Lace your fingers between mines.

Love Me For My Imperfections.

“Hey look over there! They’re selling those pancake looking things!” Changmin yelled.

“You just ate 12 kabobs!” Yunho said.

“And 5 cups of pudding…” Yoochun added.

“His stomach is like a black hole…” Minah muttered.

“It’s worse than that.” Yoochun said.

Minah gave a chuckle. She felt so at ease in Singapore. Mostly because she’s away from the orphanage. Or maybe because she’s far, far away from her past. Being in Singapore kind of washes away her worries, even if they are still in the same continent.

“Oh! Look! Red bean bun!” Changmin yelled, running towards the next stall.

“Hey! Wait!” Yunho shouted, “You’ll get lost!”

Yunho quickly ran after Changmin and the two disappeared into the crowd. “What’ll we do? Oh my god! We lost them!” Minah panicked.

“Calm down, we’ll find them. And besides, we can always call them.” Yoochun pulled out his cell phone and dialled Changmin’s number.

-Hi! This is Changmin! I’m probably busy right now! Please call back!-

“That idiot…” Yoochun sneered. He dialled again to Yunho’s number. They heard a sudden ringing coming from Junsu.

“I forgot, I was holding his phone!” Junsu face palmed himself.

“What’ll we do now?” Jaejoong asked, “Maybe we should just split up and meet back at the Hotel.”

“Is that Junsu Oppa?!” A girl yelled from the distance.

“Not now…” Junsu muttered.

“Oh my god! It is!” The girl yelled again.

Before they know it, an ocean of fan girls swarmed all around them, all wanting signatures or pictures.

“What is this?” Minah cried out, “I can’t even get out!”

Minah almost had a panic attack, she hated small spaces and she hates it when she gets surrounded by people. But all of a sudden, something warm laced against her fingers. She looked down and saw that Jaejoong had grabbed her hands and was pulling her out of the crowd. Once she was out, the two of then ran farther away from the crowd and the whole time, Jaejoong didn’t let go of her hand.

When they finally reached an isolated place, he let go, “Are you alright?” He asked.

Minah nodded. Was she alright? Her heart was beating fast enough for it to jump right out. She felt embarrassed for holding Jaejoong’s hands. But his hands were so warm, and inviting. Their hands seemed to find each other, and their hands seemed to fit into each other’s so well.

Minah then remembered when he held her hand on the plane. This was such a small gesture, but it made Minah’s heart beat twice as fast. She looked away, avoiding his glance. She stuck her hands into her pocket, maybe that’ll take the tension away. She turned back to Jaejoong and smiled, “Thanks for getting me out of that.”

“No problem.”

“I always seems like you’re saving me from trouble.” Minah said, “There must be something I can do to repay you back.”

Jaejoong shook his head, “Nothing at all. And besides, I like helping a girl in need.” He flashed a smile that almost melted Minah’s heart.

She didn’t want to feel like this. She didn’t like it when she gets nervous. She didn’t like it when her palms get sweaty when she gets nervous.

But that feeling Jaejoong gives her – she’s hates that most.

But she can’t seem to give it up either.

- -

“Where are we going?” Minah asked.

“I was hoping you’d know,” Jaejoong replied, “it’s getting pretty empty in this area.”

“Maybe you can use that to your advantage, no one’s here…no fan girls.”

They continued walking towards a small bridge over a river. The moonlight shone onto the dark water, making it glow. They stopped at the top of the bridge and looked down at the moon’s reflection in the water.

“I’ve seen anything like this.” Minah whispered.

“This is nothing,” Jaejoong snickered, “You should see the sunset.”

“I think I’ve seen one before.”

“Oh yeah? Where?”

Minah thought for a second, “I can’t remember. It’s repressed into my memory. It’s funny how I can forget something so beautiful.”

Minah felt a wave of nausea hit her. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes.

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong asked.

Minah nodded, “Yeah…” she whispered. Minah crouched down and put her head between her knees. She felt sick – she wanted to throw up.

- -

“Daddy, look!” Minah pointed towards the sky, “The sun is disappearing!”

“No sweetie, the sun’s setting. It’s going home from its long day of work. When the sun sets, the moon rises up and takes the sun’s job.”

“Will it be here again tomorrow?” Minah asked.

“Yes, it’ll always be here in the morning, ready to do its job.” Minah wanted to speak again, but he shushed her, “Look at the horizon.”

The sun set slowly behind the vast ocean, its beams of light hit the sky and gave off a light orange glow. The water sparkled in front of them.

“Daddy…Will you be here tomorrow, just like the sun?”

“Yes, forever and always.” He promised.

- -

“Minah…What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked softly. He crouched down at her level, and lifted up her face. Tears were streaming down her eyes. “Why are you crying Minah?”

“I think…I remember where I saw the sunset.” Minah buried her face into her hands. “I don’t ever want to see one again.”

Jaejoong sighed, what was he going to do? Minah’s obvious not in the condition to talk or do anything fun right now. He just wondered what was bothering her. These weird things always keeps happening. She becomes either really emotional or really angry. And then gives odd replies.

Then Jaejoong remembered – her illness. What did Manger say she had? Schizophrenia? PTSD? It’s so easy to forget about her illness. She seems so normal when, well, when she’s not like this. Jaejoong thought for a while. What was he to do?

He pulled her up into his chest. “Minah, don’t cry. Whatever it was, it’s gone now.” He muttered into her ear, “It’s gone, forever. I promise.”

Minah tightened her hands around his shirt. His words sound so sure, so right. But why does she still feel like something is missing? Why does she feel like something is still empty? That something is not right?

Maybe it’s because she knows that this is only momentarily. Sooner or later, one of them has to let go. Just like when Jaejoong held her hand – he let go. And just like now, Jaejoong was the one to let go again.

He smiled at her, “Are you feeling better?”

Minah shook all the thoughts out of her head, “Yeah, thanks.” She smiled.

Just when they were about to go back, they heard a high pitched screech.

“OHMYGOD! IT’S JAEJOONG OPPA!”