27. The dream

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]

2am at the hospital and the 2 couples were both asleep, Catherine was dreaming, she was back in the warehouse watching Jake shoot himself again, he may be dead but this was haunting her memory. She quickly awoke and started crying her waking jolted Jinyoung who was still holding onto her he heard her crying and got worried.

"Jagiya, what's wrong?" 

"I.. I saw Jake shoot himself again and when he did he was looking at me with that evil look in his ey..."

Catherine couldn't finish what she wanted to say she was really shaken up by all of this. Jinyoung pulled his fiancee closer to him and nuzzled into her neck. 

"Shh my angel, Jake won't hurt you ever again I promise." 

Her tears stopped and Jinyoung held her close to him as they both fell back asleep. Catherine then had another dream, she saw Meredith.

"Catherine."

"Meredith, is that you?"

"Yes it's me."

"I'm so glad to see you even if it is just a dream."

"Yeah I just want you to know that everything is going to be okay now."

"Really?"

"Yes, Jake is dead and you are going to marry Jinyoung and have some very beautiful sons and daughters together." 

"You've seen that?"

"I did and trust me you are right on track."

"Thank you Meredith, I love you."

"I love you too Catherine."

"I won't let your death be in vain I promise."

"Oh I know, it's almost sunrise Jinyoung is starting to wake up and you will too."

"Do you have to go?"

"Catherine I am going nowhere I will always be with you wherever you are, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

And then Catherine woke up smiling. The first person she saw on that new morning was Jinyoung, he smiled and then said.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yeah I do, Metedith came to me in a dream."

"What did she say?"

"That everything was going to be okay."

Then Catherine heard Amanda and CNU kissing, Jinyoung looked over at them and then back at Catherine and he said.

"They've been kissing for 15 minutes non stop."

"Like we do?"

"Jagi we kiss for much longer."

"Oh really?"

"Yes we do."

Then Jinyoung pulled Catherine close to him and they also started kissing too. As the sunlight came through the window Amanda and CNU stopped kissing and they looked over at Catherine and Jinyoung kissing and they smiled it was great to see them be together and then CNU said. 

"You get to come home with me today Amanda."

"Yeah I do."

"How do you feel about it?"

"I feel good about it."

"I do too Amanda."

They smiled at each other and then the Doctor came in to check in on the girls. The checks were done and both Catherine and Amanda were given the ok to go home with their partners. Catherine got out her phone and called just one person who she knew would be glad to know what was going on.

"Baro."

"Sweetheart."

"We got the all clear."

"That's great I can't wait to have you home again my girl."

"I can't wait to be home."

"is there anything you want me to get for you?"

"There's nothing that comes to mind, apart from your smile."

"It will be bigger than ever before I promise."

"Good to hear, love you."

"Love you too."

Then they ended the call and then they got ready to go home again. As they all got ready Jinyoung and Catherine had a talk.

"Jagiya I just had a thought."

"You did?"

"Yeah, seeing as you'll be my wife one day we had better start sharing a bed together, not like how we used to wait to be alone to be together."

"You mean you and me sharing a room?"

"Yeah you and me, together."

"Of course Jinyoung but what room will we be in?"

"How about mine?"

"Okay I don't think we can fit into my room, it is rather small."

"Exactly."
 
"Jinyoung."

"Yeah."

"I can't wait to be your wife."

"And I can't wait to be your husband."

And again they kissed, in the back of Catherine's mind the dream about Jake hadn't gone away and any time that she closed her eyes it was all that she could see, even with what Meredith said in the other dream it was still there not going away. The only thing she could really do was talk to Baro and Jinyoung together about it. 

The ride back to the apartment was a long one as the police instructed the driver to go down the backstreets to avoid any press detection of them all leaving the hospital. When Catherine saw the apartment she smiled and knew that Baro and the others were all up there waiting for them to walk in that door. As Catherine got out of the car there they all were Baro Sandeul and Gongchan waiting in the lobby to welcome them all home again. 

Catherine and Baro hugged and then they all went back upstairs and started to get on with things. Catherine spent the entire afternoon moving into Jinyoungs room and cleaning the apartment, and then nighttime came and she was scared. What if she had the dream about Jake again. So she went and found Baro.

"Catherine, is everything okay?"

"Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"Last night in my dreams I saw Jake shooting himself all over again and I'm scared it's going to happen again."

"Does Jinyoung know?"

"Yes he does."

"Are you talking about the Jake dream?" 

Jinyoung then said sitting by her side and holding her hand.

"Yeah what if it happens again?"

Jinyoung and Baro looked at each other and they both knew they had to do something to help her out, and then Baro said.

"Would it help if you talked to a doctor about this?"

"It might do."

"We'll look for one for you okay?"

"Okay, I love you guys."

"We love you too."

And with that they all went to bed and the apartment was silent again until the next day.