17. Love from Gongchan

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]

It had started to rain by the time Catherine and Baro had arrived back from the support group. It had been a rather emotional one that morning and Catherine needed the rest afterward, Gongchan was just about done with the surprise that he had for her that day, he hoped that she would feel happy when she saw it. Catherine walked out of her room after having a nap and looked around her it was rather quiet, then Gongchan walked out and said.

"Are you ready for your surprise?"

"Yes." She said wondering what it was going to be.

"Close your eyes."

"Am I not allowed to see?"

"Not yet I need to take you to your surprise."

"Okay."

Catherine closed her eyes and Gongchan walked her into a room and sat her down on a chair. "Okay you can open your eyes now." And as Catherine did she was sat in front of a laptop she felt his arms wrap around her and then he said.

"This is the best way that I can show you what you mean to me Catherine." And then he pressed play and stood back.

Catherine looked at the screen and there was Gongchan, it looked like he had filmed that when Jake had taken her to the warehouse where she had been beaten for 12 hours. He had tears rolling down his cheeks and then he took a deep breath looked into the camera and he said.

"Hi Catherine, I hope you are alright. I'm making this because I want you to know how much you mean to me, you might see this when you are in the hospital or at home again but I just needed to make this to show you how much I adore you."

Then there was a title screen which said "The day Baro introduced us to you."

Catherine smiled a big smile she remembered that day fondly like it only happened yesterday. Then it cut to a room and Sandeul, Gongchan, Jinyoung and CNU standing there waiting, they all knew they were there to meet this female friend of Baro's. In the video Baro popped his head round the door and said excitedly.

"She's arrived I'll just get her ready then we'll come in."

They all nodded and Baro shut the door again just as the door shut and Gongchan narrated "We were all anxious about this but little did we know what a impact you would make on not just me, all of us." Then they had a flash back to that day.

 

-----------------------------------------

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be Baro."

"I'll be with you the entire time I promise."

"I know you will, I can't wait to meet the other members of the idol group you are going to be in." "Me too." "Do you have a name yet?"

"I'll tell you when we are all together."

"Okay."

And then Baro opened the door.

----------------------------------------

"Look at us all there we were all so young and anxious about meeting you but do you know what it turned out okay."

Catherine sat there and watched as she was introduced to all of the members again one by one it felt like she was back in that room all over again meeting them there. Then she saw the way Jinyoung was looking at her, he looked like he had just seen a precious work of art that had been locked away for hundreds of years.

"Over the years we have been through so much together and this is one moment I wanted to show to you again, I had forgotten that I had filmed this until a few weeks ago."

The video was of Gongchan crying in his room he was visibly upset about something and was trying to hide it then there was a knock at the door, it was Catherine. Again they both had the flashback while watching.

-----------------------------------------

"Gongchan."

He wiped a tear away from his eye and said.

"Oh hi Catherine."

"Is everything okay, the others could hear you crying out there?"

He looked at her Gongchan knew he couldn't hide this from her.

"This is going to sound silly."

"Tell me whatever it is I can try and help."

"I'm feeling homesick, I miss my family and being at home with them all."

"It's okay we all have those days I still have them at times. When Baro and I lived out in the country we'd sit by the river and watch the fish swim to wherever they were going to just about anywhere, and whenever I feel sad I think of those times at the river and I automatically smile again."

"Thank you Catherine, you're a good friend."

"Anytime."

Then they hugged each other.

----------------------------------------

"You really helped me that night and I will always be grateful to you for that, I know things haven't been easy for you lately but it will get better I promise, the video is going to end in a few seconds and when it does I want you to turn around and look at me okay, and just remember."

Then the video stopped and then she turned around and Gongchan was standing there with a bouquet of purple flowers and he said.

"You are my hero Catherine."

She had the biggest smile on her face and she stood up and he held his hand out for her, she took it and they hugged.

"I mean that much to you?"

"Yes, you do I never really knew how to say it until now."

They hugged again and he gave her the flowers. Things were starting to look up a little now day by day it would progress but she decided to take it one day at a time for now. Jake was still out there on the run and she still didn't feel safe just yet.