The Truth

How Far Will We Go

Aiden opened his door and walked in. He was followed by his girlfriend, who was now silent. He closed the door, locking it.

He dropped his bag and turned to take hers, placing it on the couch.

She was standing still in the middle of the room. He took her hand and led her to his bed, having her sit down.

Her face was bright red, but she didn't say anything. Aiden began to her blouse, starting from the top. He watched her closely. He caught a glimpse of her bra and leaned down to kiss her neck, eyes still on her. She was tense.

He lowered her to the bed and got on top. His lips kissed the top of her right chest, close to the edge of her bra. Her face was pulled in a grimace.

Aiden understood his girlfriend's reaction. She wasn't ready. He grabbed both sides of her blouse and covered her up. Then he sat on the edge of the bed.

Her eyes opened with confusion. "What's the matter?"

He smiled. "I told you that I'm not going to force you."

She sat up quickly. "Sorry."

"Don't be." He kissed above her right ear. She turned her head to kiss him deeply, her hand reaching up to his face.

As they got more passionate, the door opened. Henry walked in.

Henry awkwardly looked away. "The fuc... How many times did I tell you to text me beforehand?"

Krystal turned away, buttoning her shirt. Her face was still flushed.

Aiden shrugged. "Sorry."

"Anyway. Guess who I met today." Henry pulled Jessica into the dorm.

Krystal finished buttoning when Jessica saw her. The red marks around her neck was easy to see. Aiden saw her eyes flicker to him.

He felt his heart tighten. He had a girlfriend. He shouldn't like Jessica anymore. Why was his heart still hurting? He wanted to explain that nothing happened, why?

"Sorry if we interrupted." Jessica apologized with a small smile. That face stabbed Aiden in the heart.

Krystal shook her head. "It's nothing."

"Oh you two haven't met, right Aiden?" Henry asks.

He nods. "Krystal transferred after you graduated." His eyes were locked on Jessica.

"My name is Jessica." She said and Krystal introduced herself.

"Hi. I'm Krystal." Krystal walked up to shake her hand. Jessica shook it and looked to Henry.

"Maybe we should have a reunion another time." She suggested. "And we should let these two continue."

Krystal shook her head. "No. No. I need to leave. You three go on."

Krystal grabbed her bag, heading towards the door.

"I'll be back." Aiden muttered as he followed her out.

Aiden took her to the entrance of the dorm. "Sorry about them."

Krystal shakes her head. "I'm sorry that they had to see me like that. Especially Henry. I need to say sorry, else he'll have wet dreams about me." She smiles.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He fixed her collar, so it would hide the hickeys. Then he kissed her on the lips.

"Bye." She smiled as she left.

Aiden watched her leave his view and headed back to his room with a frown. He couldn't possibly have lingering feelings for Jessica right? No. He wasn't. It was just that Jessica was his first love, well first unrequited love. He wasn't really in love with Jessica.

He walked back into the room and saw Jessica sitting on the couch. Henry was in the bathroom.

"Sorry about that." He apologized to Jessica.

She shook her head. "I should say sorry, I even told you I was busy today."

"Did you reschedule? Or something." He sat down beside her.

"No, I was talking to Henry, he's a close friend. We talked a lot after I graduated." She explained. "I didn't realize you were dorm buddies."

He nods. Inside, he was angry. Henry didn't tell him that he talked to her.

"So, it seems that we interrupted each other." He faked a laugh.

"I guess." She smiled.

Henry walked back out, refreshed. "So. How far did you get with Krystal?"

Aiden frowned. He glanced at Jessica before responding. "We weren't doing anything."

"Why was her blouse ed?" Henry wagged his eyebrows. "Having some fun without ?"

Aiden scowled at his friend. "No."

"Probably." Henry laughed. "Look at his face."

Jessica looked at him. Her face wasn't sad or angry. She seemed unaffected by it and that made Aiden a bit angry. She truly didn't care about me, he thought.

She checked her watch. "It's getting dark, rain check?"

Henry shrugged. "I'll see you tomorrow, I guess?"

She nodded, standing up. Aiden stood up too. "I'll you home, it's dark."

Jessica shook her head. "I live in the dorms too."

"Still. I suggest and we barely talked." Aiden insisted.

She gave in and Aiden grabbed a jacket on the way out. Henry shook his head. "You still like her..."

Aiden walked beside Jessica.

"You had a girlfriend." She commented. "And a pretty one at that."

Aiden nodded. "I met her after you left."

"It's a shame." She said. He looked at her. "I didn't get to see you move on."

He looked at the trees they passed. "Noona."

She turned to him. "Hmm?"

He wanted to kiss her. That was bad. He thought of Krystal. "Nothing. Did you find a boyfriend at college?"

"Nope. None of them were worth my time." She shrugged. "All of them want ."

"Oh." He looked at the upcoming buildings. The female dorms was one of them.

"Your girlfriend won't be happy to find out you walked me home." She teased.

"She's... it's fine." He stopped at the door. "Good night noona."

"Good night Aiden." She said softly and headed inside. Her last words struck Aiden. He had to snap out of it. Why was he harboring such feelings for a girl that wasn't his own???

He held his heart. "Jessica."

Jessica made it to her room before her tears welded up. "You moved on..."

It was her fault. She rejected him. But after she did, she kept thinking about him. About how kind he was.

After she graduated, Henry kept her posted about how he was doing. Why didn't Henry tell her about the fact that he had a girlfriend?

Tears dripped down her face. She liked Aiden. But it started after she left him.

He had changed so much.

Her roommate tried to comfort her, but it was useless. The guy she loved didn't love her anymore. He moved on.

A small part of her wished that he still had feelings for her.