What are you hiding from me?

Love Me For My Imperfections.

Minah almost dozed off, but someone’s voice woke her up.

“Number three thousand and ten!”

Minah jumped up. It’s finally me. Oh my gosh. What will I say? It seemed like a million thoughts ran through her head. Minah walked towards the double doors and entered the interview room. Minah must admit, walking into the interview room with a duffle bag, dirt on your face, and a bird’s nest for hair, isn’t attractive.

“Hello miss, please have a seat.” A man in a grey suit said.

She sat down slowly onto the seat and looked back at him and smiled, “I’m Hwa Minah.” She bowed.

“Nice to meet you, let’s start off with your resume.”

“My what?” I blinked. Resume? Oh my god. I don’t even have a home, yet alone a computer to type up my resume. “Is that…really necessary?”

“Well yes, you’re applying for a job, of course you need a resume.”

“But this job is being a maid…it’s not on a professional level.”

“Do you know who’s maid you’re going to be? Then maybe you’ll rethink what you just said.”

Minah was left speechless, was hanging open. “Who exactly am I working for?” She asked.

“DBSK? You’ve never heard of them?” The man said.

Minah shook her head slowly. She felt her palms get sweaty, and her heart felt like it was in . “Who are they…exactly?”

“Their Korea’s top boy band. I can’t believe you’ve never heard of them.” He shook his head and scribble something down on paper.

Minah eyed his actions. This is bad, this is sooo bad, she thought. Minah cleared .”I came from a very small town…”

“That’s what they all say.” He sighed again.

“No, you don’t understand.” Minah got up. She almost became furious. Did he think she was lying to him? “It took me almost three days to get here.”

“You think that’ll convince me?”

Minah clenched her fists. She didn’t know why she got so worked up. But then again, she’s known for having a bad temper. “You want proof?” She rested her hands on her hips. “Call up Dokgo orphanage, and ask for my listing there.”

His eyes widened, “you’re an orphan?”

Minah’s throat went dry. Why did she even mention orphan? As if her clothing and appearance wasn’t bad enough. “Yes, I am an orphan. Trust me, if I weren’t, I wouldn’t be here. You try living on the streets.”

His eyebrows became narrow, “I’ve heard of that orphanage before.” He tapped his pen against the thick wad of paper on this desk.

“I’m not surprised if you have, they’ve been in the paper for over abuse of their children before.” Minah said as she sat back down.

“Well, Miss Hwa is it? Can you cook? And clean?”

Minah nodded her head. “Of course.” Her heart sped up. Technically, this wasn’t a lie. She did have cooking experience, since she got cafeteria duty as punishment for waking up late at the orphanage. But then again, the food wasn’t edible.

“Well, I think this is enough for today, you can leave your resume with me, and I’ll give you a call.” He smiled, “Oh! And take one of our job flyers. Spread the word.”

Minah got up and looked at him and chuckled. “You know…I don’t even have a computer to type up a resume. WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK I’M GOING TO GET A PHONE?” Minah kicked his desk and walked out of the room.

“This behaviour is unacceptable!”

Minah ignored him and walked out of the building. What a , she thought. Minah stood at the front entrance for a while. Where was she supposed to go now? She highly doubt any place would take her. She didn’t even have a resume. Maybe she can share a nice cardboard box with some other homeless person or something because, it’s defiantly better than walking around like a lost puppy.

“Minah! Minah!” A voice called out from behind her. She turned around to find the same grey suited man standing before her.

“What?” She crossed her arms.

“The company managing this program would like you to reconsider, and be a part of our staff.”

“Are you…hiring me?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, I am hiring you.”

“Why all of a sudden?”

“The circumstances have changed.”

“What circumstances?”

“You are a maid, not a detective. You start tomorrow. Wait for me in the lobby until I finish work, I will bring you to DBSK’s apartment.”

“Why are you giving this job to me…all of a sudden?”

“If you want to keep this job, you’d shut your mouth and go wait.”

Minah rolled her eyes and followed him back into the building. Whatever this man was hiding from her, she was bound to figure it out.