When She's Away

How Far Will We Go

Aiden got to class early this morning, despite sleeping late doing homework. His body had now been adjusted to lecture, work out, socialize, and homework.

Jessica was waved at him. He smiled and sat beside her. "Guess who is early?"

"You." She smiled.

"How was the homework?" Aiden asked, pulling out his folder.

"Easy." She replied grinning. "How about you?"

He gawked at her. "It was so hard for me."

"Show me where it was hard." She asked, leaning over to peer at his worksheet.

She was so close that he could smell her shampoo, which was strawberry. He gulped. His heartbeat was pumping loud in his ears.

Jessica looked expectantly at him. He pointed at number five.

"How did Korea fare during World War I." She murmured. "It's easy... Did you read the book?"

Aiden sat stiff as he Jessica glared at him. He shook his head.

"That's why. Read the book, then answer the questions." Jessica slapped his back.

He winced and nodded. "I'm sorry. I've just been busy lately."

She glares at him. "Stop wasting your time and playing around."

He raises an eyebrow. "You were the one who suggested bowling."

She turned away, a smile across her face. "Says who."

"Henry and me." Aiden smiles, leaning towards her.

"Henry and I." She corrected with a giggle.

"That's not the main issue!" Aiden thumps his hand on the table.

"Hey. You two lovebirds." The professor called out with his ruler. "Flirt elsewhere."

Aiden's ears turned red and Jessica blushed.

"Who's flirting?" Aiden called out. "I have a girlfriend."

"Is it that pretty young lady beside you?" A student called out. "If she isn't, I'd like to buy her dinner."

A bunch of woops came out from the guys.

Jessica frowned, looking at Aiden for his answer.

She must have been through a lot. He thought. She's so pretty, guys are attracted to her. I bet she's annoyed of them.

He cleared his throat. "Yes. She's my girlfriend... so back off."

The class burst into cheer. "Bbobbohae! Kiss her!"

Jessica's eyes widen. Why did he lie?

Aiden looked to the professor, who shrugged. "Go for it, I don't mind."

He looked to Jessica, who seemed a bit surprised. Aiden closed his eyes, to decide.

He then opened them, his hand reaching out to her chin. His lips pecked her cheek. And the class erupted.

What he didn't notice was that some people recorded it on their phones.

Jessica blushed and Aiden placed his head on the desk. Her heart was sporadic, he kissed her. Even though he kissed her on the lips two years ago, this one also made her heart skip a beat.

"Okay, settle down. Let's get back to the material. I'll give the talk another time." His last sentence earned him a cheer too.

Aiden laid his head down because he was guilty. He enjoyed that peck. He enjoyed spending time around Jessica. He had to fix this. It wasn't fair to Krystal. It wasn't fair for her to have a cheating boyfriend. He needs to reevaluate his feelings for Jessica.

Class ended and Aiden immediately apologized. "Sorry noona, I just wanted the guys to stay away from you."

"It's nothing." Jessica said quickly. "I don't want to be swarmed by guys anyways."

"Right? That helped you." Aiden agreed. "I like helping people. I mean... you know right? It wasn't a real kiss."

"Of course, it was a peck." Jessica faked a smile. "Don't go off telling that to Krystal, she'll kill me for sure."

"Yeah..." He scratched his head. "Are you free?"

"Huh. Is Krystal busy?"

"Oh I didn't tell you, Krystal is in America for the next two weeks. Her grandmother's sick right now, so she wanted to rest at home and say her goodbyes." Aiden rushed.

"Um... sure I guess." Jessica nodded.

"Great. Where do you want to go?" He asked eagerly.

"Anywhere is fine."

Aiden pursed his lips. "How about we go to bbq?" He waited for her answer.

"That sounds good." She her lips. "All you can eat bbq." She edited.

He smiled and grabbed her hand, leading her to the bus area.

She was taken aback by holding hands with him. What did it mean? Was it as friends? Or more? Her heart ached, because she knew he liked her as a friend.

They entered the crowded bus, it was a bunch of high schoolers. The girls had their eyes glued to Aiden and the boys to Jessica.

"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?" The girls questioned.

"Noona, do you have a boyfriend?" The guys bombarded.

Aiden looked at how uncomfortable Jessica was around the high school guys, so he pulled her to his chest.

"Mianhe kids, she's mine." He wrapped an arm around her waist. They groaned and moved on.

Jessica felt her face flush. Why did he do that again?

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern in his eyes.

"Is it okay for you to go around saying I'm your girlfriend?" She raised an eyebrow. "Krystal won't be happy."

Aiden quickly said. "Krystal's not here."

He kept his gaze on Jessica and she nodded. "Okay."

He softened up. "She is understanding."

"Okay." Jessica stayed silent after that.

Aiden knew it was wrong to keep saying that, but he wanted to and the words kept escaping from his mouth. He really didn't love her. He was protecting her from bad guys. And as a friend, that was his duty, right?

She couldn't keep asking for his help. Or be this close. This close proximity wad hell for her. She was inches from his face, but couldn't kiss him. It was torture, as if a divine being wanted her to regret rejecting him.

"We're here." Aiden grabs her hand. It was warm, she thought. He pulls her out and they head into a Korean BBQ restaurant.

"Eat as much as you want." The ahjumma winked at the two. "You youngings need your strength."

"Thank you for the meal." Aiden smiled. He dug in.

Jessica watched him while he ate. She would take some bites, but she wanted to engrave this image into her memory.

He looked up. "Is something wrong?"

She shook her head. She began to eat. Then watch him. Then eat again.

"You know what's was funny?" Aiden smiled.

"What." Jessica stared at him.

"Krystal is a lot like you. I mean she's really similar." He grinned. "That's why it was easy."

"What was?" She asked, knowing the answer.

He paused. "Getting over you."

That was a hard blow to Jessica. "That's good, I like us being friends."

Aiden felt his heart squirm. It hurt him when she said that.

"Want to go watch a movie after?" He asked. He wanted to spend more time with her. This wasn't enough.

"Sure." She agreed, with the same thought.

They decide to watch a romance tragedy. Jessica chose it and Aiden agreed. Krystal wanted to watch this movie too.

Aiden sat bored, as Jessica was immersed. She felt sympathetic to the main female lead, who was in her exact position. The only difference was the female confessed to the man, and was more direct with her feelings.

The movie had no appeal to Aiden. He watched Jessica react to the sad scenes and wanted to comfort her. He restrained himself.

Jessica turned to Aiden, and saw him stare at her. His gaze at her was intense and inviting to her.

She leaned in slowly and he didn't move. Aiden watched as Jessica came closer and planted a kiss on his lips. His heartbeat went crazy, along with hers.

She moved back, staring at his lips that were so tasty. Jessica looked at him. "Sor-"

Aiden kissed Jessica full force. His lips captured hers, molding them together. His hand lifted the seat separator and brought her closer to him. Her hands wrapped around his neck, bringing her closer.

He couldn't hold it. He wanted Jessica.

Aiden pulled away. "Noona." His breath was shaky. "Let's go to your dorm."

She nodded and followed Aiden out the theater.

She couldn't believe that he kissed her back, doesn't that mean he still has feelings? She was ecstatic.

They made their way back to her dorm. Aiden locked the door behind them. Her roommate was out.

His lips tackled onto hers within seconds. He wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground. Her legs wrapped around his torso.

His teeth bit into her lower lip and she groaned. Then his lips moved lower, kissing her neck and collarbone.

"Bed." She whimpered and Aiden made his way over to it. He placed her gently on it and began to kiss her face, starting with her nose, then the eyes and forehead.

"Aiden." She looked into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed her lips gently, reaching down to pull her jacket off. Then his hand went under her tank top to her stomach.

Jessica moaned as Aiden massaged her abs. His fingers set her skin on fire. Everywhere he touched made her cry out.

He looked at her as he lifted the hem of her tank top. He watched carefully as she turned her head to the side, eyes closed. Then he reached under her bra.

Suddenly his phone rang. They both stopped and they looked at each other.

Aiden felt around for his phone, finding it eventually and looked at the caller. It was a foreign number.

He ignored it, rejecting the call, placing it back into her pocket.

"Who was it?" Jessica shifted under him.

"No one." He leaned back down to kiss her.

His phone rang again. He looked up at the ID. It was the foreign number again.

He sighed and sat up. "Hello?"

"Hello?" A voice said, a bit sad. "Aiden."

His eyes widen. Jessica looked concerned at him.

"Krystal?" He said and pulled away from Jessica, realization hitting. Jessica's eyes widen as well.

"Hey. Baby. I miss you." Krystal sighed.

"M-m-me too." He stared at Jessica.

She sat up and adjusted her shirt.

"I just wanted to call and say that I came here safely. Save this number, its my mom's." Krystal yawned. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye."

"Bye." He said as she hung up.

He dropped his phone and fell back. His eyes drop to the couple phone strap he had with Krystal.

He felt terrible. He felt guilty. He felt... regret... he looked up. He was about to cheat on his girlfriend.

"Noona." He said in hopelessness. He wrapped his hands around his head.

"I-I'm sorry Aiden." She cried. He grimaced and brought her close. "I'm sorry."

Tears fell, but he did not a say a word.