Working up a compromise.

Love Me For My Imperfections.

“Dinner’s served!” Hwa Minah yelled in the dining room. Right after she said that, all five of the guys came running towards the kitchen. “TA-DA!” Minah presented her dishes. The five of them looked at the dishes, then back at her.

“What’s wrong…?” Minah cocked her head.

“Is this edible…?” Changmin asked.

Minah slammed the spatula on the table, “Of course it is…I think.”

“I told you guys that we didn’t need her.” Jaejoong crossed his arms.

“It’s not my fault, I never learned to cook.” Minah snapped at Jaejoong.

Yoochun noticed the tension between the two, he needed to get them to have a truce, or else they’d just keep fighting like this. “I have an idea.” Yoochun started, “Why don’t Jaejoong teach you to cook?”

“WHAT?!” Minah and Jaejoong yelled in union.

 “Yeah, he can cook pretty well, he’ll teach you!” Junsu exclaimed.

“If he can cook so well, why do you guys need a maid?!” Minah asked.

“That’s what I’ve been asking the whole entire time.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“So it’s a deal?” Yoochun smiled.

“Yeah whatever.” Minah and Jaejoong said in union once again. They both walked off into their own rooms and slammed the door.

“So…does that mean, there’s no dinner?” Changmin asked sadly.

- -

The next day, Minah got dragged out of bed by Jaejoong so they can start their first day of cooking lessons. Jaejoong brought out a bunch of food from the fridge and placed them on the counter.

“Okay, first things first, I’ll show you how to make cake.”

“Isn’t that…too advanced?” Minah said, sleepily. She yawned.

“Just, watch and learn…”

- -

After completely breaking 4 eggs, spilling milk all over the floors, and getting sugar everywhere, the two of them finally put the batter into the oven.

“That wasn’t so bad…” Minah said.

“Let’s just start cleaning.” Jaejoong ignored her.

Minah smirked and picked up a spoon they used to mix the batter. “Hey, Jaejoong!” She called out.

Jaejoong turned around and Minah smeared the spoon all across Jaejoong’s face, covering him with chocolate cake batter.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Jaejoong yelled.

Minah laughed. “Lighten up, I’m just having fun.” She dropped the spoon into the sink and when she turned her head, Jaejoong dumped icing onto her. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!”Minah yelled.

“Lighten up, I’m just having fun.” Jaejoong grinned, mocking her.

“Oh, it’s on.” Minah grabbed the better left over and threw it all the Jaejoong. Jaejoong threw a couple of eggs at Minah, which she managed to dodge. Minah threw two eggs at Jaejoong and it hit him right in the chest. The fight got dirtier when they started to throw other condiments at each other. Soon, the whole kitchen was covered with food. Yunho walked into the kitchen just when Jaejoong dumped the whole pack of sugar over Minah’s head.

“What’s going on…?” Yunho looked terrorized.

“Oh, we made cake.” Minah smiled.

“With yourselves?” He raised an eyebrow.

“It’s in the oven.” Jaejoong replied.

Changmin walked into the kitchen and took one look at Jaejoong and Minah then burst into laughter.

“Will you shut up?” Jaejoong said. “If you don’t, you don’t get any cake!”

Changmin quickly covered his mouth with his hands. “Uhm, Jae…I think something is burning…”

Jaejoong and Minah quickly looked at each other then towards the oven. They both ran towards it and yanked the door open. Jaejoong carefully took the burnt cake out of the oven and set it on the counter.

“All that work for nothing…” Minah said beside him.

“It’s all your fault.” Jaejoong said coldly.

“What did I do?”

“You started this whole cake fight, and we got carried away. We should be watching the oven.”

“Well, you dumped icing on me!”

“It was revenge for the cake batter on my face!”

“What are you? In kindergarten? Just wipe it off!” Minah yelled back.

“Whoa guys, calm down…” Yunho stepped between the two.

“Look, if you want to learn, you need to be a little more mature.” Jaejoong snapped at Minah.

“Says the one who wants to get revenge.”

“I’m sure there’s a good way to solve this.” Yunho butted in.

“YOU, SHUT UP.” Jaejoong and Minah both said to Yunho.

“Just trying to help…”

“If you wanted to get covered in cake batter, than continue to help.” Jaejoong yelled at him.

Yunho slowly backed away and stood closely behind Changmin, who looked terrorized.

“You’re such a .” Minah rolled her eyes and walked towards her room.

Jaejoong quickly followed behind her, “YOU TOO!” Jaejoong sped up, “HEY! I’M TALKING TO YOU.”

Minah got into her room, “Well, I’m not talking to you!” She slammed her door in his face.

Jaejoong stomped to his room and slammed his door, furiously. He leaned against his door and smiled. His heart beat fast against his chest. He didn’t know when it started, but he liked it.