Everyone Knows

How Far Will We Go

It's been a week since he last saw her. Seven days. Aiden wiped his runny nose as he scrambled to his history class. They were approaching the last few days of the class. Jessica arrived late, and sat up at the front. She wouldn't even look in his direction. 

Aiden was fine. He was... He didn't cry, nor did he mope in his bed. He just... Moved on...

"Hey. This is the last assignment." A girl passed to him a sheet of paper. 

"Thanks." Aiden mumbled as he looked forward. His eyes left his teacher to Jessica. Her long locks fell down her back. She was wearing a rather revealing outfit. Her shirt was transparent and her bra straps could be seen. 

Aiden looked around. Other guys were also staring at her. They said something erted and rude about Jessica, which made him react. 

He slammed the desk, making the people around him jump. He cleared his throat. "The professor's speaking." 

The elder man smiled gratefully and began lecturing. 

Rather than focusing on the project, his eyes wandered again. To Jessica. 

She was the one who didn't trust him. Who didn't even try. If she was at fault, why did he feel so messed up. He wants to go and talk it out with her. 

But his pride won't let him. She was wrong. She had to realize that. 

The professor ended early and Aiden dashed out the door. He didn't want to look at her face. If he did, he would just crumble in front of her. 

He stopped and leaned against the wall. His breath was erratic. Their quarter was ending within two weeks. Once it ended, he wouldn't get to see her. They would move on to other people. 

Aiden quickly wiped the impending tears. He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't. 

A hand tapped his shoulder. He turned. It was the girl from earlier. "You left this, it's the layout for our project."

Her expression became shocked. "Are you okay?" 

Aiden gave a sad smile. "I'm fine. Thanks."

"You are on the verge of tears." She stated. 

He gave a confusing nod. 

"Because you had a fight with your girlfriend." 

He nodded again. "Um, excuse me, but are you a psychic?"

She laughed. "Naw, everyone noticed how you and Jessica sat apart today. We all thought, they're either broken up or fighting."

"Oh." He was wondering why people were staring at him more than usual. 

"You should make up with her." She suggested. "A girl like her isn't on the market for long." 

"A girl like her? What kind of girl is she? Do you mind telling me?" He tilted his head. Did they see and know the Jessica he did? 

"Uh..."

"Exactly. I have to go now. Thanks again." He walks back to the dorm and opens the door. Henry never locks up. Henry is frightened as he sees Aiden. 

"Hey. What's up?" He asked Aiden, he looked like he was scared. 

Someone was in the bathroom. 

"Oh do you have a guest?" 

Henry nodded. "Now is not a good time."

Jessica stepped out. "Yah. Where are your towels..." 

She stopped when she saw Aiden. 

Aiden looked at her, then at Henry. 

Henry was fearful of both of them. They looked pissed. 

Aiden grabbed Henry by the collar. "What the hell is this?" 

"This is not what it looks like." Henry raised his hands defensively. He's been in a similar situation many many times. 

Aiden didn't let go. His grip was concrete. Jessica ran to pull him away. 

"Why is my girlfriend in our dorm?!?!" Aiden pulls Henry, making him trip onto the ground. 

"Stop it!" Jessica screamed as she grabbed his arms. 

Aiden glared at Henry, his eyes were deadly. 

He let go and exhaled with a scowl. "You come talk to him?" He points to Henry. "Him who uses girls like he uses toys."

"He's a good friend of mine and yours too." Jessica glared back. 

He pulled Henry up, Jessica tried to stop him. Aiden pushed Henry out and locked the doors. 

Jessica stepped back as Aiden took a step closer. She gave him a glare but he wasn't buying it. 

Her hands were shaking. She was scared.Her hands reached out behind her and grabbed a book. It was her weapon. 

Aiden came up closer. He was an arm's length away from touching her. 

She stiffened. "Don't come closer." The book covered her torso. 

He stops as he is inches from her face. Her face turns red as she closes her eyes. 

Aiden leans down and grabs his keys from the desk. He leaves the room immediately. 

Jessica opens her eyes, confused and embarrassed. 

Henry was sitting outside. "Did you guys make up?

Aiden shakes his head. "Sorry."

"It was my fault. She was crying all night. Because of you." Henry opened the door. "When you're ready, go talk to her."

Aiden shoved his keys into his pocket and headed outside. 

"Yah!" An arm swung over his shoulder. 

Aiden didn't budge. Rather the attacker was bent backwards. 

It was Krystal. Her girlfriend trailed behind her. 

"Get your hands off of me." Aiden peeled off her arm. 

"Wah. So mean." Krystal frowned. "Did you cry?"

"No!" He nearly shouts. He didn't. His eyes were just watery.

"Doesn't he look like he's crying?" Krystal asks Amber. 

Amber nods. "Did you fight with Jessica?"

"Did you tell her everything?" Aiden asked Krystal. She nodded. 

"She needs to know why I love and cherish her openly now." Krystal pokes Amber. 

"You two had ." He said. It wasn't a question. It was a fact. 

Krystal nodded and Amber turned red. 

"Why? Is Jessica innocent and says no?"

"She said she wasn't ready." Aiden scowls. "It's a long story."

Krystal looked at Amber. Amber shook her head strongly. Krystal pinched her. The other girl sighed. 

Krystal pointed to the sky. "With our powers combined. We will help you!" She shouted, Amber mumbled alongside her. 

"Jeez. You so embarrassed." Krystal laughed at Amber. "Anyways tell us what happened."

"Why?"

"Huh?" Krystal frowned and slapped him. "As previous lovers, we must help each other so we don't fall in love again. Duh?"

Amber nods strongly. "Soojung is mine." Her arms wrap around Krystal as if to pull her away from Aiden. 

"..." Aiden rolls his eyes. 

"Hurry up, our powers are on limited time." Krystal tapped her wrist watch.