17

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

That Sunday morning, Yuri hastily goes to the boys’ dorm with a cab to meet Kris. Speaking about Kris’s confession last night, they still haven’t discussed any deeper about it. After he confessed to her that he likes her, Yuri remained silent as she was shocked by the sudden confession and she didn’t say anything with that. That was when Kris told her to not think about it and just forget about what he had just said.

Yuri feels bad, of course. She couldn’t sleep just to think about him, especially about the confession. She feels bad that she just left him like that in the car last night. Soon after she wakes up from her sleep that morning, she decides to meet Kris at their dorm to discuss about them. She’s afraid if it will make their relationship turns awkward. She doesn’t want that to happen.

She already texted Suho to bring the other boys somewhere and told him that she needs some private time with Kris at their dorm. As she expected, Suho did what she told him to do. Kai of course goes on a date with Krystal on that day.

“Kris? Are you inside?” Yuri quietly opens the door of the boys’ dorm. The dorm is quiet and she notices that the other boys already went out. She then tiptoes to Kris’s room, hoping he is in there. According to Tao, Kris doesn’t go out of his room since last night. It makes her worry. Just as she stands in front of his room, she takes a deep breath, calming down herself. You can do this Yuri! She mentally cheers herself. She runs her hand to the doorknob and luckily, it’s not locked.

She peeks toward the room and she sighs in relieved after she sees his figure there, snuggling himself into the thick blanket while facing the wall. She hesitates to move toward him but she needs to do this. She doesn’t want their relationship turns awkward because of Kris’s sudden confession.

“Kris?” She softly calls his name, stepping a little toward his bed. She knows that Kris already woke up from his sleep and she knows that he hears her calling his name. “I know you already woke up. I need to talk to you,” Yuri mutters. Her body is trembling when she sits at the edge of Kris’s bed.

After several minutes, Kris slowly positions his body and he’s no longer facing the wall. Yuri sits frozen beside him when he advert his gaze on her. She gulps and she notices that he looks at her in his serious face with his lips pursed.

Was he mad at me? She thought.

“How could you not know, Yul?” He asks with a loud sigh.

However, Yuri quickly bites her lower lip, not knowing what to say to him. She mentally scolds herself for not having any proper words to say. Had she know? Perhaps she knows a little. By looking on how Kris treats her all this time, people could tell that he has special feeling toward her. It’s just that Yuri is completely oblivious about it. She always thought that Kris is treating her differently because they are friends. Yes, friends.

“Kris, we need to talk about-”

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it,” He cuts her off, not looking at her. He then positions himself to face the wall again. “Like I told you last night, forget about everything that I said to you and pretend that it never happened.” He mumbles but Yuri could clearly hear what he says.

“But…..Kris…..I…..” She stammers.

“Not now, Yuri,” He insists and pulls the blanket to cover all his body including his face. “I’m sorry but I need to be alone right now.”

Yuri remains silent. She doesn’t expect that Kris wants her to leave him alone in the room. They need to talk. Is he really mad at her? She doesn’t know either. She couldn’t figure about it. She then bites her lip. She doesn’t want Kris to be upset about her, but she seriously doesn’t know what to do to make it better.

After a moment, Yuri then decides to leave Kris alone in the room as he asked her to do. But before she could step out of the room, Kris opens the blanket and turns to her. “Yul, I will buy you foods soon. Thanks for pretending to be my girlfriend in front of my mom,” Kris smiles, showing that he isn’t really mad at her. But Yuri knows that it’s a force smile and she feels bad.

“Will you be okay if I sleep for a while?” Kris asks her and when she reluctantly nods her head, he quickly buries himself inside the blanket. Truthfully, he didn’t get any sleep last night.

Yuri quietly sighs and she steps out from his room, giving a space to Kris.

I’m sorry, Kris.

 

 

After he notices that Yuri already moves out from his room, Kris slowly opens his eyes. Honestly, he couldn’t sleep right now despite he didn’t get any sleep since last night. He thinks a lot about his sudden confession to her. First of all, he feels so stupid that he suddenly blurted to her that he likes her. He always wanted to keep it away from her. He didn’t want her to know about how he really feels. But he didn’t know why he blurted all about it last night. Second of all, he clearly knows that Yuri’s heart is only for Kai and he perfectly knows that there is no chance for him to be together with her. He feels stupid and afraid at the same time. He’s afraid if his confession will make Yuri to avoid him.

Time? Yes, Yuri needs time and that is when Kris tells himself that he’s going to give her time to think all about it. Or should he just back off and forget about how he feels about her? He’s confused too. He knows that Yuri will never return his feeling. Or is it too much to hope that she will? But what he could do right now is giving her time. He shouldn’t be rushing her because it’s all about feelings. He promises himself that he’s not going to put his expectation high even though how much he likes her. He likes her since the first time he met her. Yuri is the only one who stays in his heart for a long time. But after knowing that she has feeling for their other friend, Kai, he keeps it all inside for years. He may be lying if he says that he’s not hurting. He hurts too.

His train of thoughts then stopped when he finally falls asleep. He wants to forget everything for a moment.

 

 

Yuri curls herself up on the couch while eating some snacks that she grabbed from the boys’ fridge and watching a variety show on the television. Kris is still in his room and Yuri doesn’t want to bother him that she keeps the television in a low volume.

Thinking about the confession, Yuri still couldn’t figure out about her feelings. Does she like Kris too? Or does she still have feeling toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter