Clue # 2: Acquired.

Love Me For My Imperfections.

 

“Did something happen?” Junsu asked Minah as they walked back to the hotel.

Minah shook her head, “No, just a lot of fan girls. I’m not really used to it.”

“Well, they are a little annoying…but they’re the people who support us most.” He smiled.

Minah smiled back. Her smile suddenly faded when Junsu looked away. She couldn’t quite grasp why she felt like this. It wasn’t sadness and it defiantly wasn’t happiness. So what is it? Could it be confusion?

Minah sighed, she shouldn’t have gone to the fortune teller. Now that she’s been told all these things about Jaejoong, she can’t think straight. She looked over at Jaejoong, who was talking to Yoochun. He seems so oblivious to things. She wondered what Jaejoong would have said if he heard what the fortune teller told her. He’s probably flip out and yell at her.

Minah chuckled at the thought of Jaejoong getting angry over the littlest things. But then she stopped herself from giggling. It was incidents like this that makes her heart flutter. She pressed her lip into a light smile. Its incidents like this, which makes her happy most.

- -

Minah sat by the large window in her hotel room and stared out into the night sky. It was so beautiful, so graceful. She’s never seen anything like it. She looked over at the digital clock and it read 4:30 am. She should really get to sleep, but how can she sleep, knowing that something so beautiful is right outside her window? She sighed and shook her head, if she didn’t get to sleep now, she’ll have no energy tomorrow.

- -

Jaejoong snuck out of the hotel room at 4:30 am and made his way to the elevator. He got onto the streets of Singapore and retraced his steps back to where he and Minah saw the fortune teller. When he reached the building, the neon sign was still flashing. He opened the door and entered the dark hallway.

Jaejoong cringed as he walked down the dark hallway. He could hardly see his hands in front of him. He finally reached the velvet curtain and pulled it back. In the same room sat the old fortune teller.

“I see that you’ve came back.” Her hoarse voice spoke, “At such an odd hour too.”

“You’re a real fortune teller, right?” Jaejoong asked.

“Would you believe me if I said yes?”

Jaejoong stood silent for a moment then nodded his head.

“Very well then, have a seat. Would you like your fortune told?”

“No.” Jaejoong said. “I want to know something else…”

“Is it about the girl?”

“Not exactly…” He trailed off.

“I see no point in you meddling with her life.”

“I just want to know something.” Jaejoong reached into his back pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. He smoothed it out in front of the fortune teller. “I want to know what the other half says.”

He pointed to Minah’s birth certificate, which was ripped in half.

“Well, they ripped it in half for a reason.”

“Can you tell me why?”

“Must you really know?”

“Look, I’ll pay you any amount.”

“What I wonder is why you’re trying to dig up her past.”

“Just curious…” He mumbled.

“Curiosity gets you nowhere.”

They sat silent for a while until he spoke again, “I know that there are people trying to figure these things out too. And I know there are people that are looking for her. If things get leaked out, she can ruin us. If I find out before they do, I can somehow try to prevent it.”

“So your intentions are on your group members?” She asked.

Jaejoong froze. How did she know that he was part of a boy group? Maybe she is a real fortune teller, or maybe it was a lucky guess?

Or maybe…she watches T.V and has seen him before. But the point is, Jaejoong needed answers now.

“I’m begging you to tell me something – anything – that’ll be useful information.”

The fortune teller coughed, “I know for a fact that if you ask her directly about her past, she won’t remember, or she won’t tell you.” She smirked, “But Hwa Minah has close ties with more people that you think. And those people holds the key to her memory.”

“Who are these people?” Jaejoong asked.

The fortune teller laughed, which scared Jaejoong, “Their right under your nose.”

In one swift move she placed a row 5 of tarot cards on the table. She flipped one over from the deck. It shows the three of swords, upside down.

“Physical or mental disorders, mental suffers and loss.” She said.

She reached for another card, it was the lovers, dealt upside down.

“There will be a source of romantic disturbance.”

The next card was five of wands, dealt upside down.

“Trickery, fraud, defeat, hurt and ruin can all be possible.”

The fourth card was the eight of cups, right side up.

“A turning point in everyone’s lives.”

She reached for the last card and before she flipped it over, she spoke, “And the person who’ll disclose it all…”

She flipped the card over and Jaejoong nearly choked. The card she placed down was not an ordinary tarot card.

It was a picture.

A picture of someone who Jaejoong has no interest in.

A picture of someone who keeps trying to get Jaejoong’s attention.

Jaejoong’s hands shook as he picked up the picture and held it before his eyes.

“Jung Soo-yeon, also known as –“

Jaejoong cut her off, “Jessica…” He whispered. 

- -

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating! >~< I've been pretty busy lately! Well, here you go! Enjoy it! ~