To love and be loved

Everyone Longs for True Love ( Seungho/ fictional character fanfic)

 

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=EbBYJtkDrZk

 

 

Fast forward three years, when you showed up unexpectedly.

image

 

 

 

I was supposed to be meeting my fiancé, Daniel at the cafe so we could go wedding dress shopping together, but he was already twenty minutes late. Imagine if he was on time; we wouldn’t have had the chance to meet.

I was looking out the window impatiently tapping my fingers across the table's surface when I heard an angel saying my name. It couldn't be, why would you be here? You touched my arm lightly when I didn't turn, the place where your finger tips touched my bare skin tingled, it was you, it could only be you. 

"Kelly." You said smiling down at me. You still had that hypnotizing effect every time you smiled, just like I remembered. You still wore suits, but now these suits were bought by the money you made with your own hard work. You had moved back after completing your masters degree and now you worked as a COO of a local Microsoft headquarter. 

"You look great!" You said taking a seat across from me as I tried to process the fact that I've wanted to see you for the past three years and now you're really here. You sat across from me smiling as if the last few years had not happened. 

"Thank you." I replied, as I watched you run your long and slender fingers through your dark hair. 

"What have you been up to?" You asked taking off your suit jacket, as if I invited you to stay. You’ve always been straightforward, but today your words held much deeper meanings. You wanted to know if I was seeing anyone. 

"Just working." I said looking down at my coffee cup. You raised your eyebrow at me and smirked.

"Don't work too hard." You said placing your 24 karat gold cuff links on a napkin beside my cup of steaming coffee.

"How about you? I heard you were getting married." I said without a hesitation, unlike you, I was straightforward. But one thought still lingered in my mind; I couldn't push the words past my lips. Was your boyfriend treating you right? Did you love him more than you loved me? Do you regret even dating me?

You laughed heartily and flashed me a smile. "Not yet." You replied causing my heart of drop. I had secretly hoped that this was just all a phase and you would come back to me, but your answer made it clear. You were still with him, or whoever, our intentions were not the same. 

"I heard from Egan that you're getting married." You said folding your fingers over one another and placing them gently on the table. 

"You still talk to her?”I asked.

“Yeah.” You said still anticipating my answer.

“Nope, I'm still waiting." I said lying to you, I didn't know why I did that. Why did I lie and tell you that I wasn't happily engaged to man I loved until you showed up in my life again? Maybe a part of me wished you had gotten my hidden message that I was still waiting for you. 

"Really." You said with surprise. I smiled back and looked out the window to spot Daniel parking his car across the street. I scurried and placed my phone in my bag and casually said to you, "My friend is here, I'll see you around." 

You turned around and looked at Daniel as he placed his keys into his pockets and walked across the street with charisma. "He is cute." You said turning back to me. Great, my gay ex-boyfriend has a crush on my fiancé. 

"Still have the same number?" You said putting on your golden links.

"Yeah." I said rushing towards the door. 

"Kelly!" You shouted after me with your suit jacket only half way on. You looked at me in the way that every girl wanted to be looked at. The look that made me feel like I was the only girl in the world, the only girl who could ever complete you. I longed for you to hold me in your arms and look at me in that way. I longed for you to love me again. I wished you didn't love him. I wish you could love me again.

"It was really nice seeing you." You said smiling as you put your hands into your pockets. I smiled back at you and turned in time to catch Daniel coming in. 

"Hey, let's go. I don't want to have a drink anymore." I said to Daniel hauling him out of the coffee shop. I was careful not to touch him, I knew you would be watching.