Awaken

All Over Again

The next day Kyuhyun was bored to death during a meeting in his office, he was listening to his father who is the Chairman of the company explaining something about the new project they were going to start. He was physically in the meeting room but his mind wondered off somewhere else imagining how life would be like now if he and Ryeowook did not get into that accident, how good life would be like. Coming home to see Ryeowook at home preparing dinner for him, how Ryeowook would comfort him during tough days and sharing his happiness with the one he love the most.  Kyuhyun's imagination was then interrupted by his father's loud fake cough.

"Mr Cho! Do you think this year would be a good time to start this new project of ours?" Kyuhyun was startled by his father's question he has not been listening and was completely clueless what the project was about. Well thankfully for him Siwon was there to save his .

"I think this year is the perfect year! We should start right away Chairman." Siwon quickly informed his father confidently. Kyuhyun turned his head towards Siwon and mouthed "Thank you" to his brother, Siwon just smiled to his brother in response. The meeting soon ended and everyone left the room except the two brothers and their father.

"Kyuhyun, I know you were thinking about Ryeowook just now. I understand that you wish everything was different but would you please not think about him during the meeting. You are my son. Everyone expects the best from you, same goes for you too Siwon-ah." The two brothers just bowed their heads in apology towards their father before he walked out of the meeting room leaving the brothers.

"Thanks for saving my hyung! By the way you need to tell me everything about the meeting now because-" Kyuhyun was cut off when he could feel his phone vibrating in his pants pocket. He fished the vibrating phone put and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Cho Kyuhyun-ssi? I'm calling from Seoul University Hospital regarding your husband Cho Ryeowook." The female voice on the other line was calm and composed.

"Yes this is Cho Kyuhyun. Is there anything wrong?" Kyuhyun heart was beating so fast, he was scared of what the lady was going to say to him. What if it's something bad? He is not ready for anything bad to happen to the love of his life.

"No, nothing is wrong. In fact I want to inform you that your husband woke up a few minutes ago, the doctor is examining him now. Are you able to come to the hospital now?"

"Now? Okay sure yes. I will be there right away!" Kyuhyun answered the lady and hung up. "HYUNG! RYEOWOOK IS AWAKE!!! MY BABY IS AWAKE HYUNG!!!!" He informed confused Siwon while holding both his shoulders shaking him. Siwon smiled widely after registering the happy news but before he could say anything Kyuhyun already dashed out from the meeting room leaving him chuckling alone. Kyuhyun drove so fast to the hospital he reached there within minutes, he ran to Ryeowook's room and barged inside. He saw the doctor and a few nurses surrounding Ryeowook's bed, he walked closer towards the bed, heart racing from the running and the excitement to finally see the love of his life awake once again after 9 months. The doctor and nurses turned around to see smiling Kyuhyun, however Kyuhyun frowned when he noticed their worried faces but he just ignored them and went straight to his husband's bedside.

"Wookie baby. You are finally awake, how have you been? Do you miss me? I miss you so much baby." He spoke softly to Ryeowook caressing the latter's cheek his fringe not realising the tears flowing out of his eyes.

"Who? Who are you? I'm sorry I don't know you. Are we close friends? I don't remember anything." Ryeowook frowned not being able to recognise the now stranger caressing his cheeks. Kyuhyun's heart immediately dropped when he heard Ryeowook, everything came crashing down to him and he was speechless. The doctor then ushered him out of the room to explain everything to him.

"It seems that your husband is suffering from dementia. We are not sure if its temporary or not but we are waiting for his scan result to confirm it. Hopefully it is temporary as temporary dementia is common for patients like him as his body went through too much trauma during the accident." The doctor explained calmly to Kyuhyun who is still in dazed and then left the latter after patting his shoulder. Kyuhyun the silently walked back inside Ryeowook's room and sad by his bedside with a fake smile carved of his face.

"It seems you will not remember me for quite sometimes but for now let me introduce myself. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, I'm your husband." Kyuhyun looked up to see Ryeowook's blank expression.

"I-I'm married?"

"Yeah you are married to me. We got married but the accident happened when we were on the way to the airport for our honeymoon. You were in a coma for about nine months now." Kyuhyun calmly explained. Then he remembered Ryeowook's wedding ring that he put on a necklace around his neck. He took it out and showed to Ryeowook. "See this is your wedding ring and this is mine," putting up his left hand to show Ryeowook his own wedding ring. "Do you want me to put it on your finger? "

"Erm..Can I put it on when I can remember you? Right now I'm really confused...I don't remember anything. I'm sorry Kyuhyun-ssi" Kyuhyun looked down in disappointment at Ryeowook's respond but he calmed himself down and looked up smiling at Ryeowook.

"Don't worry, I assume you want to be married to someone you know. It's okay then I will put it around my neck for now." He reassured Ryeowook with a smile.

A week later Ryeowook was allowed to be discharged. He still did not regain any memories, he couldn't even remember his parents although the doctor said his dementia should be temporary as he did not find any brain damage in the scan. Everyone is still doubtful and worries that Ryeowook may not remember anything anymore. After much discussion Ryeowook's parents decided to bring his home instead of letting him stay wth Kyuhyun at their house. They hope that maybe the familiar environment of the house where he grew up in would be able to make him remember. Everyday after work Kyuhyun would come and visit Ryeowook, have dinner together with the Kims. He would also bring a momento from their relationship each day to show to Ryeowook and maybe just maybe Ryeowook would magically remember everything again. However so far all their efforts show no positive result.

One night when Kyuhyun just arrived at the Kim's house, a tired looking Mrs Kim greeted him at the door.

