To love and be loved

Everyone Longs for True Love ( Seungho/ fictional character fanfic)

Open in a new tab before reading please.

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=-KlOodL9Gw4

 

image

 

Skip to that day when we decided to finally let go of each other. We had spent the last four months together as close friends. We weren't like those couples, "Friends with benefits.", we were an innocent couple. We knew of our feelings for each other but I told you I didn't want to make it official, I had my reasons.

You had made the choice of transferring to another university that had given you a full scholarship. I had secretly fallen in love with you, but didn't want to stop you from going after that great opportunity. So I said it was fine, I said I was happy for you. In my mind I kept asking, "What about us?" 

"It's too cold outside for angels to fly." You sang along to the radio as your fingers tapped against the steering wheel. Your voice complimented perfectly with the singer's voice. You sang in such a soft voice that it made me feel like I was being hugged by a cloud as I was sitting beside you in the car. 

"Your turn, I wanna hear you sing." You said turning your head toward me as the yellow light turned to red. I shook my head shyly and smiled sheepishly. I actually loved to sing,but I never sang for anyone.

"You're so cute." You said looking at me as if I was the most beautiful girl in the world and it was such a blessing for me to sit next to you. I looked down at your hand that was laying on the gear shift. I wanted to reach over and place my hand over yours,but I couldn't bring myself to. We never kissed or held hands. Occasionally our fingers would touch or your hand would brush the small of back as we were walking, but that was it.

"Go in." You said smiling at me after you parked in front of my house for the last time. You gave me that forced smile, the one where you just lift one corner of your lips. Your eyes begged for me to go with you to Arizona to start a new life with you, but my whole life was here in Boston. I couldn't pick up and leave. I couldn't leave my family, and all my hard work, even if I really did like you. 

"Stop looking at me like that." You said in that voice that sent shivers down my spine. 

"Sorry." I said looking back at you and begging with my eyes. I begged you to stay here, there will be other opportunities. Your eyes answered, "I wish I could, I'll come back for you when I'm done with school." I answered back with my eyes, "I'll wait." You smiled that forced smile again and leaned in and placed a firm hand behind my neck. I've dreamed of this moment since my eyes caught yours in that communications class, but it was nothing like I imagined. I gazed at your soft lips as they approached mine, inviting and warm. As though our worlds had collided with a bang, so did our lips.

That night, I laid in the dark, tossing and turning in my bed replaying our first kiss, over and over again on the projection screen in my head. Up until that point in my life, our kiss made me doubt that I had ever loved any other man before you. I was sure that what I felt in my chest was something that could not be easily replaced. It is just a shame that after the most wonderful moment in our relationship came the most saddest moment. The long distance.

You met me when my hair was short, and you left me when my hair was long. The next time you would see me, my hair would be a bit longer, and dyed a light shade of red. I remembered that you couldn't take your eyes off me when you said those beloved words three years later, "I've come back for you."