okay?”

“She’s fine. Her nose isn’t swelling anymore.”

“Is her nose broken?”

“No, she’s fine.”

“I couldn’t believe she took that hard punch for you.”

“Yeah, and she wasn’t someone to be trifled with. The other girl just concussed after that hard kick.”

Yoona was stunned when Tiffany blew her top and kicked the out of someone after that person whacked Yoona with a broom stick on her back.

“Tiffany!”

Yoona kicked the girl away and pulled her girlfriend up. She was pushed down. Yoona hugged her tightly.

“Yoonaa..”

“Don’t be scared. Stay with me.”

Yoona held Tiffany’s hand tightly and they tried to escape. Yuri, Soo Young, Jessica and Taeyeon were already running ahead from them. Seohyun had already got the rest of the girls to safety including Sunny and Hyoyeon.

But Yoona didn’t get far. Jungah managed to strike her hard on the back with the broomstick. Tiffany was shocked when Yoona screamed out in pain.

“WHY YOU!”

Tiffany just turned around and in a fit of anger, she kicked Jungah. She then jumped on the girl and slapped her on the face again and again.

“Tiffany~”

“Nobody hurt my girlfriend!”

“Fany, I’m okay! You’ll kill the girl!”

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Yoona had a hard time trying to pull Tiffany away.

*

“Baby?”

Yoona turned to find Tiffany waking up from her sleep. She rushed to the girl.

“Are you okay, Fany?”

“What happened?”

“Did you know you almost killed someone?”

Tiffany’s eyes grew larger.

“What?”

Yoona grinned.

“You’re so protective of me.”

“Of course! You’re my girlfriend!”

“I’m supposed to protect you; not the other way round.”

Tiffany smiled.

“It doesn’t matter who save who. I just want you to be safe and sound, baby.”

Yoona nodded and leaned closer to give a soft kiss on her lips.

“Ow.”

“Oops, I’ll be careful.”

“No it’s okay. Let’s continue.”

Yoona nodded and pushed Tiffany down to the bed. Her aching back miraculously disappeared while satisfying her girlfriend’s pleasure.

*

Hyoyeon looked on as Sunny was dressing her wound on her shin. The girl was careful to put the medication on before wrapping it with a bandage. Hyoyeon was staring intently at Sunny’s face. Her facial expressions were indescribable. It was evident Sunny was concerned.

“What’s wrong?”

Hyoyeon awakened from her daydream. Sunny was looking at her now.

“Huh?”

“You were staring at me.”

“Oh, I’m just moved.”

“Why?”

Hyoyeon moved her leg away. She then dragged herself closer to Sunny. She held the girl’s hands.

“I told you I was confused, right?”

“Yes, that topic came up.”

“Don’t get me wrong, Sunny. I just wanted to make sure of my feelings.”

“I know.”

“No, Sunny. You must not misunderstand me. I really really like you.  I was sincere when I wanted to start a relationship with you.”

Sunny looked up.

“You see, I have a bad experience with my previous ex. She left me because she wanted to return to Seoul. She just left behind without saying goodbye.”

Sunny listened attentively.

“So my defence mechanism immediately came up. The walls around my heart just doubled up and I was worried that one day it might hurt you.”

“Is this your decision?”

“Sunny, you’re different. You gave love unconditional and you’ve never asked for anything in return. My heartstrings were tugging at every emotions and I know distinctively that you are definitely different from the rest.”

“From the rest?”

“Yes, from all the girls that I’ve know.”

Sunny smiled and then leaned closer. She gave Hyoyeon a soft kiss on her lips. Hyoyeon was captivated by that.

“I’m not sure if this kiss will suffice my feelings for you inside. I mean, I lov-e...”

Hyoyeon stopped her. She just abruptly placed her lips on Sunny’s. She was surprised.

“I’m telling you now. I don’t have any qualms about us anymore. After what happened last night, it just proved to me that if I ever let you go, I’m the stupidest woman on earth.

Hyoyeon stood the ground as she watched her friends being pushed down to the ground. Suddenly she saw Sunny. She ran towards her.

“Sunny!”

Sunny turned to find Hyoyeon running towards her. Suddenly someone was about to attack Hyoyeon from behind. She ran towards Hyoyeon and turned her around. Hyoyeon was horrified when Sunny got whacked from her back.

“Sunny!”

Sunny fell into her arms. She smiled weakly.

“Hang on, okay?”

Hyoyeon lifted Sunny up and put her over her shoulder. She ran to safety; and put Sunny down. She placed the girl comfortably on her lap.

“Sunny, are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Are you okay?”

“I’m ok. I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

“You’re injured while saving me.”

“Don’t be silly. You’re my girlfriend.”

“Sunny....”

“I’ll just wait for your decision.”

Hyoyeon was dying inside.

*

“Seohyun?”

“Krystal wanted to visit you. So I brought her along.”

Krystal was standing closely beside Seohyun. The girl was leaning her weight onto Seohyun who protectively wrapped her arms around her waist. Jessica was watching them.

“Here, sit down.”

Seohyun carefully placed Krystal on the sofa. Taeyeon sat down beside Krystal.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, just headache.”

“I brought her to the doctor. She needs rest.”

Seohyun quipped in. Jessica looked at Seohyun and then turned to Krystal.

“Unnie, I’m thirsty.”

“I’ll get it.”

“But..”

“You and Taeyeon unnie are injured as well. I’ll get some drinks for all of you.”

Seohyun left the dorm and Jessica turned to Krystal.

“What’s going on between the two of you?”

Krystal smiled widely.

“Unnie, I love her.”

“What?”

“And I indirectly confessed to her.”

“She agreed?”

Taeyeon was surprised when Krystal nodded her head.

“Seohyun’s gay?”

Jessica was trying to register that.

“It took me this punch in the face to make her realize her feelings for me.”

“You’re happy about that?”

“Unnie, she treats me so well. But of course she nags. I don’t mind though. She takes good care of me now.”

Jessica chuckled softly.

“You’re not only gain good grades; you nailed the teacher too.”

Krystal giggled.

“At least I love her.”

“Seohyun’s quite difficult though.”

Taeyeon was still sceptical about Seohyun.

“Don’t worry. I can be difficult too. We shall see who prevails.”

Krystal gave a quick high-five with Jessica; Taeyeon rolled her eyes. The two sisters are just the same species.

They just adored making others’ lives difficult.

*

“My sister said you have to take good care of me.”

Krystal was talking when Seohyun carried her on her back.  The girl conveniently wrapped her arms around Seohyun’s neck.

“Stop moving. You’re quite heavy.”

Krystal grinned.

“Do you love me, unnie?”

Krystal whispered softly.

“Of course I do. It took me awhile but now I know I love you.”

“I can be difficult though.”

“Well, I’m very rigid. We can both just be difficult with one another.”

“Ah, that’s interesting. I think we will piss each other off.”

Seohyun giggled softly.

“I love you, Krystal.”

“I love you too.”

*

Hyoyeon was helping Sunny to prepare for dinner. Seohyun was coming over with Krystal. They know Krystal now belongs to Seohyun.

“Hurry up, baby. They’re reaching soon.”

“I’m trying~!”

Suddenly the bell rang. Sunny quickly pushed Hyoyeon out of the kitchen.

“I thought you asked me to cut the potatoes?”

“I’ll do it. I’ll put them onto the grill. You open the door and help Seohyun with Krystal.”

“Aye captain!”

But the person at the door wasn’t Seohyun and Krystal but her ex girlfriend – Min.

“MIN?!”

“BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!”

“Aish~”

Hyoyeon’s nightmare has begun.

*

Yuri and Soo Young were facing Boa. Yuri got injured while trying to save Soo Young from getting hurt further. She injured her back.

“What did you do to my sister?”

Soo Young turned to look at Yuri before turning back to Boa.

“I’m sorry. I know I’m supposed to protect her but you know I’m hopeless.”

“Unnie, it’s not her fault.”

“Shh. You sit still. I’ll talk to you later. Why did you let her get involved then?”

“They wanted to save Jessica.”

“But you could stop her.”

“Unnie~!”

Yuri didn’t want Boa to go further but Boa was determined.

“I’m sorry but your sister is not that kind of person. She will help her friends no matter how difficult it could get. I’m not going to stop her. I know it was dangerous but I couldn’t just sit around and do nothing. Jessica’s my friend too.”

Soo Young remained firm despite her shaky hands. Yuri was holding on to them tightly. Boa looked at them intently before her lips broke into a slight grin. The two girls were confused.

“What?”

“That’s really touching. Soo Young, you really like my sister a lot.”

“Heh?”

“You even know my sister’s personality.”

“Of course, Boa unnie. I love her.”

Soo Young was affirmative with her replies.

“I know. I was just testing you.  You were such a player back then. You do remember Lee Hyori, right?”

Of course she did. That was her senior whom she dated before. She broke that senior’s heart.

“I’ll never treat Yuri like how I did with my previous relationships.”

“You better not. I will skin you alive personally.”

Soo Young grinned but cowered in fear. Boa has a certain authoritative power over the juniors. Boa then turned to Yuri. She stared at her sister.

“What?”

“Were you trying to be heroine?”

“Unnie, you know me, right?”

“Yes but those girls are not people to be trifled with.”

“We called police beforehand!”

“STILL!”

Yuri knew her sister was worried about her.

“Fine, fine. I promise I won’t do it again, okay?”

“You better not. I’ll tell Mom if you do!”

“NO~ Mom will kill me!”

“So you promise?”

“Fine!”

Soo Young pulled Yuri closer. She hugged the girl tenderly; Yuri melted in her arms. Boa was amused.

“I remember you said you hated her. Now I’m watching you melting in each other’s arms.”

Yuri’s face blushed immediately and Soo Young didn’t help her at all.

“That’s why she’s caught in my web!”

Soo Young grinned widely.

*

Jessica was feeding Taeyeon with porridge. Jessica was still worried with Taeyeon’s injuries. The girlfriend was still feeling the pain.

“Don’t move.”

“Jeshka, you’re treating me like a baby!”

“You’re confined to the bed and the chair only until your injuries heal.”

“I’ll be fine~~”

“Baby, I love you so much. I’m not going to be involved in such stupid gangs anymore.”

“It’s alright. We all learn from our mistakes.”

“Why are you so forgiving?”

Taeyeon smiled before sticking her tongue out.

“I love you. And I want to love you for the rest of my life. I’ve already told Yoona that you’d be my only and the last girlfriend. I don’t want anyone else but you.”

Jessica pulled Taeyeon closer and hugged her tightly.

“I love you too, baby. Thank you for coming into my life. I’ll always stay by your side.”

The goofy Taeyeon smiled sheepishly but that soon disappeared when she was reminded of Kahi. She frowned. Her jealous instinct kicked in.

“You like Kahi before?”

“We’re not going there again.”

“You have too many girls who have history with you!”

“It’s only Kahi!”

“Yoona too!”

“We didn’t even start!”

“It doesn’t matter! You’re too beautiful that I’m threatened all the time!”

Jessica was exasperated. Her girlfriend’s jealousy was just crazy.

“You’re such a brat, you know, Kim Taeyeon!”

The midget couldn’t care less. She’s just possessive like that.

*

“Urgh.”

“What?”

“Stop doing that~”

“Whyy?”

“You’re !”

“Hee.”

“Wipe that smirk off your face!”

“But you’re enjoying it. Your body is responding to me.”

There was a soft moan from the one underneath.

“Im Yoona, why are you so good in bed?”

“I learn from you.”

“Don’t you dare stop half-way!”

“Just lie back and relax. When you , scream my name.”

“Damn you, ignorant brat!”

Yoona pushed the right buttons and Tiffany was slowly melting under her.

Love is indeed perfection.

*

“Yuri ahhH~”

“Yeah?”

“I need toilet paper!”

“I just put in a whole roll of it!”

“I’ve a major constipation!”

“Gosh, I’m not going into the bathroom for the next few hours.”

“Don’t be so mean! And give me the toilet paper quick!”

“Fine, fine. I’m coming.”

The door was opened slightly but the stink bomb was ultimatum.

“Dear God, what did you eat, baby?!”

Yuri pinched her nose quickly.

“I ate your sister’s kimchi!”

“How much did you eat?!”

“One tub?”

“Are you kidding me?!”

“She gave us one tub, remember?”

“That’s meant for a month’s consumption. You just took a whole month’s worth of kimchi?!”

“I’m a shikshin!”

“URGHHH! You’ll be the death of me, Choi Soo Young!”

“So does that mean we have no more of kimchi?”

“You think?!”

Soo Young kept silent for a brief moment.

“Baby!”

“What now?”

“Do you think Boa unnie will kill us if I ask for another tub of kimchi?”

“ARGHH! YOU IGNORANT BRAT!”

This couple and their never-ending arguments – but that’s what makes the relationship perfect. Their dynamics equates everything and that just deepen their love for each other.

“I love you!”

“Shut up!”

Well, almost.

*

“Okay wait. You’re calling me baby not because you still have feelings for me but because you’re too caught up with the American culture?”

“Kim Hyoyeon, everyone calls everyone baby in America.”

“But this is Seoul! Baby could mean something!”

“Whatever. You’re just stupid sometimes.”

“ISH!”

Hyoyeon tried to knuckle Min on her forehead but Min ran behind her girlfriend instead. Min returned to Seoul to visit Hyoyeon. She didn’t have the intention to get back with Hyoyeon. She even brought her girlfriend, Suzy along with her.

“I’m sorry, Min. She can get silly sometimes.”

Sunny was amused.

“Sunny, you have to beware of her. She will try to make you confused if she knows she’s losing.”

Min dished out the bad about Hyoyeon.

“Shut up! I think she can figure it out herself.”

“Luckily your girlfriend is smarter this time.”

“What?!”

“I got fooled by you all the time!”

“So you’re saying you’re stupid?”

“Well, if I’m stupid, you’re too. People used to say we were compatible.”

“Right, then you took off and left me behind.”

Hyoyeon gave Min the sad face but it didn’t work on the girl. She smacked her forehead.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

“So stop being so mean to me!”

“Who’s the mean one! And why are you eating all the sweet potatoes?!”

“Suzy was peeling it!”

“Err, she wanted to eat them.”

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes but Sunny mediated between the two. Sunny was tickled by Hyoyeon’s crazy antics; well she knew Hyoyeon was different right from the very start.

Seohyun decided to return to Krystal’s place first before heading home. So Hyoyeon ended having a feast at home with Sunny and her uninvited guest – Min with her beautiful girlfriend, Suzy.

“So, have you two slept with each other yet?”

Hyoyeon choked instantly.

“What?!”

“Oh, you mean you haven’t?”

“Oh my god! Why are you back here?!”

“Hey! I miss you that’s why I’m back!”

Sunny was going crazy with her girlfriend and her ex girlfriend.

“Sunny, she’s an ignorant brat. When you two have , you have to lead her on.”

“O.O”

“HEY! STOP TEACHING MY GIRLFRIEND STUPID THINGS!”

“YOU IGNORANT BRAT! I HAVE TO LET HER KNOW! YOU WERE JUST HOPELESS WHEN WE WERE TOGETHER!”

Sunny was greatly amused right now and Suzy was just feeling awkward.

Ignorant brat or not, Hyoyeon has become her favourite person in the world.

*

“You failed your History?!”

“I hate that subject.”

“But I taught you to remember the facts in the most efficient manner!”

“At least I passed the main core subjects.”

Krystal slyly stuck her tongue out. Seohyun was furious.

“But this failure mark has just pulled your average marks down.”

“Baby, I can still go to a university.”

Krystal was enjoying this. Taeyeon was right. Seohyun was super rigid.

“Fine then. You’re lucky to get such results.”

“Hey, I studied okay!”

“Fine, fine, you’re my smart baby.”

Seohyun grinned widely.

“And you’re my ignorant brat.”

“What?”

“Don’t you realize what’s around your wrist?”

Krystal glanced down. She saw a bracelet. Then she looked up; Seohyun was waving hers.

“I bought these for us.”

“Why?”

“To mark our love together.”

Krystal was touched. Seohyun was the perfect girlfriend.

“Baby?”

“Hm?”

“Then can I be your only ignorant brat in your lifetime?”

Krystal was hopeful and Seohyun nodded.

“Of course. I’ll never leave you.”

Krystal beamed with happiness.

*