Bittersweet

All Over Again

Kyuhyun stares at his lover's unconscious body. Quitness filled the room, only the beeping sound of machines attached to Ryeowook's body could be heard, the sound that represent his heartbeat, the sound that shows he is still fighting for his life. This has become a daily routine for Kyuhyun for almost a year, going to work in the morning and then stay at the hospital in the evening by Ryeowook's bedside till late at night, talking to him, telling him about what happened during the day. Hoping that he would open his eyes soon.

*flashback*

"Will you Cho Kyuhyun take Kim Ryeowook to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And will you Kim Ryeowook take Cho Kyuhyun to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

The both of them put the ring in each other's ring finger with bright smile on their faces.

"You may now kiss the bri--groom."

With that both of them embraced each other and joined their lips in a kiss. A passionate loving kiss.

They both then left the chapel and hopped on their limousine, waving at their families bidding farewell as they embark on their honeymoon. Ryeowook leaned on Kyuhyun's chest in the car, he then looked up at Kyuhyun and they joined in another sweet kiss. Both of them were happy, everything was perfect.

Then something happened that their car start spinning a couple of times and when it comes to a stop, the passengers were upside down. Kyuhyun opened his eyes with much difficulties, he scanned his surroundings but his head was hurting so much. He looked around but he couldn't find Ryeowook anywhere, he started to panicked. He tried to move and get put of the car but his body failed him, he couldn't move and everything seems to be spinning.

"Wo-Wokie? Ryeowook-ah? Ryeowook baby?! Where are you?!" Kyuhyun hopelessly screaming for his newlywed husband. At that point, Kyuhyun was begging in his heart for someone to help them soon. He felt his eyelids getting heavier, his eyes begging to close and his body just want to shut down from the pain. With that he couldn't take it anymore and drifted away to unconsciousness,

The next thing he knows, he woke up in an unfamiliar white room, his body aching from the injuries, his eyelids were heavy and not to mention the terrible headache he had. When he looked around to examined the room, he spots his brother Siwon lying down on the couch by the door sleeping. Then it struck him all the images from the accident, the car spinning endlessly and missing Ryeowook.

"H-hyung! Si-Siwon hyung!" He called out his brother's name to get the sleeping latter with his hoarse voice. Sleeping Siwon starts to stir and open his eyes slowly, after realising what had happened his eyes widen and he rushed towards Kyuhyun's bedside.

"Ya Kyu! Are you really awake?! Wait here I need to call the doctor." Siwon then rushes out before Kyuhyun could say anything. The doctor then came in with a few nurses to check on Kyuhyun. He learned that he was unconscious for two days and his injuries were not very serious. Siwon called their parents to infrom them about Kyuhyun's condition. When the brothers are finally alone in the room Kyuhyun suddenly remembers what he wanted to ask Siwon.

"Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"Where is Ryeowook? He-he wasn't in the car when I woke up! I couldn't find him. Where is he hyung? Is he okay?!"

Siwon sighs at his brother's question, he knew that sooner or later he had to tell his brother the truth. However he was worried that his brother would be distressed and he don't think it would be good for his brother's recovery. But Siwon knows he is a bad liar especially to his brother, Kyuhyun would catch Siwon's lie right away. Siwon's train of thoughts was then interrupted by Kyuhyun.

"Hyung! What are you thinking? Just tell me already. Is it that bad? He is not dead right? Is he?! HYUNG! TELL ME!" Kyuhyun snapped getting impatient with his hyung.

"N-no Kyu." Siwon stuttered.

"NO WHAT HYUNG?! NO, HE IS NOT DEAD OR NO, IT IS NOT THAT BAD?"

"Ryeowook...he...he is not dead but..."

"But what hyung?! Can't you just tell me already or I swear I will get out from this bed and look for answers myself!"

"RYEOWOOK IS IN A COMA ALRIGHT!" Siwon snapped unable to stand the pressure his brother gave him anymore. When he realised that he just blurted out everything in a not so nice manner he looked over his brother who is looking down and quiet sobs could be heard. He quickly embraced his crying brother into a comforting hug.

"Hyung? Can I please see him?" Siwon agreed considering his brother seems to be so worried. Maybe he would feel slightly better seeing his newlywed husband's body. So he helped Kyuhyun onto a wheelchair and pushed him toward Ryeowook's room and to Ryeowook's bedside.

Kyuhyun's heart dropped when he saw his beloved Ryeowook. His forehead covered with bandage and his small face looked pale, the machines attached to his body to help him breathe, keeping him alive. He leaned closer to Ryeowook and caress his cheeks, his fringe and then he slowly got up and kissed Ryeowook's bandaged forehead.

"Ryeowook-ah...I'm here now. You can wake up now, don't sleep for too long. We still have to go to our honeymoon in Paris. Remember? You've been waiting for our honeymoon for months now. How can you sleep now? Wookie baby... Don't you want to go to Paris with me? Wake up Ryeowook-ah, so we can go to Paris now and see Eiffel Tower. You told me you want me to kiss you in front of Eiffel Tower right? You also want to take dozens of photos with me in front of Eiffel Tower right? Wookie please..." Kyuhyun can't hold his tears anymore, he was a sobbing mess. He could feel Siwon's hand on his back comforting him and that only made him cried harder. He squeezed Ryeowook's hand kissing the back of his hand a few times. Siwon kneeled down beside Kyuhyun's wheelchair and hug his crying brother, they stayed in that position for God knows how long until Kyuhyun calmed down and stopped crying. After that Siwon pushed Kyuhyun back to his room and let him rest. Before Kyuhyun drifted back to deep slumber, Siwon explained to him that Ryeowook went through the windshield when the car was spinning he was found a few meters away from the car when the ambulance came, his body went through too much trauma and the doctor had to put him in a chemically induced coma to let his body recover slowly by itself. However, there is only about 50% chance that he will wake up.

After a week Kyuhyun was discharged and he stayed at his newlywed house by himself despite Siwon's persuasion to stay at his parents house first, at least until he fully recovered. During the first few days of his stay Kyuhyun had nightmares from the accident every night and he would just end up crying himself to sleep. Every night he would pray for Ryeowook, hoping that maybe tomorrow he would wake up. His nightmares continued for a month, he would wake up in the middle of the night sweating. However for some reason the nightmares stopped after a month. Kyuhyun also started going back to work after a month break after the accident. Everyday he would diligently go to the hospital to visit Ryeowook, hoping that maybe something would change everytime he comes. Maybe Ryeowook would be awake when he walked into Ryeowook's room.

*end of flashback*


Hello beloved readers,

This is my first ever chaptered fanfic. I hope you guys like the first chapter. This is the first time I tried writing a chaptered fanfic. I apologize for any grammatical or spelling mistakes. Please support this story! I will try to update as soon as possible :)