Runaway

Mysterious Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lays P.O.V

“I can't believe it... No... Y-You must have heard or seen wrong!”
“Lay, calm down and listen to me. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I'm sorry, but I can't hide it from you.”
“Suho! I-It can't be-!”

 

 

Lay felt the frustration as he cried, it must be a lie. It all must be a lie! Suho hugged Lay tight, whispering sorry's as he tried to comfort Lay.

 

 

“I'm sorry, but I found out recently about it. I... I'm really sorry.”

 

 

Suho sat with Lay for a while, until Lay had calmed down and were mostly in shock now. He can't believe it, he can't believe that after so many years, he find out about this now? And it was Suho who told him, not the persons he wanted to hear it from.

 

 

“Mom and dad... They... Have lied about me?”
“Yeah, I found this file for some weeks ago. That was why I wanted to see you so badly just that weekend, when I planed to visit you.”
“W-Where did you find this?”
“The police station. I was seeking for someone else file, but found this one instead.”

 

 

Lay opened the file with almost shaking hands, scared to confirm what Suho just had told him. Lay wanted it all to be a lie, he just wanted it to stand that Suho had been lying and that he was joking. But it wouldn't.

 

 

“Zhang Yixing... Adopted April the 10th, in Shanghai 2001... I-I was only 4 years old then...”
“Your real parents... They were drug dealers. They was found dead, they have token an overdose and you was found sitting on your bed, crying. It all is standing right here, in the report.”

 

 

Suho pointed on the paper as Lay nodded a little, still shaking as he had to put the file away. He doesn't wanna know more, he just don't. He suddenly felt so... unsure about himself. Who is he? Is he really Zhang Yixing? Or is he someone else?

 

 

“It's not everything Lay, I got something else I have to tell you.”
“Please Suho, don't. I... I want to know who I am. I... I don't want to lose myself.”
“Honey, you will find out about this sooner or later. I think... It's the best if you hear it all at once.”

 

 

Lay wiped out some of his tears that had found their ways out from his eyes. Suho kissed him gently on the cheek as Lay lend against him, letting Suho hug him tighter and try to calm him down.

 

 

“I just... can't believe that I'm adopted. It feels so...”
“Unreal?”
“Mm, so unreal. I mean, they have been so close to me. My new parents I mean. They have never acted like I wasn't their son. They have taken care of me for so long and... They never seemed to have any secrets to me.”

 

 

Suho nodded understanding as he rest his head on Lays shoulder, staring at the wall in front of the bed like Lay. It feels so unreal to just sit here with Suho, who everyone think is dead. About that, shouldn't they call the others and tell them about Suho?

 

 

“Suho, shouldn't we-?”
“No, I wanna stay hidden for a little longer.”
“Why? Everyone is worried about you and thinks you're dead.”
“They do huh? Maybe that is what I need?”
“Suho, stop talk like that. You sound so selfish.”
“Selfish? Do you think so?”

 

 

Lay hesitated with his answer, the way Suho spoke sounded like he thought Lay was both right and wrong. Lay had to think about it for a while, does Suho sound selfish?

 

 

“Suho, why don't you want to tell the others were you are?”
“Because I'm tired Lay, and I realized it now.”
“Tired? What do you mean with tired?”
“Tired of running. I mean, I work everyday, thinking that today I will die. I think everyday about you, wondering if you're in safety or not. I spend my days since I begun with my work to worry myself to death. Not everyday maybe, but very often.”
“Then why didn't you just quit your work like I suggested?”
“Because even if I quit as a detective, the police or Kris would still come and ask me for help. I would still be chased by the old criminals I had captured or their gangs. No mater what I do, I still won't get away from my old life. From my past.”
“I know the feeling, I feel the same almost everyday.”

 

 

Suho smiled at Lay who smiled back at him. They just sat there, huddled up together in the bed. It didn't take long before Suho sighed and looked a little serious but tired at Lay.

 

 

“Your ex, I found out something about him. You're not going to like this, but-”
“I don't think I wanna hear Suho.”
“Please do, because it's important. Your ex boyfriend, he died, right?”
“Mm, he did.”
“He died because he was actually an old gang member that your mother and father controlled. He wanted to find you again, and he did. He wanted to bring you back to China, to make you take over the gang again.”
“How do you know that?”
“I find it in the report Lay, the report to the murder of your ex. It's in the file I gave you.”
“Why did you have to tell me that? Just why?”
“Because I love you, and I thought that maybe you would understand why people targeting you. It's not just because of me, but also because of your past with your old dead parents and-”
“You know, I don't wanna hear that Suho. I'm serious, stop telling me things that I can't handle. It's none of my business anymore and-”
“I'm telling you because I want to protect you. Don't you get it Lay? I'm warning you for what might happen you while I'm gone.”
“While you're gone? Don't tell me you're going to-”
“I'm going to leave, yes. I have made up my mind, I won't stay here anymore. I'm in a big danger, and you're in more danger around me. I will sneak out from the country and-”
“I want to come with you! Please! Suho!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter