What My Heart Says

How Far Will We Go

Aiden went back to his room. Jessica didn't say a word when he walked out the door.

Neither of them clarified their feelings, they were too scared of what to do if Krystal found out.

He hated himself. What kind of person would do this to an angel, a warm, sweet girl? How could he... do this... to Krystal... for a girl he liked back in high school...

"Henry." He called out to his roommate.

"What?" His friend looked up, annoyed to be called while doing homework.

"Nevermind." He shook his head. He couldn't tell Henry. He would tell Krystal, or guilt trip him into telling her.

"Whatever." Henry muttered, finishing up a calculation.

Aiden laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His heart was yearning for Jessica. Why?!?! He slapped his chest. Stupid heart. Beat for Krystal instead!

He closed his eyes. He knew deep down that it was impossible for him to love Krystal more. Because Jessica never left. Because Jessica was in control of his heart.

Should he break up with Krystal? And ask Jessica to be his girlfriend? What if Jessica didn't actually love him. What if it was the spur of the moment?

What should he do. He was caught between two polar options. Stay with Krystal, with the chance of being unhappily, and be good. Or crawl to Jessica because of a high school crush?

Aiden sighed. Henry twitched. "What is your problem?"

"Huh?" Aiden looks at his friend.

"Why are you depressed looking with the long sighs? What's up?" Henry shifted his position.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Aiden lied.

"Don't lie to me you fat ball of weakness."

"I'm not lying."

"How long have I known you?" His friend twirled a pencil.

"Um... five, six years?"

"Eight." Henry corrected. "And all those times you tried to lie, I called you on it."

"Yeah." Aiden nods.

"So what makes you think I think you're lying right now."

"Because I'm lying."

"Exactly. Now tell me bro." Henry halted with narrow eyes. "Is has something to do with Jessica right?"

His eyes widen. "How'd... yes."

"Ah... you realized that you have feelings for her and you did something very... very bad." Henry predicted with a finger snap.

Aiden nodded slightly.

"What did you do? It can't be that you slept with her right?"

Aiden didn't respond.

"You slept with her..." Henry said.

Aiden shook his head. "I was about to."

"What stopped you?"

"Krystal called." Aiden lay his head in his hands.

"That's some messed up situation." Henry agreed. "What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know." Aiden sighed.

"Do you like Jessica?" Henry asked simply.

"I guess."

"You guess?"

"I... she's... I don't know."

"Who do you want to see right now?"

"Jes... sica." Aiden pulled his hair. "She's in my mind. She won't leave."

"Then I think... you should end it with Krystal."

Aiden frowned. "Why?"

"You can't have two girlfriends." Henry threw his hands up in exasperation.

"Why do you choose Jessica over Krystal?"

"You've liked her since freshman year." Henry explains. "Didn't you say that you dated Krystal because she reminds you of Jessica?"

Aiden nods. He did. They glared. Were sweet. Kind. And had that certain charm.

"Then you should go for the original. Not the copy." Henry pats his friends shoulder.

"Thanks." Aiden is still torn.

"Krystal is pretty, she can move on easy."

"You're right." Aiden agrees. Krystal was popular in high school. Why she dated him was still a mystery.

"Go on and make up with Jessica. Deal with Krystal once she comes back." Henry returns to his homework.

Aiden grabbed his jacket and headed to Jessica's room.

He tapped once, hoping she would answer. Instead another girl did.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked.

Aiden looked behind her. He saw Jessica huddled on her bed.

"Can I speak with Jessica?" He looked back to the roommate.

"She doesn't want to speak to anyone right now." Her friend explains, closing the door.

"Please." Aiden pleaded.

"I'll ask, but I can't guarantee it."

Her friend goes to Jessica, whispers in her ear, and nods.

"She'll be right out at the courtyard in five minutes." Her friend closed the door.

Aiden headed outside. It was breezy. His jacket wasn't enough to keep warm.

He waited for ten minutes, sitting down at a bench looking at the trees. He spotted the bench where him and Krystal sat, sending him into sad memories.

"You wanted to talk?" Jessica approached him in, wearing a long coat.

He smiled weakly at her, motioning her to sit. "I had some words to say."

She sat down, a bit worried about his words. He might draw the line on their friendship and that scared her. She knew it was a horrible thing to do to another girl, but her feelings couldn't be helped.

Jessica sat a far bit away from Aiden. He turned to her. "I like you. Still." He confesses, looking at his hands.

Her heart fluttered. What did he just say? "What?"

"I said. I like you." Aiden pulls closer to Jessica. His eyes looming over hers. They were dark. "I want to know if you feel the same way."

Her lips curved in a smile. "And if I do?"

Aiden wrapped his arms around Jessica. "Then be mine."

She couldn't believe his words. His embrace brought her happiness. She was so happy, tears began forming.

Aiden became worried. He bent down so he was level with her. "What's wrong noona?"

"I'm so happy." She cries.

He pulls her closer, to his chest. "I am too." His heart was pacing quickly. He felt warm when Jessica said she liked him.

"I'm cold." She shivered. Under the coat she wore was her pajamas.

He thought for a moment. Then he pulled out his phone, messaging Henry to leave the room for the night.

"Noona, I'm not letting you go to your room tonight." He warned.

She raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"You're coming to mine." He kneeled in front of her. "Get on my back, its warmer this way."

She was hesistant.

"Please get on?" Aiden sent her a pout.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he grabbed her legs, easily carrying her to his dorm.

He could feel her breath on his neck. And he could also hear her heartbeat. It was beating fast, similar to his. He smiled and walked faster.

They reached his room, it was empty of Henry. He let her down and took her coat. She looked at him. "Do you keep any condoms?"

"We're not having ." Aiden said. "I just want to sleep with you. It feels like you'll disappear if I don't."

She nods with a grim expression.

"Why?" He smirked. "Did you want to?"

Her eyes grow large. "No... no..."

"My bed is on the right. Get comfy." He nudged her. "I need to change."

She made way to his bed. Jessica laid down, and sniffed his pillow. It was his scent. It comforted her and made her smile. Then she saw the photo, of Aiden with Krystal.

Aiden came back in shorts and a muscle shirt. "Ah." He grabbed the picture of him and Krystal, and put it under the bed. "Sorry."

She noticed it and gave a sad smile. "Did you talk to her?"

"Lets keep this quiet from her. For now." Aiden suggested. "Her grandma's not doing well, so I imagine she isn't either."

He pulled the covers and Jessica obediently went under them. Aiden laid down beside her, facing her.

She stared at him with her large brown eyes. Her hand came to touch his nose.

He raised an eyebrow.

"I always wanted to do this." She murmured softly, moving onto his eyebrows, smoothing them out.

He emitted a soft sigh when her hands stopped at his hand. Their fingers intertwined and Aiden frowned.

"I can't believe this is happening." His other hand pulled her closer. He left it resting on her waist. "The fact that you're in my plain sight, makes me happy."

She leans forward to kiss him gently. She pulls back and touches his lips.

He lowers his head and kisses her index finger. She giggles and he smiles. Her giggling energized him. He wanted to hear more.

"I can make you happy." He said confidently.

"I know you can."