I See Her

How Far Will We Go

Aiden sighed. The awkward silence of entering a class already started was a great way to start the day.

It was his first day of university. And he slept late. Mostly because his dorm buddy, Henry, was drinking, so he did too.

He sent the professor a small bow, as an apology. Making his way to the back, he noticed a familiar face. One he didn't expect to see in this class.

Jessica Jung.

She saw him enter as well, eyes on him as he sat beside her. She was sitting alone. Girls in the class continued to stare until the professor called attention to lecture.

Aiden couldn't believe it. She would finally see how much he had changed. He worked his off for the past two years to ensure that he could go to the same university as her.

He leaned on his hand, elbow on the desk, and would occasionally look at her.

She hadn't changed much. Only the way she dressed. Her appearance seemed more adultlike. More feminine and beautiful.

Their professor gave time to speak to one another and Aiden took the chance to speak to her.

"It's been a while president." He smiled.

Jessica turned to him. She hadn't seen him for two years. After she had rejected him, he disappeared from her line of sight. She smiled back. "It has."

"So you are taking Korean history?" He asked.

"It's a class I wanted to take, but they only offered it this year." She replied.

He nodded. Changing subjects, Aiden said. "You look very different."

She nodded. "I'm not confined to wearing my uniform to school anymore. You look different too."

Aiden sends her a smile. "I am different."

"I see." She agrees. He had changed. His hair was shorter, but the same style. His body had become more manlier, likely due to working out.

"So, what are you doing after this?"

"I have a class." She replied.

"Oh. So when are you free?" He asked. "We should catch up."

"My day's booked. Sorry." She apologized. "Maybe tomorrow."

Aiden nodded. "Maybe tomorrow."

Their professor resumed lecture and once class was over, Jessica left to her next class.

Aiden went to the gym. Yes the gym. He works out now. His skinny body was smaller than Jessica and that itself was a problem. He didn't seem masculine. So he asked Henry if he could work out with him.

While lifting, a girl came up to him.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hello?" He smiled back.

"I'm new here, could you help me?" Her eyes scanned his body.

He shrugged. "Sure. Do you want me to spot you?"

She nods, grabbing his hand. "My name's Hyuna."

"Mine is Aiden." He says as she lays down at the bench. He stands above her head, and observes her bar. She, on the other hand, looked at his shorts. She pushed the bar up, slowly, letting out soft groan. He paid no mind. He was focused on the bar.

"That's ten." He said as she raised the bar. "One more?"

She sighed and sat up. "Can't you tell I'm trying to flirt with you?"

"Flirt?" He gave a blank stare.

"Yes, you are hot." She rolls her eyes. "How about it?"

"About what?" He asked.

She leaned up to whisper in his ear. "Want to go to the showers and have some fun?"

He pulled away in shock. She sent him a wink. "I'm sorry. I'm not interested."

"..." Hyuna shrugged. "If you change your mind, I'll be around."

Aiden went over to another station and resumed working out.

He came out of the gym at around twelve. He wore a cap over his messed up hair, he didn't bring wax to fix it after the shower.

Walking around campus, he felt a bunch of eyes on him. It was uncomfortable.

He sat at a picnic bench and opened his bookbag. Today's Korean history homework was to read a few chapters. The sun was out and it was pleasantly warm, so he began reading.

The past two years, Aiden shifted priorities. He studied more, even asked for private tutors and in his free time, he went to the gym. He was accepted into Seoul University. When that letter came, he nearly cried.

A small part of his heart belonged Jessica, no one else would ever take that spot, but the other part was taken. He found a girlfriend.

His phone vibrated and he checked the message. It was from Henry, saying that he would be bringing a friend over.

Aiden peered at the trees. They were blooming pink blossoms, petals flying through the breezes. They eased Aiden's heart. It was comforting.

"Guess who?" A pair of hands close around his face.

He smiled. "Krystal?"

She laughed and sat beside him. "What are you doing alone?"

"Studying." He grinned. "How was your day?"

"Boring." She looked at his book. "Korean history? You're not even Korean."

"That's why I need to know it?" Aiden replied. "So when I get married to a Korean girl, her parents won't think I'm some stupid foreigner."

She smiled and kissed him gently on the lips. "I don't think your stupid."

He grinned, pulling in for another kiss. "Don't tempt me with only one kiss."

She giggled as he pressed his lips against hers. The kiss felt nice. He smiled at her, rubbing their nose together. "Are you hungry?"

She nods. "I want gogi!"

"I'll buy." He kisses her again. He grabs her hand, slinging his back over his shoulder. "Let's go."

She linked arms with him and leaned on his shoulder.

They headed over to the school cafeteria, it was a like a buffet so Krystal and him split ways to get their food.

They sat at a window table. Aiden had his plate loaded with fruits and vegetables. He was eating healthy for lunch. Krydtal had a stack of chicken and rice.

"Why do you eat like that." Krystal pouts. "It makes me look unhealthy."

He laughs. "You are unhealthy."

"..." She gave him a glare, one that resembled Jessica. A small reason why Aiden decided to date Krystal was because of the similarities between her and Jessica. It was stupid, he knew, to have a girlfriend that reminded him of another girl, but he couldn't help it. When Jessica graduated, Krystal transferred from LA, so they connected easy.

He watched as his girlfriend ate the chicken with a face of pleasure. She really liked meat.

"So, how were your classes?" She asked.

"Great, I met an old friend in my history class." He kept her name out, because Krystal would get angry.

"Cool. There are a bunch of guys in my physics class, and one of them is so annoying. He keeps asking for my number." She jabs the next chicken in frustration.

"What's his name?" He asks, a bit protective.

"Suho." Krystal rolls his eyes. "So annoying."

Aiden smiles at his girlfriend's cuteness. He pulls her chin to him and kisses her. "Allow me to talk to him."

"Thank you." Krystal beams and presumes eating.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Jessica. Her blonde hair was eye catching. She was sitting at a table with a group of girls. She sat facing him and he caught her staring.

She smiled, waving, and Aiden waved back.

Krystal was preoccupied with eating and didn't notice Aiden wave. She looked at Aiden, who smiled at her. Her face became red. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" He asked innocently.

Her flushed face made Aiden chuckle.

"Want to go back to my dorm after?" He asked with a smirk. Her eyes grew wide. "I'm kidding."

"I-if you want." She shyly looked away. "If it's you..."

He softened up, caressing her face. "Don't ever say that again."

"Huh?" Krystal frowned.

"I might actually take you and do some dirty things to you." His thumb rubbed circles around her cheek.

She held his hand. "I'm not that innocent."

He leans back. "I didn't say you were. I just want you to be careful with those type of words. I won't force you."

She looks down. "I know."

He sighs. "Now I made you sad. Want to go shopping instead?" He stands up, pulling out his wallet. She grabs his arm.

"Let's go to your dorm." She says quietly.

Aiden looks at her for a moment. "Okay."