Keep You Alone

How Far Will We Go

"You said you'd be coming alone." Aiden grumbled. He was sitting upside down on his bed so his head was dangling off. His forehead was exposed because his hair was being pulled by gravity.

"She found out where I live." Jessica sighed. He could hear the other voices, Yuri and Shannon, in the background. "Is it a long process to get a restraining order?"

"Probably. I don't know." Aiden watched as Henry walked in with nothing but a towel. "Henry just finished so we'll be there in a few."

"I miss you." Jessica sounds sad.

"I do too. You should really tell Yuri off though." Aiden sat up and put on a hat. He nodded to the door and Henry gave him a thumbs up.

"She keeps bouncing back. I don't know how to get rid of her."

"Say you're not attracted to girls."

"..." The line was silent.

"You're attracted to girls..." Aiden stated. His hand massaged his temple softly.

"Not like how I am with you?" Jessica returned, her words becoming unsure.

"Okay. So you're bi?"

"I like girls but not romantically?"

"Then how are you attracted to them.... ually?"

"..."

"Babe, you're starting to make me get scared." Aiden admited. His girlfriend just told him that she was attracted ti both girls and boys.

"For girls, it's infatuation. For you, it's love? I think that's how I feel." Jessica replied. He could tell she was smiling.

"... I'll see you in a few."

***

Henry and Aiden trudged along to the cafe, talking about Aiden's chat with Jessica. Henry comforted him and told him that it's fine. They made their way to the cafe right next to their dorm. When they walked in, Yuri threw her hand in the air to let them find the group. The three of them were sitting next to the fireplace. Yuri was obviously beside Jessica. Jessica had her eyes locked onto Aiden. She appeared concerned about the phone call too. She could tell it got to him. Telling your boyfriend that you were attracted to girls sounds like he wasn't enough for her.

"Welcome back." Shannon pointed to the counter. "We got you guys some coffee, if that's okay."

Henry smiles. "And you are?"

"Shannon." She gave a polite bow.

"You're cute too." Henry sat beside her. Aiden pinched him but Henry shook him away. "What year are you?"

Aiden mentally facepalmed. His friend was weak to cute girls. And since he was hitting on Shannon, Yuri would have many chances to talk to Jessica. He sat on the opposite side of Yuri, facing both Yuri and Jessica. Yuri looked very comfortable next to Jessica.

"When did you guys meet up?" Aiden asked, opening his backpack to pull out his notebook. He tried to sound nonchalant but it wasn't working as well as he hoped. His voice sounded very blunt.

"I met her on her way out of her dorm." Yuri explained. "She lives in the same building. Crazy right?"

"Yeah... crazy." Aiden nodded. Yuri probably asked around.

Jessica gave a small smile. "Who knew right?" She seemed to be wary of Aiden's next move. Her eyes dotted back and forth from Yuri and Aiden.

"Aack!" Yuri grabbed her chest. "When did you become so cute?!"

Aiden felt his hand close up into a fist. He was twitching as well. Hitting a girl wasn't an option, even if they were attracted to the same gender.

Jessica stared at Yuri. "Could you stop? I have a boyfriend."

"I do too." Yuri pointed at Aiden. "And a girl friend." She then pointed at Shannon. "Nothing to worry about."

"I think you should stop too." Shannon warned as Henry was taking a break, sipping his coffee. Henry seemed to be more aware of the situation.  "She's going to fail you."

"I don't care." Yuri smirked. "As long as she goes out to dinner with me."

"..." Jessica sighed. "I don't date my students."

"Wait three months and I won't be." She leaned close to Jessica.

Aiden could feel his anger bubbling up from within. He was glaring at his legs so he wouldn't grab Yuri by the collar. His hands were in tight fists. Being the best friend as he was, Henry noticed this and skillfully spilled his coffee on Aiden, snapping him out of it. "Oh my bad dude!"

"..." Aiden stood up. "I'll be right back."

Jessica was about to stand up but Henry moved beside her. "Do you date the friends of your students?"

"Dude back off." Yuri warned. "You may be Aiden's friend, but I won't tolerate you hitting on Jessica."

"..." Henry scoffed. "And what do you think you're doing? You're doing the same exact thing as I am."

"I'm not making her uncomfortable am I?" Yuri crossed her arms. "This is why half the girls I've dated always regret dating boys."

"Excuse me?" Henry stood up. "Speak for yourself and not a small group of guys."

"You're one of them as well." Yuri stood up too.

"Don't lie, you have needs too." Henry coughed under his breath.

"Could you guys stop?" Shannon interrupted. "You two are acting like children. Cut it out. No more flirting."

"I'll flirt whenever I want." Yuri growled, grabbing Jessica's arm and dragging her out.

They bumped into Aiden, who was wiping the coffee stain with a napkin from the counter. He frowned at them. His attention was mostly on Yuri's grasp on Jessica. "Where are you guys going?"

"Somewhere without your friend." Yuri huffed. She glared back at the table. "He's got some issues."

Aiden pulled Yuri's hands off Jessica. "You shouldn't grab a girl that hard. It hurts them."

Jessica slowly massaged her wrist, grateful.

At that instant, Yuri seemed to snap out of it. "I'm so sorry!" Yuri turned to Jessica. "I didn't mean to, I swear. I just." Yuri bowed her head. "Sorry. I'll just uh..."

"It's okay..." Jessica said awkwardly. She moved closer to Aiden. "I think maybe we should reschedule then."

Yuri silently nodded. She quietly went back to the table and grabbed her things and quickly left. Once she was out of the cafe, Jessica left out a sigh.

"I'll be right back." Aiden gave a small smile.

He went over to the table with Henry and Shannon. "I think we should reschedule."

"Yes. Yes we should." Shannon agreed.

"Henry, go cool off. I'll drop you guys to your dorms." Aiden offered Shannon. Henry would definitely hit on her and maybe it was annoying Shannon too.

She shook her head. "I think I'll stay here and study. I'll keep an eye on Henry too."

"Thanks." Aiden waved bye. Henry limpfully waved bye too. Aiden could tell that Henry felt bad. It wasn't his fault since Aiden asked him.

He returned to Jessica within a few seconds. "Let's go?"

"Please." She looked back, making sure Shannon couldn't see. She wrapped her arms around him. She took in a deep breath, taking in the familiar scent and relieving her yearning feelings. "Your room please. I think I might stay the night."

Aiden shrugs. "And do what?"

"... Nothing dirty." Jessica glared at him. "I'm too stressed."

"But it helps." Aiden beams.

She was not amused.

"Fine, we'll just cuddle."