Make yourself at home.

Love Me For My Imperfections.

“Are you sure this is…safe?” Minah asked, starring at the large black SUV in front of her.

“Miss Hwa, please get into the car.” The grey suited man said.

“Can’t we just walk, I mean…I’m used to walking.”

“Their apartment is more than 10 blocks away.”

“I’m fine with that.” Minah chirped.

“How did you get to Seoul?”

“I walked…”

“This is unbelievable, if you don’t get into the car right now, you’re fired.”

“Okay! Okay!” Minah slowly got into the SUV, holding onto the handles on the door the entire time. The grey suited man got into the driver’s seat and put his seat belt on, Minah copied. “Okay, you can do this…” Minah whispered to herself.

He started the engine and the vehicle came to life. He took off at a pretty fast pace. Minah held onto the door handles, almost for her dear life. She closed her eyes and tried to make her mind blank. She started to hear pitter patter drops, she felt rain.

- -

Pitter patter, pitter patter. 

It didn’t stop. She saw two doors in front of her. Two large, red double doors. She turned around, her mom was standing behind her, and gestured her towards the door. Minah was afraid, she shook her head. “Mommy…” She raised her hands, hoping her mom would take her into her arms. Her mom walked past her and knocked three times on the door. “Mommy…” Minah tired again, she raised her hands up, but her mom just ran.

“MOMMY! MOMMY!” Minah shouted after her.

Soon, her mom disappeared into the rain.

- -

“Miss Hwa, we’re here!” The grey suited man shouted.

Minah quickly opened her eyes and gasped. Was she hallucinating? Why was she recalling memories of that day? She shook her head. “I’m sorry, what’d you say?”

“We’re here.”

Minah looked out the winder. In front of her was a big building. Minah has never seen such a tall apartment. Where she lived, they were all around 5 or 6 stories. “Wow,” Minah mouthed. She opened the door and stepped out. The warm heat waves of outside seemed brutal after getting out of the cool air conditioned car.

She followed the grey suited man into the building. The foyer was as big as the orphanage’s cafeteria. There were fancy looking sofas and arm chairs. A giant chandelier hung on the almost 15ft high ceiling. Minah’s eyes wandered all over the foyer, noticing the tiniest details. She followed the man into the elevator. It was all glass, and Minah could see herself from every angle. This is some apartment, she thought, maybe more like a hotel.

The bell rang when they got onto the 20th floor. She followed the man out the elevator then down the corridors. They reached at room 2030.

“Here are your keys.” He said to her. “Don’t touch anything that looks valuable, don’t make any members unhappy, and especially, do not, flirt, touch, or fall in love with any of them. That is strictly forbidden.”

Minah nodded her head quickly.

“Any question, call me at the head office.” He handed her a card and dashed out of the corridors, then out of sight.

Minah put the keys in and opened the door. She stepped inside and dropped. It was most amazing room she’s seen. And this was only the foyer. Minah kicked off her muddy boots. She started at them for a while. Having muddy boots in the middle of this foyer, just didn’t seem right. She picked them up and decided to keep them in her bag. She walked down the halls and noticed a picture hanged up.

“I’m guessing this is them…” She muttered. She leaned in for a closer look. There were five guys in the picture. Minah scoffed. “Fall in love with these geeks?” She rolled her eyes. She explored further into the apartment. She already saw the kitchen, living room, bathrooms, and their recording rooms. All that’s left was their room and hers. She thought about entering their room, but that would be impolite. Too bad the grey suited man didn’t tell her which room was hers. Minah didn’t have much a choice but to look through the rooms.

After a while of process of elimination, she stumbled upon a well kept, tidy, neat little room.

“I guess this is it.” She said to herself. There was single bed, a dresser, a desk and a bookshelf. She looked around, the bookshelves and dresser was empty. Yup, this was defiantly her room. She threw her duffle bag and boots on the floor and jumped on the bed.

“Oh my goodness!” She yelled. This bed actually had a mattress, and proper sheets. “This is heaven.” She mumbled to her shelf. She buried herself in the sheets and giggled. She grinned to herself. If only the headmaster of the orphanage could see her now.