13

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Her biggest fear in her life is that one day she will run into her best friend and she will be seeing him intertwined fingers with another girl. She fears to sit alone in a certain place and she will witness the moment where she looks over to his eyes that full of the love she has never had the chance to feel. She fears that she will spend her life alone because she will still be caught up in the impossibility that he loves her. But what she fears the most of all is that when she still loves him though his heart is with someone else’s. But it’s all happening to her now.

Yuri opens her eyes as she feels the sunlight already touches her skin and when she fixes her body to the right, she widens her eyes as her face is only a few inches left to meet someone’s face. She almost jumps out of her bed in shock but when she notices the familiar figure that is still sleeping so peacefully beside her, she pauses and blinks her eyes in confusion. She tries to recall everything that had happened yesterday. She saw Kai kissed Krystal. She got a text message from him and declared that he and Krystal are now dating. Kris on the other hand was becoming a shoulder for her to lean on and she cried so much in front of him last night. Kris was the one who healed her. And now he is still there, accompanying her.

After she recalled everything, she stares at the guy’s face for a moment. She never thought that he will accompany her until this moment because she thought that he will leave her as soon as she closed her eyes last night. He must be tired after accompanying me the whole night; she thought inside before she stares intensely at his feature for another second. Unconsciously, she starts to bring her fingers up to his face. She softly caresses them and a meaningful smile suddenly appears on the corner of her lips. Truthfully, this is the first time in her life to admire his face closely like this. She couldn’t even deny that Kris has the best feature; his eyes, his brows, his nose and his lips, they are perfect.

A small giggle suddenly escapes under as she recalls the moment where she accidently kissed him in front of Kai and Krystal. She still feels so stupid that she mentally wants to smack her own head for kissing him like that. But the train of her thoughts suddenly interrupted when the latter beside her starts to move his body that make her to quickly bring her hand back from his face. She then closes her both eyes and pretends to sleep as she doesn’t want him to notice that she was actually admiring his face a while ago.

“Are you done admiring my face?” Kris’s soft giggle suddenly meets her ears. However the tanned girl doesn’t bother to open her eyes as she continues to pretend to sleep beside him.

“Hey, I know that you my face just now. Wake up.” He pokes her side with his index finger while his head already rested on his other arm. “Good morning!” Kris beams cheerfully at her when she finally opens her eyes, greeting her with a long giggle.

“How did you know?” Yuri snaps at him with a glare, doesn’t even greet him a good morning like he did to her.

Kris chuckles. “So I was right?” He smirks that is good enough to annoy her.

“Gosh!” Yuri taps her forehead with her palm as she realizes that she unconsciously admits to him that she indeed and admired his face a while ago. “It doesn’t mean anything, okay?” She replies coldly and soon sits up from her bed.

“Are you sure it doesn’t mean anything?” Kris teases her, sitting up from her bed as well. Yuri sends him another sharp gaze before she completely gets up from the bed. “Where are you going?” He asks when he notices that Yuri starts making her way to the door of her room.

“I will make a breakfast.” Yuri replies but before she could go to the kitchen, she turns her head around to him. “Hm, Kris?” she calls and looks at him with her puffy eyes.

“Yeah?” The guy raises his eyebrows, getting up from her bed.

Yuri seems hesitate at first. “Can we…hm..skip school today?” She manages to ask that makes the guy who is already standing beside her to furrow his eyebrows, obviously confused.

“Why?” He asks, still frowning. He can’t remember the last time Yuri missed school. The only thing he remembers is that Yuri is really about attendance.

“I don’t feel like going to school today. I’m not ready to face Kai yet.” She explains and Kris sees her bites her lower lip.

I bet that she’s really not ready to see Kai. She still hurts; Kris guesses but without him knowing he already nods his head at her, agrees to skip school with her today.

Yuri smiles and swiftly hugs him. “You’re the best, Kris! Thank you!”

“But just for today, okay?” He pats her head twice before he gives her a small smile. He can’t believe that he skips school for the girl today.

“No worries, I promised you just for today.” Yuri assures him with a nod. She then tells him to wash his face at her bathroom while she will be preparing for their breakfast since her mother wouldn’t be at home and will only coming back tomorrow morning. Kris nods at her and heads toward the bathroom to wash his face.

“Chef Kwon, may I help you?” Kris suddenly appears in the kitchen soon after he washed his face, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

“No thanks. Just wait there. Breakfast will be ready just in a few minutes.” Yuri tells him that he only nods in response. He swiftly brings his arm back from her shoulders and heads toward the counter, waiting for the breakfast to be served on the dining table.

“Sorry, I could just prepare this for breakfast. The fridge is empty since omma is not here. Is that okay for you?” Yuri offers him an apologetic look while serving him an omelette with a cup of milk before she sits beside the tall guy.

Kris lightly nods his head. “It’s fine of course. You know if Kyungsoo isn’t there at the dorm, we just eat instant noodle so this is definitely okay.” He remarks, bringing the meal right in front of him.

“You guys shouldn’t be depending on Kyungsoo though.” Yuri snaps back, shrugging her shoulders lightly while starting to shove the food into .

“I know. But Chanyeol starts to cook more often these days. He’s good.”

Yuri raises her eyebrows. “Really? Tell him to make me something delicious when I go to your dorm soon.” She smiles sweetly at him.

There is long silence between them as they both are busy finishing the foods before Kris finally breaks it. “Do you feel much better now?” He asks rather carefully, afraid if it will hurt her.

Yuri turns her head to face Kris and she notices of how concern he is to her through the look on his perfect face. She smiles bitterly and stops from eating her breakfast. “How about we go to the mall today? Or amusement park, perhaps?” She asks him back instead of answering his question.

Kris could sense from her that she still hurts and sad about the fact that Kai and Krystal are in a romantic relationship now. By the look on her face, it tells him everything. He slowly puts his spoon down, resting his elbow on the table with placing his head on his palm; staring at her intensely. “If it will make you better then let’s go to the amusement park.” He suggests, smiling so sincerely.

Yuri’s eyes turn to sparkle as he said it. “Really? You wanna go with me?” She exclaims in such a high pitch tone.

“Of course, silly!” He ruffles her hair before he tells her to quickly finish her foods so they could go to the amusement park right away.

 

 

The first period of the class is about to start. Kai has been calling his best friend for the fifth time in the past two minutes, but to his disappointment, it goes straight to voicemail. It makes him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter