Proof #2

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Singing in the Rain

            Kyuhyun was listening to music while he was on break.  It was raining steadily outside and he perched himself on a bench by a window to watch the rain fall as he ate his lunch while they practiced a scene that he wasn’t involved in during rehearsal of Singin’ in the Rain.  He would probably have a good hour to kill and were it not for picking up Ryeowook’s mp3 player to take with on the way out the door in the morning, he might have been even more bored than he already was.  He’d looked through the various playlists and smiled at finding one created for rainy days and decided to play it. 

            One song in particular he’d played several times already.  Sincerely from the Autumn in My Heart OST made him think of Ryeowook when he heard it.  Not the whole song.  The part about hiding love was on his mind recently with their talk a few days before.  He didn’t want to hide his love for Ryeowook from the fans, just the romantic element of that love.  They didn’t need to know everything.  If it wouldn’t ruin their lives, it would be fine and he’d announce it on the next program he was on or admit it to the next interviewer that asked him about his love life.  What he wouldn’t give to have it all in the open.  After all, there was also that part of him that wanted to let the world know that Ryeowook belonged to him and him alone.

            Kyuhyun’s cellphone screen flashed and he received a text from one of their publicists at SM Entertainment.  Curious, he opened the text.

            I sent you a pic that we took at the awards last weekend.  Really cute one of you and Wook.  Didn’t have Wook’s email saved, be sure to forward it to him, too.

            Kyuhyun opened his email and looked at the picture.  He remembered posing for it with Ryeowook, knowing that they were taking pictures for their Facebook page, although the photographer mentioned that they wanted to take a picture of them together because they looked so good together, not that they were going to publish it.  Indeed, it looked adorable because Kyuhyun was leaning into Ryeowook a bit, smiling, and looking into the camera.  And, of course, Kyuhyun looked damn y.  But when didn’t he except maybe when he was really sick or first woke up in the morning, he figured.  The suit brought it up a notch though.  And Ryeowook looked adorable and loving.  It really was a great couple picture, but Kyuhyun knew they had no intention of displaying it.

            But maybe they should.

            Maybe this was the kind of picture that Ryeowook would like to see instead of fans snapping photos of them walking next to each other in the airport—usually of them walking around half asleep like zombies and crabby from getting too little sleep.  What did that say about them compared to the one he was looking at? 

            Thanks.  This is really good.  You ought to post this.

            You think?  I don’t know if the higher ups would approve.

            It’s not revealing anything.  There’s nothing overtly romantic about it.  You know how the fans love stuff like this, especially of Ryeowook.  Or Henry or Sungmin.  Those cute poses.  I think that’s the main appeal with this pic.  We don’t mind if you post it.  Go ahead.

            Okay.  I might just do that then.

            Kyuhyun smiled to himself and continued to eat as he listened to the music, but now found himself looking more at his cellphone than at the rain outside—even if it was rather pretty to look at as it dripped down the windows, blurring the pink and purple blossoms into smudges amongst the dark green foliage beyond the glass—because it paled in comparison to the beautiful object of his affection.  Even just a picture of them together made his heart beat a little faster than normal and he smiled without knowing it.  He then proceeded to forward the picture to both their mothers and one very nosey friend, who thought there was something wrong with their relationship.

            The next day, Ryeowook woke late and shuffled out to the living room, scratching his head as he located Kyuhyun playing on his laptop on the couch and made his way over.  He sat down, yawned, and then looked over at what his husband was doing.  Kyuhyun was responding to emails—which he had fallen behind on—but eagerly stopped the moment his beloved husband woke up, since he was already a little tired of the chore.  He playfully tapped Ryeowook’s nose and then kissed him.

            “Good morning,” Ryeowook said.

            “It’s one in the afternoon,” Kyuhyun informed him.

            “Good afternoon,” he corrected himself.

            “Good afternoon,” Kyuhyun chimed back.  “I have something to show you.”

            Ryeowook leaned on his shoulder and watched the screen.  Kyuhyun pulled up the SM Town Facebook page and scrolled down until he found the picture of him and Ryeowook and immediately, Ryeowook jumped up in his seat and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter