To love and be loved

Everyone Longs for True Love ( Seungho/ fictional character fanfic)

 

Please listen to this in a new tab as you read:

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=C5DUCf2ueXk

 

Fast forward a year and a half when I found out your secret.

We spent the last eighteen months, "unofficially together". In those eighteen months I found out what true happiness was, and I also found out what true pain was. You were a quarter way through your masters degree for computer engineering. I was done with my accounting degree and had started working in a local banking branch. On Saturdays and Thursdays we would webcam with each other at precisely at two in the evening, it was the only time we could talk. Since I worked in the late afternoon until night, and you had an internship early in the morning and classes at night. 

Though I missed you so much that my heart was literally aching in pain, I trudged through those eighteen months thinking that you'll be back in another thirty months. We've made it past the point where most couples broke up, but something told me that something wasn't the same about us. 

You started making excuses for why you were late or didn't reply to my text. You would start missing webcam dates, and leaving me one worded apology texts. I kept hoping that you really were busy, but it felt like our relationship was becoming more one sided. 

I know you're handsome, and girls will always try to catch your eyes with skin tight outfits. I know you don't pay attention to them, but I can't help but be jealous of those girls who got to see you everyday. You said you would come back for me, but all the sudden your words seemed to have no meaning to them. 

Skip to the day when a friend of mine who also went to Arizona University saw you holding hands with someone who wasn't me. It broke my heart into irreparable pieces, but the news that left me speechless was that it was a man.

 I always wondered why you never looked at other girls, when you, yourself was a gorgeous being. I always wondered, even to this day, why you chose me, of all the other girls in the world. Why was I the victim of your unrequited love? How could you promise me a love you could never return? How could you.

My friend asked the man with you if it was true, and he answered yes. I never answered your calls again, and  blocked you from my life. Last I heard you were getting married. Congrats, so am I.