Jealously Is A Strong Emotion

How Far Will We Go

"Where are you?" Jessica whispered as she blew on her hands. She was standing near the entrance of a shopping district. It was freezing cold.

"Where do you think I am?" His cheeky voice sped her heartbeat.

"Are you some place where you can see me?"

"Hmmm. Yes." His tone sent her jolts of happiness.

"Above or below?"

"In between." She rolled her eyes. What a obvious reply.

Her head spun, looking for Aiden. "Can you come to me? I'm lost."

"Not until you say something."

"Saranghae?"

There was no response.

"Hello?"

She could hear him laughing.

"What? Did you want to hear something else?"

"Yes! I wanted to hear you say 'please'. But this will do. Wait a bit?" The line went dead.

Suddenly Jessica felt hands wrap around her from behind. "Jjan!" Her boyfriend was wearing a beanie and thick layers. His smile melted and set her temperature rising.

"Hi." She tiptoed to kiss him.

"Good morning." He pulled her into a tight embrace. "You're cold."

"Buy me something warm." Jessica suggests. "Hot choco or coffee."

"Hmmm." He snuggles into her neck. "I want some dukbokggi."

"Ahh. Me too!" begins to water at the thought.

"Then lets go!" He propells her forward and they walk like awkward penguins on ice.

They sat down at a dukbokggi stand and Aiden smiled at Jessica. Her nose was red along with her cheeks and she appeared so cute. She blew her warm breath on her hands, her eyes glued to the bubbling red sauce filled with rice cakes.

She slapped his arm. "Stop staring at me."

"No." He set his elbow on the table and rested his chin on it.

"My nose is running and I'm a slob when I eat."

"I know." His lips curved to a smile.

"Plus I'm on my peri-" His hand covered .

"Okay okay I get it." He sighs in relief. The menstrual cycle is an uncomfortable topic. Blood. From. Yuck.

"Ahjumma make it super spicy please!"

The old lady nodded with smiling eyes. "Is the young man your boyfriend?"

Jessica nods. "Isn't he handsome?" Her hand reaches up to his chin and she shows the ahjumma the different features of his face.

"Mmm he is handsome."

"Thank you." Aiden bows politely with gratitude.

"Since you two have pretty faces, your children will be pretty too." The ahjumma passes the bowl of hot steaming food to Jessica and Aiden.

"Ah." Jessica was taken aback. She glanced at Aiden, who was thanking the ahjumma. Children would only happen in marriage and the two of them only met for a short time.

"Auntie, could we get a discount, we are college students." Aiden pouts his lips. He sends her a heart and twists his shoulders. "Please noonim?"

"Ahu! Arasso, I'll cut your price in half." She says. "Take care of your girlfriend, she looks like she needs a lot of love."

"Neh." Aiden smiles. The ahjumma walks over to another customer and Aiden picks up a fork.

Jessica glares at him. How dare he send a heart to the ahjumma. The old woman's heart could have wavered.

He hands her a fork too and looks at her. She was glowering at him.

"Jessica?" He frowns. Then he leans closer to whisper. "Why? Does it taste bad?"

She narrows her eyes. "You player."

"Huh?"

"Yah!" She kicks his leg. He yelps with pain.

"W-what? Why'd you kick me?" He is confused. The mood was good. What happened?

"Do you always flirt with older women?" Her voice pierces at him. "I am right here, you know?"

"What are you talking about? Flirt? Older women?"

"You know what I'm talking about." She scowls. Her mood swings are all over the place.

"I don't. I just asked the ahjumma for a discount." He reasoned. Why was she angry?

"Did you have to send her a heart and all those stupid gestures?"

"She's a married woman, it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does." She crosses her arms.

"Are you jealous?" He pokes a rice cake stiffly.

Her face twitches.

"You are jealous." Aiden rephrases.

"I-I-I can't be jealous?" She responds unreasonably loud.

He chuckles, looking down at the dish. "You can. There isn't a rule that says you can't."

"That's right." She jabs at a rice cake violently. "Just be careful who you wag your eyes at."

"Why, so you know who to send daggers at?"

"Yes." She replies, her intent was no joke. She would slap them repeatedly and probably pull their hair.

"Hmm." He raises an eyebrow. "You love me that much?"

"Yes." She leans closer, her voice warning. "Be careful who your female friends are. If they so much as smile at you the wrong way, I'll send them packing."

"Hahahahahahah." He bursts into laughter. "How? How can a small girl like you hurt anyone?"

"... I'm not small."

"Okay, fun sized." He corrected.

"I'm average." She stuffs her faces with ddukbokggi.

"Mm average face and small body." Aiden winks at her small chest.

Jessica puts down her fork. "How can you say that to your girlfriend?"

He scoots closer to her. "It's because YOU ARE my girlfriend that I can."

"That is the dumbest excuse ever, you should be complimenting how gorgeous I am and how size doesn't matter." She says, her eyes glued on his giving a indirect hint.

He catches on. "It isn't."

"Really?"

"Yes and I love you so so so so much because you are..., you know."

"Sure, you even cheated on me with that ahjumma."

Aiden focuses on her lips. Puffy and vibrant red from the dukbokggi. So tantalizing. Lips that are raw.

His face moves to hers. Twelve inches decrease to one. Millimeters from her lips. Those appealing lips.

Plop. She eats another rice cake and frowns. "Oh you noticed?"

Aiden pulls back awkwardly. "Noticed what?"

"My new earrings." Her free hand touches her ear.

"Yeah. I. Earrings. Noticed." He stammers. People around him were giving him a smug grin. Kiss. Rejected. Sigh.

"I won't accept anymore kisses today." Jessica says as her hand reached for the cup of water.

"Aish." He grumbles, head cast down with disappointment.

"What did you plan for today?" She changes the subject.

Aiden scratches his hair. "I wanted to take you to the aquarium, but since you're bleeding, I can't."

"Let's go. I won't attract any sharks."

"And you are somewhat scary today." He mumbles.

"What was that?"

"I said sure, why not. I need to see some penguins."

"I want to see turtles!" She squeals high pitch.

He winces. "Just promise me you won't break the glass."

"I accept that challenge!" Jessica smirks.

"... I won't save you from the sharks if you do."

"Don't worry. I'll have the dolphins on my side."