Chapter 15 - The Trouble Begins

Ignorant Brat

Hyoyeon sent Sunny back to their dorm after eating. Her heart was pumping rapidly. Sunny was walking closely beside her. The girl was smiling as well. Suddenly Hyoyeon looked up. The moon was extremely beautiful tonight.

“Wow, look at the moon!”

Hyoyeon was pointing at it and Sunny looked up. She nodded.

“That’s really nice.”

“Yeah, it’s the full moon! There will be werewolves!”

“You believe in that, Hyoyeon?”

Hyoyeon grinned widely.

“Sometimes it’s easier to believe in it than to think so much about whether it is true or not. I prefer to believe in it for entertainment purpose.  And the werewolves in the movies are normally good looking and they have pretty girls as their victims.”

Hyoyeon winked at Sunny. She was taken by surprise and Sunny felt something in her heart. She knew she has fallen deeply for Hyoyeon.  Hyoyeon was extremely charming in her own ways.

“Sunny ah.”

Sunny turned to look at Hyoyeon.

“Yes?”

“Have you ever been in love?”

“Yes I have.”

“What type of girls do you like?”

Sunny was trying hard not to make it obvious.  But she pondered for a little while before turning to Hyoyeon.

“I don’t have any preference. If the heart falls for that person, it usually loves the person for who she is.”

“Ah, so it’s easy to fall in love with you.”

“I’m not too sure about that.”

Hyoyeon smiled.

“Well I think it is.”

Sunny looked up.

“I have bad experiences in the past. Many girls broke my hearts and sometimes I find it a chore to be in love again.”

Sunny’s heart broke slightly.

“I have been single for almost 4 years now. I don’t find the need to have a girlfriend.”

“You’re not lonely?”

“No, I just cannot find the one I really like.”

“Do you have high standards for your partner?”

“Nope, I’m just like you but I just cannot find one that can click with me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I need someone who can click with me. Actually I need someone like you.”

Sunny quickly looked up and Hyoyeon was smiling widely at her.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m really comfortable with you. You’re so easy to love. I just feel like I could do anything when you’re close to me. I’m not sure if you feel the same but I really like you a lot.”

Hyoyeon’s confession was short and sweet. Sunny likes that.  Hyoyeon was definitely the kind of girl Sunny likes.

“I like you too.”

Hyoyeon’s eyes grew larger.

“I’m so glad that you feel the same way too.”

Hyoyeon blushed.

“So, we are girlfriends for real?”

“I’ve already taken you as my girlfriend.”

“Oh. So I can call you baby?”

Sunny giggled. Hyoyeon was extremely cute like that.

“Of course you can.”

“So, Sunny Baby? Or Sunny Bunny?”

Sunny stared blankly.

“That’s so cheesy!”

“But it’s cute!”

“Don’t call me like that!”

“Sunny Bunny! Sunny Bunny!”

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Sunny ran after Hyoyeon. She just realized the other side of Hyoyeon today.

Her Hyoyeon was just so playful.

*

“Soo Young ah, you drank too much.”

“I need more shots!”

“You’ll die if you drink so more.”

“Oppa, if you’re my friend, you’ll let me drink.”

“I’m your friend. That’s why I’m advising you not to drink anymore.”

Soo Young was obviously drunk. And Eunhyuk was serious not giving her anymore drinks. He got some of his colleagues to hold on to Soo Young while he took her phone.  He called the last dialled number. Someone answered.

“Hi, I’m Eunhyuk. Soo Young’s very drunk now. Do you think you can pick her up?”

“She’s drunk? Where is she?”

“I’ll send you the address via message. Are you able to come?”

“Sure, I’ll come now.”

“Thanks.”

He then turned to his colleagues.

“How?”

“Just put her there at the sofa. Her friend is coming to pick her up.”

“Make sure you don’t give her anymore drinks.”

“Don’t worry; I won’t.”

Eunhyuk went back to work but kept an eye on Soo Young all the time. Her phone was with him. Half an hour later, someone called and he answered immediately.

“I’m already here.”

“You can meet me at the bar counter on the 2nd floor. She’s with me.”

“Okay.”

Eunhyuk then walked over to Soo Young and held on to her. Soo Young was still mumbling to herself. Suddenly a girl appeared before them.

“Hi, I’m Yuri. You called me earlier on.”

“Oh, okay. She’s drunk. I suggest you bring her home.”

“I will. Thanks.”

Yuri took Soo Young’s arm and put over her neck. She then held Soo Young’s waist and her bag as well. Eunhyuk helped her to bring Soo Young over to her car.

“Thanks a lot for calling.”

“Not a problem. Have a safe trip home.”

“Okay, I will.”

Yuri drove off.  She wasn’t too sure where she should take Soo Young to so she decided to head back to her dorm. She called Taeyeon.

“Tae, are you in the room?”

“No, I’m with Jessica.”

“Oh, my friend’s drunk.  Can you stay over with her tonight?”

“Huh? But Yoona will be here.”

“Oh that’s right.”

“It’s okay, you can use my bed. Just pull out the extra mattress behind my bed. I’ll sleep on the floor.”

“OH. Then it’s alright. I’ll sleep on the floor. Just don’t step on me when you get home.”

“Fine. I’ll see you later.”

“Okay.”

