16

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It is beautiful Saturday morning and there Kris is, already standing in front of her house. He wakes up early in the morning that day, only to make sure that he will arrive at her house right on time. He moves closer to the door of Yuri’s house and rings the bell. When he hears someone footsteps coming to open the door for him, he moves to the back a little. He quickly tucks his both hands in the pocket of his black slack pants to hide how nervous he is that day. He doesn’t know why he should be nervous.

“Oh, Kris? You’re here already?” The middle aged woman smiles warmly after she yanks the door opened. She looks at Kris from the top to bottom and she is amazed of how handsome Kris is. She giggles quietly upon her own thoughts on the guy.

“Good morning, Mrs Kwon!” He greets her enthusiastically with a wide smile. “I come here to pick Yuri up. Is she inside?” Kris politely asks. His eyes are glancing inside of the house, hoping to see Yuri’s figure but she is nowhere to be seen.

“Oh, I forgot you guys are having a date today right?” Mrs Kwon grins. This causes the tall guy to be a little bit shy with the statement. “You don’t want to come inside?” She offers.

“It’s okay, Mrs Kwon. I’ll just wait Yuri here.”

“Wait a moment while I call her.” Kris nods, waiting patiently for the girl that makes him so nervous on that day. Truthfully, he still couldn’t figure out of why he should be that nervous. It’s not like they are going for a real date anyway. He just asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend in front of his mom, just like they always do in front of Krystal for the sake of their friend, Kai.

Just as Mrs Kwon promised, Yuri comes out from her house several minutes later. She’s wearing a super duper simple cloth, knowing that she will shop for new clothes with him that day.

There is Kris, leaning against his car, waiting for her with a bright smile on his perfect face like he always wears when she sees him. He quickly straightens his position when he sees her coming toward his direction.

“Oh, you brought your car with you?” Yuri asks while her eyes are glancing toward the red car that Kris was leaning just now.

Kris smiles a little, “It’s my mom’s, remember?” He corrects her before he extends a hand to her. It’s so rare to see Kris brings a car because he always goes to school with the boys and Yuri with a public transport. But he feels like wanting to drive his mom’s car on that day by the way.

Yuri slowly slid her fingers over his and he gives her hand a light squeeze before he asks her to come inside into the car. After ensuring she is fully inside the car, he closes the door and quickly moves to the driver’s seat.

“So where we are going?” The tanned girl asks when Kris starts the engine.

“I want to buy you a new dress of course.”

Yuri sighs and looks at him who is driving at the moment. She couldn’t deny that he looks so cool when he drives. “I know but where?” She insists on asking him.

“Somewhere over the rainbow,” He tries to joke but when she doesn’t laugh at his lame joke, he quickly glances at her. “Hey, I was just joking. Just follow me, will you? I won’t take you too far. Don’t worry.” He mutters and continues to focus his eyes on the road.

After the exact 30 minutes on driving, they finally arrive. They climb out of the car and both of them wander into the street, looking for clothes shop. While they are on their way to search for the shop, Kris casually throws his arm around her shoulders and once again they are connected.

“Are you that nervous, Yul?” Kris glances at her before he turns his head away. He probably could feel her nervousness when he touches her. It’s same with him though, he feels nervous too but he is good at hiding his expression. That’s probably why Yuri doesn’t notice him nervous at all.

Yuri swiftly looks at him. “Am I that obvious?” She asks him. His arm is still on hers and as always, she likes the feel of his arm on her shoulders.

“Tsk! My mom won’t bite you though.” Kris chuckles.

“I know.”

While they are wandering around the street, a dress in tiny shop window suddenly catches her eyes. She stops from walking and stares at the dress for a moment. It’s delicately embroidered with red flowers with layers of lace on the front and tiny cap sleeves. The dress captivates her.

“You like it?” Kris asks her, looking at the dress.

“Well, it’s sort of lovely.” She nonchalantly replies. That dress sure costs a lot! She thought and when she is about to drag him to another shop, the tall guy already grabs her by the wrist.

“Let’s go in. You can try it on,” Kris insists, slowly pushing her to the shop.

“Nah, it’s okay!” Yuri turns her body around to face him. “It costs a lot of money, Kris. And I couldn’t afford to buy it.” She reasons out.

Kris suddenly let out a small giggle, “You know what? I don’t care about it. I will buy it for you and you don’t need to worry about the cost.”

Kris opens the door and pushes Yuri into the store. There are racks of brightly colored fancy dresses inside it. The shop is packed with a lot of dresses. There are also purses and hats hang from the low ceilings and line the walls.

“Hello,” a girl around her twenties greets them with a bright smile as she approaches both Kris and Yuri which she assumes as a couple. “May I help you?” She offers.

“We are looking for a dress.” Kris replies, smiling to the girl. As usual, the girl turns shy when the tall guy gives her a warm smile. Who doesn’t melt at Kris’s smile anyway? Everyone will melt.

“Let me help you find something.” says the girl.

Before Yuri could respond, the girl who has Miyeon on her nametag ushers her toward a rack of dresses. Miyeon chooses a yellow dress and holds it up for her.

“You like?” the girl peers up at her in hopeful.

She suddenly catches Kris’s eye and she could see he’s holding back his laughter. She rolls her eyes at him before she looks back at Miyeon. She slowly shakes her head. “Uh, I don’t really like it. Sorry.” Yuri says in a low tone but the girl smiles at her instead.

Upon hearing her blunt response, Kris bursts out laughing. It’s not like Yuri doesn’t look pretty on that dress that Miyeon has chosen for her but he laughs because she looks so funny when she seems hesitate to try the dress on.

Just then, Kris hears Yuri tells the girl that she’s not really a frilly dress girl and only looking for a simple dress yet comfortable. The girl nods at her, understand. Miyeon then moves through the racks in search of the perfect dress for the tanned girl and that is when Yuri feels bad for keep on rejecting the dresses that she suggested. That Miyeon girl seems sweet and she clearly wants to make a sale but Yuri doesn’t really want to try those dresses on. As far as she remembers, the last time she wore a dress was when Kris and her went a double date with Kai and Krystal and Kai was the one who insisted her on wearing a dress on that day. She’s all about jeans and T-shirts though.

“C’mon,” Kris whispers to her. “Just try something on.”

“You know that I’m not really into dresses, Mr Wu.” Yuri rolls her eyes at him but an idea has crossed on her mind. “What about you try one on? If you do then I will try one of these dresses on.” She offers him with a smirk.

Kris obviously looks confused. His eyebrows furrowed. He then stares at her, trying to determine whether she is serious or not. But his eyes suddenly crinkle into a smile. He’s up for the challenge and Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter