14. Haunted

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]
Three weeks later and Jake was still on the run, he must of gone into hiding. Catherine hadn't left the apartment once since she had got back from the hospital. She had a room there now and was grateful that it had been so nicely made up for her. Most days Catherine just looked out of the window wondering where Jake was, if he was plotting to kill her and Baro. She hadn't slept properly for a couple of days and everyone was getting concerned. The media attention had died down now but the police did re assure Catherine that they wouldn't rest until he was found alive. 
 
"Catherine."
 
"Gongchan." She smiled a little as he sat by her side and put his arm around her shoulder he'd been really worried about her, yes she did have a therapist go in to the apartment and see her but he wasn't really sure how it was going. 
 
"I heard you crying again last night."
 
"I'm sorry I don't know why I keep doing it."
 
"It's okay sometimes crying is a good thing."
 
"Is it though?"
 
"I believe that it is."
 
Then he kissed her head and said.
 
"It'll get easier, you know it will."
 
"Yeah."
 
Then Baro came in, he knew they would all be going out and that meant leaving Catherine alone in the apartment for the first time in three weeks, usually one of them had been there at all times but today it wasn't possible. 
 
"Will you be okay?"
 
"Yeah I'll just sleep."
 
"Okay, I love you."
 
"Love you." 
 
And then they left locking the apartment door as they did. And then it was Catherine on her own in the apartment, nobody knew that she could hear Jake's voice in her head all the time, it started when she first arrived at the hospital after what she had gone through in those long twelve hours. She tried to cover her ears and block it out but sadly it never happened all she could hear was Jake's voice taunting her and nothing else. She sat there shaking and crying, for two hours she just cried and cried then all of a sudden she knew what she had to do the one thing that could make it all stop bit first she had to tell the boys, so she set up her phone braced herself and pressed record and made a video. It was very difficult but she managed to do it, she didn't watch it back she just sent it to them all. Catherine then just walked round her room she found it hard to breathe and had to sit on the floor for a couple of minutes. Then she went to the bathroom.
 
Meanwhile Sandeul had just left a friends house and was about to go to the store when he checked his phone, 1 video message from Catherine. He was confused, there was a bench nearby so he sat down and put his headphones in and played the video. 
 
"H..Hi guys, I am so sorry that I am doing this but, th, there is no other way I have to go now, it's the only way that I'll ever be free, well that's it I guess, bye, I...I love you."
 
The video stopped, Sandeul wiped away the tear from his eye and then panic set in, he tried to call her. As her phone rang he said.
 
"Pick up the phone Catherine, pick up the phone."
 
Nothing, so he did the one thing he knew that he had to do, he called Baro.
 
"Sandeul what's up?"
 
"Baro, it's Catherine she messaged us all a video and I tried calling her but she's not picking up and I am really freaking out."
 
"Woah! Sandeul! slow down, what do you mean?"
 
"Baro she's going to try and kill herself!"
 
"Oh my god!"
 
Then they both hung up and Baro opened a new text and sent a message to CNU, Jinyoung and Gongchan saying.
 
"Get back to the apartment now, Catherine is going to try and kill herself."
 
And then he started running. 
 
Back at the apartment Sandeul rushed in, "CATHERINE!" He called out as he started to look for her, "CATHERINE!" He called out again. Sandeul was starting to panic now what if she had already done it, he kept looking for her.
 
Baro was back at the apartment and running up the stairs as he ran up he met Gongchan who was like Baro running up the stairs the lift would of taken too long.
 
"It's okay Catherine I'm coming." Baro said to himself as he picked up the pace to get to her. 
 
Sandeul had just quickly looked in Catherine's room and she wasn't there as he slowly walked past the bathroom door he heard a small grunting noise, he opened the door and there was Catherine trying to open a bottle of sleeping pills so that she could overdose.
 
"Why won't you open?!" She said and as she did Sandeul ran into the room and took hold of the pill bottle. 
 
"NO!" Catherine cried out as she held onto the bottle "CATHERINE SWEETHEART LET THE BOTTLE GO PLEASE?" Sandeul begged as he tried to get the pills away from her, Baro and Gongchan heard this as they got in and ran towards the commotion and as they did CNU and Jinyoung also ran in and heard what was going on. 
 
"CATHERINE PLEASE LET GO?!"
 
"NOOOO!"
 
Then the bottle opened and all the pills fell onto the floor Catherine broke down in tears.
 
"WHY DID YOU DO THAT SANDEUL WHY?!" 
 
She cried out as she tried to kneel down and pick the pills up, but Sandeul wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close to him, then Baro came in and said. "It's okay now  Sandeul I've got this." Catherine's body sank to the floor and Baro caught her and pulled her close to him. "My Catherine, My Catherine." Baro said as Catherine cried and said "I wanna die Baro, I wanna die." The others all stood around while Baro held onto her. "Shhhh." He said as her crying finally calmed down and she was just laying there still and oh so limp in Baro's arms.