Yuri then hung up and put her phone back into her pocket. Soo Young was already sleeping. Yuri took a quick glance and wondered why she drank so much. Of course she knew it was partly her fault because she rejected Soo Young earlier on.

She suddenly felt responsible for Soo Young when the bartender called earlier on.  Well, there was another thing that made Yuri rushed to where Soo Young was.

She was worried. She was really worried for her. She has never felt so anxious towards someone before.  And she knew this was not something that simple. She knew she has feelings for Soo Young.

It took her awhile to realize that.

“I’m sorry, Soo Young. I was so stupid. Forgive me.”

Yuri mumbled softly.

*

 Krystal finally woke up after an hour of sleep. She sat up immediately and then frowned.  She realized she was in her bedroom; on her bed. She thought she was sitting at the study table with Seohyun.

“You’re awake?”

Krystal quickly turned to find Sulli smiling at her.

“What?”

“I cannot believe that you were actually sleeping during your tuition.”

“Where’s she?”

“Who?”

“My tutor.”

“She went home after putting you to bed and cooked you dinner.”

“She what?”

“No correction. She cooked us dinner.”

“You asked her to?!”

“No! She was cooking when I got home. I was surprised to find a lady with an apron at your study table. Out of nowhere, there was this portable stove and she was stirring porridge in it. I thought I saw ghost.”

Krystal rolled her eyes at Sulli.

“Anyway she told me to remind you to call her when you’re awake. And go have your dinner before you call her. I’m going to the grocery shop. Do you want anything?”

“No, it’s okay.”

“Okay good. I’m leaving now.”

“Wait, have you eaten?”

“I ate with her.”

“You what?!”

“I ate with your tutor. She offered me a bowl.”

Krystal was already getting out of bed and Sulli was grinning widely.

“Is she your girlfriend?”

“What?!”

“She cooks for you. She cleans the dorm for you. She even washes your clothes for you. She cannot just be your tutor only. You must be really charming.”

Sulli went out after the short tease and Krystal was staring at the bowl of porridge in front of her.  She wondered why Seohyun was nice to her. Krystal was already confused with her own feelings and now she was even more puzzled with Seohyun’s kindness towards her.

Nevertheless she grabbed her phone and called Seohyun immediately. The girl answered.

“Hi Krystal, you’re awake?”

“I’m sorry. Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You were soundly asleep. I didn’t want to wake you up. You must be hungry now. I cooked you some porridge.”

“Thanks Unnie.”

“It’s okay. Remember to eat it. Oh by the way, I’m going home for a week. I’ll call you when I’m back.”

“Huh? You’re leaving?”

“Nah, I needed a short break. I’ll call you.”

Seohyun hung up immediately and Krystal was perplexed. Seohyun sounded like she was avoiding Krystal. In fact, she seemed to be rushing through her words.  Her exams were just around the corner and Seohyun decided to leave.

“Did I subconsciously say something that I shouldn’t?”

*

“TIFFANY!?”

Taeyeon was stunned to find Tiffany with Yoona.  Jessica rushed to the door and they had a staring game for the longest time. Tiffany finally realized Yoona was in love with Jessica.  Yoona was the one who still confused with the situation at the moment.

“What’s wrong? You know her?”

Yoona asked Taeyeon.

“Yeah, she’s Jessica’s best friend.”

Yoona was stunned.

*

“How did you meet her?”

Jessica asked.

“I saw her at the mall.”

“So she was the one who got your heart pumping really fast?”

“Yeah, I didn’t realize she’s your roommate.”

“Yeah she is.”

Yoona was with Taeyeon. She needed the washroom and Taeyeon offered to help her. So Tiffany and Jessica sat on the bed; waiting for the two girls. Jessica was still stunned with the fact that Yoona likes her.

“You know she likes you?”

Tiffany seemed to be able to read her mind.

“Just 5 minutes ago.”

“You didn’t have any idea that she likes you?”

“No, she doesn’t really say anything. Wait, are you two together now?”

“Yes, we are.”

“Okay, that’s nice to know.”

“Are you okay with it?”

Jessica turned to look at Tiffany.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m just worried.”

“Worried about?”

“That Yoona might leave me eventually.”

“Are you suggesting that I might steal Yoona from you?”

“I didn’t mean that.”

“You don’t have to worry about anything. I love Taeyeon.”

“Yes, but Yoona loves you. And this is going to be even worse that you’re my best friend whom my girlfriend had a crush on.”

Tiffany was really scared and Jessica was bewildered with Tiffany. But Tiffany was right. It could be complicated. To make things worse, Taeyeon is Yoona’s best buddy.

“Should I be worried, Jessica?”

“You don’t have to.”

But no matter how much Jessica assured Tiffany, that girl was still feeling jittery.

*

Meanwhile Yoona was still confused.

“Jessica is Tiffany’s best friend?”

“Yeah, I met her before.”

“You did?”

“Wait, are you with Tiffany now?”

“Yeah, I kinda like her.”

“That’s fantastic! Now we can double date!”

“Huh? We?”

“Hello, you forgot huh?”

“What?”

“Jessica’s my girlfriend.”

Yoona finally realized the complication of the relationship.

“That’s right.”

“Yeah, since you’re my best friend too, we should just double date!”

But Yoona wasn’t too sure if they should.

This is so messy.

Yoona was baffled.

*