017

My Sweet yet Bitter Revenge

Flashback

It was winter. L.Joe was ready for his Christmas party,especially since he was going to confess to Jiyeon. He prepared rose and a confession that she'll never forget.

He looked down at his cold,pale hands. He was preparing the first part of the confession. A snowman. It was Jiyeon's favorite thing in the world.

He didn't mind how cold it was,how painful it was. As long as it makes Jiyeon happy,he's willing to do anything.

"This year,today,it's going to be perfect." He said to himself,rubbing his hands for warmth.

Jiyeon,on the other hand was humming to her favorite song,Winter Princess. How it made her happy.

"Today,I'm going to confess to L oppa. It's going to be perfect. I've prepared it for months and now,it's finally here." Jiyeon said to herself,baking a Christmas cake. Her stomach flipped as she touched the necklace he got her for her birthday/

L,on the other hand was smiling to himself as he came out of the jewelry shop.

"This year,I'll confess." He looked down at the ring in his hands. *LJ Forever. Everything will be perfect.* He ran back home to prepare.

Soon,it was going to be 4. Jiyeon and L agreed to meet the Seoul Tower where both of them will be confessing.

Jiyeon hummed as she made her way to the Seoul Tower,holding the cake in her hands and the necklace around her neck.

L.Joe sat on the sofa,waiting for his friends to come and he'll confess his love to Jiyeon in front of his friends.

L rode his motorbike to the Seoul Tower. He flipped his phone open to see the text message Jiyeon texted him.

I'll be there soon,oppa.

His heart filled with joy. Then,in a flash of light,L's smile turned upside down. Into a frown. There was a loud noise. People surrounded him,screaming for help.

"What?" L could feel something dripping down from his head. He searched his surroundings. It was dark and noisy. He finally figured it out. He was in a car accident and he was under the truck that he collided with.

*I have to save the envelope. If I don't make it,this letter will make her happy.* L held onto the envelope tightly.

"Help!" He shouted for help but no one came. He could feel his eyelids getting heavier as the wetness in his head get wetter. Soon,he out.

Jiyeon looked at her watch. 5:30. Somehow,she felt heavy in her heart.

She waited for L,her first love and hopefully last.

Soon,it was getting dark. 5:30 became 6. Then 6 became 7. She stretched her tired legs. *Where is he?* Jiyeon decided to walk around.

Then,she got a phone call. "Hello. Yes,this is Jiyeon." Jiyeon answered.

"What!?"Jiyeon dropped the cake.

"Where is he!" Jiyeon screamed,not caring about the people staring at her,giving her weird looks. Tears dripped down from her eyes.

*This can't be happening. No. Today was supposed to be perfect.* "Seoul hospital." Jiyeon croaked as she got into the taxi.

*Please don't let anything happen to him.* She prayed.

Soon she was at the hospital. She paid the taxi driver and hurried out.

"Where is Kim Myungsoo?" Jiyeon quickly asked the nurse. "On the third floor,in the operation room." The nurse replied. Jiyeon pressed the lift button and quickly got into it.

Once she reached the third floor,she rushed out to find the operation room. It wasn't long before she saw the Infinite members.

"Oppa..." Jiyeon's knees weakened and she dropped to the floor. "Jiyeon ah,don't cry. Everything is going to be okay." Sungyeol said,trying to comfort her.

"What happened?" Jiyeon asked,still crying.

"He got into an accident on the way to meet you. Apparently,he collided with the truck and it somehow hit his head,hurt. When he got here,he was already unconscious and badly injured." Sungyeol bit his lips,trying to be the brave one but he failed.

He hugged Jiyeon and cried with her. "Oppa,I'm scared." Jiyeon sobbed harder. "Me too." Sungyeol didn't cared if he was a male and looked gay for crying. Who cares! That is his best friend inside there,fighting for his life.

After an hour or so,the door opened and the doctor came out.

"Sir,what is the situation right now?" Sunggyu asked calmly.

"Well,the patient is still unconscious  and we did our best but I'm afraid that you'll have to prepare for the worst. He's very critical and his brain is not functioning well." The doctor hinted death.

Jiyeon fell to the ground,sobbing. "He's going to die. I haven't even tell him how much I love him!" She yelled. Infinite didn't know what to do. Their best friend was dying and they all knew it. It was the fact and they had to accept it.

"It's all my fault. If I hadn't sent him the message,none of this would happen. It's all my fault."  Jiyeon hit herself in the chest and soon,she passed out too.

L.Joe,on the other hand was still waiting for Jiyeon to come. "Jiyeon isn't here yet?" Jieun asked. He shook his head.

Jieun sneakily went outside and called Jiyeon but someone else picked up the phone.

"Hello? Jieun,it's me. Hoya. Jiyeon's at the hospital,come quickly. Bring the girls too." Hoya spoke. Jieun didn't know what happened but she had to.

"Guys,let's go." Jieun said to Krystal and Victoria who were having the time of their lives. "Why? The party just started." Krystal complained. Jieun shot her a look.

"Let's go. Jiyeon's in the hospital." Jieun whispered,not wanting the others to know. "What!?" Krystal whispered but followed Jieun and Victoria quietly.

Soon,they were at the hospital. "Hoya oppa! What happened?" Jieun asked Hoya who was the only one she saw at the corridor. Hoya told Jieun and the others what happened.

"Omo. Well L oppa make it?" Jieun gasped. "Jiyeon,is she okay?" Victoria asked. Hoya shook his head. "She passed out. Right now,she's inside,sleeping." Hoya pointed at Jiyeon who was on the bed.

"Poor her. Today was supposed to be perfect." Jieun muttered under her breath. "Well,I gotta go back to L and wait for him to wake up." Hoya stood up and went back to L's ward.

Jieun and the girls went inside Jiyeon's ward,hoping that she'll wake up soon.

Fortunately,Jiyeon woke up soon after. "Where's L oppa?" She asked. "He's still unconscious." Jieun replied.

Jiyeon sat up. "I need to see him." She rushed to the third floor.

"L oppa." Jiyeon came into the ward. Infinite members were all asleep on the couch.

Jiyeon brushed L's eyebrows,teardrops on his face. "Oppa,please wake up soon. I need to tell you how much I love you." She squeaked.

Jiyeon held his cold hands and kissed them,hoping he would wake up. Then she could tell him how much  she loves him. *Oppa,please wake up.* Jiyeon's heart ached.

After a while,the machine beeped out loud,waking up everyone in the room. "What's happening?" Jieun asked. "Get the doctor!" Sungyeol yelled.

Sunggyu pressed the button and the doctor came in and nurses.

After about a minute,the beeping ended after a long beep. "What's that?" Jiyeon asked.

The doctor looked sad,"I'm sorry but the patient is no longer with us."

"... What-?" Jiyeon's heart felt heavier than ever. Jiyeon's knees weakened,again. Sungyeol caught her before she could fall again.

The ward was filled with cries and regrets.

The nurse gave Jiyeon something. "I found this during the operation. He was clutching it tightly in his hands and when we found him under the truck,he was holding this envelope. My condolences."

Jiyeon opened her hand and saw a ring. She examined it. *LJ Forever.*

She opened the envelope and read the letter.