18. The Phonecall

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]

Catherine was at another group session when Meredith walked in looking really scared, she had been crying ana had several large suitcases with her. Everyone was automatically concerned and Catherine went over to her first to see if she could help.

"Meredith, what's happened?"

"Damon my ex, he... he found out where I live I've had to leave."

"Oh gosh, once Amanda gets here she can help you out."

"I'm here." Amanda then said as she stepped into the room and she already knew what to do.

"It's okay Meredith, we'll get you into a women's shelter today."

that took some weight off of Meredith's mind, for now anyway. That whole session was very emotional and Catherine almost walked out of the room but she knew that it wouldn't help her out at all. Sandeul met her after the session and they went home right away, Sandeul could tell that something wasn't right with Catherine but all he did was hold her hand as they walked home. 

The moment they stepped in the door Catherine went right to her room and sat on her bed. 

The whole thing with Meredith's ex finding her hit home with her, Jake was still out there just waiting to attack and there was nothing Catherine could do about it at all. 

She started to cry with fear, she tried to stop but it wasn't happening. Jinyoung heard her and went in to check on her, he was worried. He saw her tears and went to her right away and gave her a hug.

"What's wrong?" he asked her wiping tears away from her eyes.

"Meredith's ex found her, she's had to go to a shelter."

And then Jinyoung realised why Catherine was so upset about this, his anger for Jake came back into his mind but he held back on that emotion, he did not want to let it show when Catherine needed him at that very moment.

"She's going to be safe now Catherine."

"ye..Yeah she is."

"Now show me that smile?"

Catherine smiled a little bit and that made Jinyoung feel better and then out of his pocket then he gave her a candy, all he wanted to make her happy for a little while. 

"That's my girl." 

"Thanks Jinyoung."

They sat there together for a while looking out of her bedroom window at everyone out in the city. Then the immense feelings they both had for each other came back but neither of them really acted on it. 

The day went by with no real issues and everything looked better at the time then at around 7:30pm everyone was sat on the couches just talking, Catherine was cuddled up on Baro getting some comfort from his heartbeat, she always felt safe near Baro's heart. 

There was talk of what was going to happen for Catherine's upcoming birthday not everything though they wanted to keep some things secret from her as like a little surprise from all of them. 

Then Catherine's phone started to ring, she looked at the screen, it was Amanda. It was odd of her to call at this time but Catherine still got up to take the call. As she walked away to the kitchen area the others were all talking.

"So do you think she knows about the big present?"

Sandeul asked, they had planned something amazing this year.

"No, I don't think so." CNU replied.

Then Catherine dropped her phone and fell to the floor, They all heard this and went running over to her. Baro held onto her in his arms again as she sat there with a tear rolling down her cheek, CNU saw the phone and picked it up.

"Hello."

"Amanda, it's CNU, what's happened?" 

"Is Catherine alright?"

"Not really."

"I had a feeling that might happen."

"Amanda what's going on."

"Meredith is dead."