We are the Buttercups

Nerdy Gangster

 

     "HyoRi what does the symbol K stand for?" I looked up.

 

     "Potassium, Mrs. Seo" she nodded and turn back to the board. "Kyung how much electrons does a ...." My mind drifted off as always. As smart as I am. I hated school. It was useless. Nothing but logic that everyone should know. Maybe it would be more interesting if we learn life skills like combat, saving money, and how to deal with bullies.

 

     I was excited, next hour was with Jonghyun. Sure he was one of those bullies I have to deal with but no one said you can't have crushes on your bullies.

 

*Brinnnnnngg*

 

      I rushed out of class. Walking into Mr. Kwon's class I slowed down. Jonghyun was always in the back talking to CL. CL, how I hate her. She was popular, beautiful, and Jonghyun's crush. I saw him laughing with her, with Key joining in. Her only weakness was she was in a gang. One in which I had beaten up a few times. Of course she doesn't know that. Who would expect a nerd to be in gang? But that is why they say never to judge a book by it's cover. Watching landed me right on a prank. A tack to be exact. I jumped up and threw the tack in the trash. The entire class laugh at me.

 

     "Ms. Lee take you seat." I saw pity in his eyes. It made me angry but I kept it in. How dare he pity me, leader of the buttercups. I bowed. Sitting down you looked out. One glance at the clock said the time was 11:11. I held my breathe. I wish someone, mainly Jonghyun, would fall in love with me.

 

     "Hyo Ri what is -2|4x-6|=36?"

 

     With quick calculation you replied, "x=6 and -3."

 

     You heard Jonghyun's comment. "Nerd." Who was I kidding? He would never fall for a nerd.

 

     Mind distracted, I try to focus. In my mind I repeated to myself. I am Burning Angel. No one can touch me or hurt me. I am the leader of Buttercups and no one knows my identity. I am the best.

 

********

 

     Lunch came but all they served was spaghetti. I walked to my lonely space. A tree at the back of the school. I saw CL try to trip me so I jumped over it but Dara put her foot where I landed. "Ow! That nerd ruined my foot!" My food on the other hand flew and landed right on myself. I sigh. Everyone in the cafeteria either laughed at me or glared at me for ruining precious Dara's foot.

 

     I ran to the ladies room. Aish. Why does all this happen to me? I shouldn't be like this. I'm a leader. I deserve respect. I was walking towards when I heard his voice.

 

     "HyoRi is so annoying. I can't put up with her. She makes the teacher expect us to be smarter."

 

     Taemin voiced out. "Why can't she understand that we all just want her out if this school."

 

     Minho joined. "You shouldn't be so harsh. She nice, I guess. Maybe a little to smart but we can probably get along." I heard a smack. "Jonghyun." He whined.

 

     "Don't say those things. We bully her for a reason, we need to take her out of The Academy. She's making it harder for all of us."

 

     I heard footstep walking away. Running to fourth hour I hid from everyone. "HyoRi!" I sigh as I saw Mrs. Kim, my fourth hour teacher.

 

     "Hi Mrs. Kim."

 

     "Come to my class." She led me to her class and I watch out for students. "Can you help me check for errors." I nodded and saw the papers. I check the title. World War II. After checking the bell rang. I sat in class. Watching the grass amazingly passes the time.

 

 

************

     After school I went home. I lives with Midnight, Frost, Black Shadow, and Fiery Flame. We were all in the Buttercups. I first met them when I was 8.

 

~Flashback~

     My father died in a shooting when I was 3. I hardly remember him but just as the guy who supported the family. We had a home that was fully paid. My mother work hard to supply food. One day my mom disappeared. I had woke up and walked downstairs expecting the daily note of 'I went to work early'. But when I read it I realized. My mom was gone. She left me. By then I was 8. I had no parents, and no money. I wasn't old enough yet to work. I burst into tears realizing my predicament. I ran towards the highway without realizing it. Under it was four girls. I walked up to them. "Where are your parents?"

 

     One girl, Frost stood up. "We don't have parents. We've been alone all our life." I felt sorry for them. I should be happy. At least I have a home.

 

     I looked at them. "Would you like to live with me?" Most of them were older then me but I saw hope in their eyes. They nodded and I led them to my home. We had form a gang by then. We left our true names behind as we left our past behind. We would support each other though think and thin. I loved them, no matter what happened they were the start of our new life.

 

 

     We didn't like it but our gang had stole from other people. We used our baby image to seem innocent but in reality we were cruel. We had to steal to be able to get food. I hope our victim realized that. No matter what, we had survive. Our gang starting at age 8 was the reason we were one of the top now. Years of practice made us close to perfect.

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

     I barged into our home. "Midnight? You home!" Midnight basically floated downstairs.

 

     "Hey Burning Angel, how's school?"

 

     "Dreadful, I wish you were there."

 

     "Why doing you join our little school in the southern part."

 

     "You know I was lucky to be accepted here. I need to do well to make sure I can support you."

 

     "I understand but still..."

 

     Frost and Black Shadow came down. "Hey there-"

 

     "-Burning Angel." Black Shadow finished. Black Shadow was so in tune with Frost she could finish her sentences.

 

     "Hey gals. What's up."

 

     "Our base in the South-"

 

     "-was invaded by 2pm."

 

     "Let me dress and we'll go kick there arse."

 

     I went upstairs to change. With an all black outfit and a small pistol I walk out towards the warehouse with the buttercups. 2pm, you may be guys but we'll be sure to make you cry in the end.

 

 

A/N: Hi! What do you think of the first chapter? I hope you guys enjoyed it. Gomawo and Saranghae my lovely readers!!!!

If you dont know yet. Key is my bias in SHINee

 

Saranghae everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3