"Eomma, do you mind if I ask? Why do you look so troubled and tired? Is anything wrong? Do you want me to help with anything?" Kyuhyun tried asking his mother-in-law politely not trying to sound rude or anything. Kyuhyun is already like a son to Mrs Kim, Kyuhyun was Ryeowook's childhood friends and they were neighbours before Kyuhyun's family move away to another street but their house are still close to each other and the two boys would always play together. Mrs Kim sighs before answering his son-in-law

"Kyu, its just that I've not been getting much sleep nowadays. Wookie has been waking up screaming in the middle of the night since he got back from the hospital. I think he's been having nightmare about the accident. Everytime I ran into his room he would be sweating and shaking, I would hug him and he hugged me back so tightly like his life depends on it." Mrs Kim paused with another sigh, "I talked to his doctor about it the other day and he told me not to worry because it was common. Everything that's happening to Wookie is common to him and he does nothing to help my son Kyu-ah..." Mrs Kim started sobbing and Kyuhyun teared up listening to her, he composed himself and tried to comfort his sobbing mother-in-law.

"Eomma, do you mind if I sleep here tonight? I will be there for Ryeowook tonight and maybe I will find a way to talk to him. I also think you don't have to worry so much about the nightmares because I also had those nightmares for a month after I was discharged. The nightmares stopped when I told Siwon hyung about it though. Maybe I will just ask him to tell me about the nightmares..." Mrs Kim just nod in agreement and let Kyuhyun stay for the night, he then asked Kyuhyun to go upstairs as Ryeowook was already waiting for him and she also had to finish preparing dinner before Mr Kim come back from work.

"Hey Kyu! You are a little late today, but anyway what did you bring today? I was just looking through another collection of our childhood photo eomma gave me this morning. I can't believe I was so fat last time but you looked so cute last time."

"I looked cute last time? What do you mean last time? You mean I'm not cute anymore?" Kyuhyun asked Ryeowook with a smirk as he seat on Ryeowook's bed beside the latter. Ryeowook just hit Kyuhyun's chest playfully and Kyuhyun hold his hand before he could let go and hold it tight close to his heart. The two stared at each other lovingly, Ryeowook could feel Kyuhyun's heartbeat speeding up and he could feel his own heartbeat racing. He pulled his hand and looked away to hide his blush. Kyuhyun on the other hand smiled widely seeing how Ryeowook blushed and he could also feel his own heart beating so fast. He faked a cough to prevent any awkwardness filling the room.

"So anyway, I brought you this today." Kyuhyun fished out a folded piece of pape from his pocket and handed it to Ryeowook.

"What is this?" Ryeowook asked while unfolding the paper.

"It's your love letter to me." Kyuhyun answered with his famous smirk and Ryeowook just chuckled in response and carried on reading the letter.

Dear Kyuhyunnie,

Happy Valentine's Day Kyu~~ I hope you like the chocolates I bought for you! Too bad you are busy on Valentine's Day and I can't spend time with you. Well I know you are not my boyfriend so you are not obligated to spend your Valentine's Day with me but seriously Kyu, you are studying for your Maths Olympiad on Valentine's Day? I bet you are the only person in this world who spends Valentine's Day with Maths. I think I'm jealous of your love with Maths! Anyway, I know you only love me as a brother right? But by any chance you ever love me more than just a brother? Because I think I love you more than just a brother Kyu, I think I want us to be more than just friends. Do you think you want to give me a chance and be your boyfriend? My heart race whenever I'm with you, I blushed when you hug me or do any skinships to me not to mention how my heartbeat would go wild when you do that. Do you think it's love Kyu? Because I don't feel that way when my other friends does that to me and I've been feeling like that for years now. You are the only one that made my heart beat wildly, you are the only one Kyu. So I guess this is my confession to you.

I LOVE YOU. Would you please be my boyfriend?

Love, Ryeowookie

"You see, you gave me that when we were in final year of high school on Valentine's Day and after that we started dating because I also secretly love you but I was just too afraid to confess because I was afraid it would affect our friendship. But you were the brave one and confessed to me first. We dated for a very long time and of course we had countless fights in between because we are both stubborn but I'm a little bit more stubborn than you so you would be the one that fix our relationship most of the times." Kyuhyun explained while holding Ryeowook's hand resting it on his lap.

"So, did you like the chocolates?" Ryeowook asked while giggling.

"Of course, that chocolate is now my favourite chocolate! You always buy me that chocolate when I'm feeling down." Kyuhyun paused debating whether to ask the question he was about to ask, "Erm, but do you happen to remember what's the name of the chocolate?"

"I'm sorry Kyu, I don't remember anything about this. I'm sorry. I really want to though, we sound like a really cute couple. Would you tell me what's  the name of the chocolate?" Ryeowook told Kyuhyun while looking down feeling disappointed that the letter did not bring back any memories.

"It's Kinder Bueno. By the way we should go down for dinner now I can smell your mother's cooking already." With that both of them went down for dinner.

"Wookie, Kyuhyun is going to sleep with you tonight he said he wants to accompany you. Do you mind if he sleep in the same bed as you?" Mrs Kim asked Ryeowook with a smile.

"Of course I don't mind eomma. Kyu! You should tell me more stories before we sleep tonight!" Kyuhyun just nodded with a wide smile one his face on the other hand for some reason Ryeowook's heart start to race again, he could feel butterflies in his stomach and he couldn't stop smiling throughout dinner.


Hey guys!!

Second update! Sorry if you waited long hehe been trying to write this the whole day! As usual I'm sorry for any grammatical/spelling mistakes.

Hope you like it!