4. I run to you

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]
Three weeks after the stay in hospital
 
--------------------------
 
Catherine laid there on the floor beaten and in pain once again, she had come in 1 minute late than Jake wanted her home and he just lost it with her subjecting Catherine to yet another severe beating for her failings as his girlfriend. He'd beat her so many times that she didn't even cry anymore Catherine just took it like she was supposed to. Jake walked over and picked her up off the floor, he dragged her to the bedroom and threw her on the bed.
 
"You stay here, I'm going out and will have with someone else deal with it."
 
He took Catherine's phone so she couldn't call Baro then he left the room and he locked her in. That wasn't the first time he had done that locked her in the bedroom with no food or water, Catherine just laid there and rode the pain out. It took about thirty minutes for it to go a while, eventually Catherine got up off of the bed and went and looked out of the locked window, Jake always left it locked so Catherine couldn't scream for help to anyone on the street below the apartment. The street light was on and nobody was around she walked away from the window and sat on the floor and burst into tears. Was Baro right all along? She shrugged the thought off and went and laid back on the bed, it was midnight by the clock in their room. As she fell asleep Catherine whispered out in tears.
 
"Baro, help, please, I'm scared." And then she fell asleep.
 
Baro was restless he had tried to call Catherine several times and nothing at all from her, he was worried she had never done anything like this before what if Jake had killed her. CNU heard Baro and went to make sure that he was okay.
 
"Baro?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Any answer?"
 
"Nothing."
 
They both sat down.
 
"What do I do Shinwoo?"
 
"Keep waiting I guess she'll answer soon."
 
"I hope she does, I just want to know that she's alright."
 
"We all do Baro, we all do."
 
There was nothing else that CNU could physically say to help Baro out he was just as scared for her as Baro was but he had to stay strong for Catherine and Baro's sake. They sat up until 2am waiting for her to call, nothing so they called it a night and went to sleep. 
 
Meanwhile Catherine woke up to Jake coming back he opened the door and just looked at her in utter disgust. "Here Baro called." He said throwing her phone at her, Catherine looked at the screen he had called so many times he must of been worried about her right now. Jake just lookes at her and said "Go on run to him like you always bloody well do." She picked up her bag put on her shoes and ran out of the apartment. Catherine didn't look back once she just knew she had to get the hell away from Jake and to Baro where she would be safe. Catherine got to where Baro lived and ran inside and up the stairs. Just as she was running Baro woke up to get a drink, it was 5am and nobody else was up yet, he was stood by the sink just thinking about Catherine and if she was even alive then he made the walk back to his room. Catherine had got to the floor where the guys all lived and ran the 5 minutes to the front door and started to bang on it as she did she called out.
 
"Baro! Baro! Are you there please be in, Baro."
 
Baro heard this and ran to the front door right away, his hands were trembling as he opened the door and saw her standing there, right away he pulled Catherine into his chest very close to his heart and held her there, Catherine was crying and felt glad to be with him for a while. "It's okay I've got you, I've got you." Baro said as he turned round with Catherine still in his arms and saw the others all standing there all of them more than glad that she was alive and that Jake hadn't killed her. And then they all rushed round making sure that she was alright and got some food and water inside her system, Catherine never left Baro's arms the entire time she really didn't want to right now after she had finished eating and drinking Baro took her to his bedroom and put her in his bed, the Last time she had been in there she was pretty drunk but this time it was different. As she fell asleep Baro stayed with her, he didn't leave her side making sure she didn't stop breathing the entire time and that she would be alright. Then Jinyoung came in for a chat.
 
"Baro let her rest."
 
"I can't leave her, not like this."
 
"I know you can't."
 
"This lunacy has gone on too long now she needs to leave him he's going to kill her the way he keeps beating her."
 
"I know Baro but that has to be down to her you know that right?"
 
"Yeah I do, I never noticed that she had put on weight."
 
Baro said feeling her stomach and then he jumped back quickly.
 
"Whoah, Baro what's up?"
 
"She's not gained weight, she's pregnant I just felt the baby move."
 
Now Baro was even more worried Catherine being pregnant and beaten like this wasn't good at all now more than ever she needed to leave Jake, could Baro convince her though?