Hotel

How Far Will We Go

"She doesn't want to talk to you..." The girl closed the door.

"Wait. Tell her that I need to see her here." Amber handed the roommate a piece of paper. "If she doesn't show up then I'll stop coming."

She rolls her eyes.

Amber sends her a smile. "Thanks."

"Whatever Aiden." The girl slams the door in Amber's face. Looks like Aiden screwed up big time.

She whistles as she makes her way to Aiden's dorm. This was a lot harder than she expected. What if they didn't show up? They had to, else Krystal would be sad. Maybe Krystal still liked Aiden, Amber wouldn't care since she was still with her. And they looked like twins. Amber had the better personality for sure.

She made her way to the front of her door and knocked three times.

No one answered.

She knocked again.

Heavy footsteps approached the door from the other side.

The door slowly opened with Aiden peeking. "What do- oh it's you."

"Yes me." Amber tapped the door. "Got any plans tonight?"

"Yes in fact I do." Aiden points back to his bed. "I'm having a date with my bed. It gets lonely"

"..." Her hands search her pocket. "Jessica wanted me to give you this. Said something about your last chance?"

"Why would she give that to you?" Aiden tentatively grabbed the paper.

"Well her roommate did. And she thought I was you." Amber brushed her hair to the side. "Kinda so I'm going to dye my hair so people don't confuse us."

"Thanks." Aiden waved bye before Amber pitched her foot into the doorway.

"Makeup works everytime."

"... That is the last thing I want to think about."

"When was the last time you had fun with Jessica?"

"... I don't need to answer this."

"As a girl.... it's important to do it often. When Krystal goes down-" Aiden muffled .

"I get it. Shut up."

Amber grins. "So go do it and leave my Krystal alone."

Aiden stared Amber until she became uncomfortable.

"I'll leave now but make sure to go." Amber strongly urged. "Something tells me if you don't, she'll go to that dark girl."

"..."

"Kay bye." Amber waves as she shuffles down the hall.

***

Aiden scoffs as he stands in the hotel room. What was Jessica planning? He was in the fanciest hotel room ever. There was a indoor hottub, a view to kill for, and a bed with roses in the shape of a heart. This didn't seem right. Jessica was angry with him so why this event?

He walked into the balcony and looked at the tiny people on the street. They were bustling about, living their life. And maybe they had troubled like him too. He froze when he heard the door clicked open behind him.

He glanced back and was met with disappointment. It was the food Jessica had ordered. Yet Jessica wasn't in sight.

"Will this be all sir?" The lady asked him.

Aiden nodded.

"There's a lady standing outside the door. Is she your friend?"

Aiden frowned as the lady quickly left with a smile. He stepped outside the door to find Jessica in a stunning dress. She was wearing heels and her hair was made in the most beautiful fashion. Aiden had words stuck in his throat. He cleared his throat and he immediately regretted it. It caught her attention and her eyes sent a jolt that resonated from his head to his toes.

"Hi." Aiden managed to say. "You look bea-."

Without a word, Jessica stepped into the room.

Aiden felt his heart sink but he was still amazed at her beauty. He closed the door behind him and watched as Jessica made her way to the table. He watched as she began to eat without him. Okay... Was she here just for the food? She was obviously still angry. What could he say to fix this? Then he noticed her shoulders tremble and a hand covered to muffle her cry. Aiden instinctively went to her and was hesistant to touch her. He watched as she continued to cry and eat at the same time. "What are you doing?" Aiden was still confused. His quiet voice made Jessica stop.

"Ignoring you." Jessica glared as best as she could but her mascara was running and tears streamed down her face.

He brought his chair right beside her and sat down. "Okay then... Keep ignoring me. I'll be right here when you're ready."

She grimaced and slapped him on his shoulder. It was a spicy slap. "I hate you."

Aiden nods and gives her a small smile. "I don't."

Jessica sent another glare at him. "Are you going to explain all of this?"

"All of what?"

"This hotel room." She threw her hand in the air.

"This wasn't you?" Aiden asked. A thought returned to Amber and the letter. Ohhh. It was Amber. Aiden screwed up again. Great.

"So it wasn't you." She stood up and headed for the door.

Aiden grabbed her waist from behind and pulled her to the bed. Kind of reckless. Actually very reckless.

She fell onto the bed with a flinch. She frowned at Aiden's advances. "Are you being serious right now?"

Aiden leaned forward and kissed her knee. She tried to get up but he gently pulled her back down. His eyes were avoiding hers. If she left then there really wouldn't be anything left. Tears were welding in his eyes. "Please."