15. Scars, stars and a confession of love

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]

A few minutes after Catherine's suicide attempt Baro helped her up off the floor and took her to her room and put her in bed. He sat with her so she didn't feel alone, Jinyoung stood in the door and just looked at them both.

"Shouldn't someone call her doctor?"

"CNU did, she's on the way over now."

"Ok, why did she and try to do this?"

"I don't know Jinyoung, I really don't know."

Then the doctor arrived. Baro and the others were told to wait outside while the doctor spoke to Catherine. They all felt nervous to know what was going on in there. It was about 15 minutes before she walked out of the room, but it felt like longer.

"I've spoken to Catherine."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Baro, she has severe depression, and anxiety she is going to need a lot of help."

"I'll do whatever it takes."

"I'm putting her on medication, which I'll need you to look after as she could try and attempt to overdose again."

"Okay thank you so much doctor."

"Just doing my job Baro."

As Baro showed the doctor out the others just sat there dumbfounded that this was going on, when Baro walked back in it was deadly silent and then Sandeul broke the silence. 

"Is she going to be okay?"

They all looked at each other. They all knew that this had to be tackled head on, then CNU said.

"With our help she will pull through this, how did we not see what was going on?"

"She did hide it from us pretty well." 

Gongchan said, they all knew that he was right they all wished that one of them had noticed it sooner rather than later so they could of stepped in and done something so this attempt wouldn't of ever happened.

"I'll go check on her." Sandeul then said he got up and went to her room. Nobody had a issue with him going he did manage to stop her taking the overdose in the first place.

When Sandeul saw Catherine she was just laying there trying to process everything the doctor had said to her during the visit. Sandeul laid on her bed next to her and swept her hair away from her face.

"Hi sweetheart."

"Hi."

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry for this."

"Hey come on you don't need to say sorry, it's us who should be saying sorry for not noticing you were feeling the way you have been."

"Thanks for stopping me."

"I'd do anything for you Catherine you know I would."

"Yeah."

Baro was stood in the doorway just listening to all of this and he was worried but he knew deep down she would be okay. It was a quiet afternoon in the apartment while Catherine rested the others were doing whatever they could to make her feel better. By 8pm the city had gone dark and the stars were in the night sky, then CNU got a idea. He went into Catherine's room and sat with her. "I have something to show you." He said, Catherine was a little confused, "okay." She replied not knowing what was coming next. "we are gonna have to leave the apartment, can you do that for me? I won't leave you I promise." She smiled and said "Yes I will." He took her hand and they left the apartment together.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"The roof."

CNU held her hand and lead her up to the top of the building. He walked her to the middle point and said to her.

"Look at the stars, at their twinkle at their beauty, they came out for you tonight Catherine."

"Did they?"

"Of course they want you to know how wonderful and beautiful life is, I know you don't believe it right now but it is true life is very beautiful and we will all help you see that again."

"Thank you."

"It's okay, how long have you been cutting yourself for?"

CNU had noticed the scars on her arm when Sandeul had a hold of her in the bathroom and her sleeve had lifted up. Catherine paused and then she said.

"The day after I got back from the hospital, the physical pain took away the emotional pain of it all. But now I just do it to feel something."

"Does Baro know?"

"No, not yet."

"You need to tell him."

"I know I do, thank you again for doing this for me."

"Don't worry about it you mean a lot to us."

They hugged and went inside. 

Meanwhile Baro was looking out of the window and heard the door open, he saw Catherine and CNU come in it was now his chance to talk to her quickly. He took her hand and they went to her room.

"Baro, do you hate me?"

"No of course not I love you so much, I don't know what went through your mind to make you think that killing yourself was your only option, I will be by your side through this no matter what."

"Thank you."

"Anything for you."

"I have to show you something..."

"What is it?"

"Please don't be mad."

Then Catherine lifted up her sleeve and showed Baro her scars. He was taken aback by this but he knew what to do.

"Catherine." He said as he rubbed his thumb over the scars she felt a little better now that he knew.

"It's okay we'll get you through this." Baro then said as they hugged, everything that had happened had brought them closer together and there bond would only get stronger.

As this was going on Jinyoung was in his room getting ready for bed before he went to sleep he pulled out a book from his drawer titled "To Catherine." He sat there and wrote

"Oh my dear Catherine I am at a loss here, I don't understand how a very beautiful girl like yourself ever felt like suicide was a way out of your pain. I'm not mad at you, I have been madly in love with you from the moment Baro first introduced me to you all those years ago, and I still am in love with you, I stood by while Jake did all of those things to you and it broke my heart to see you in so much pain because of him. Catherine you are a beautiful angel with broken wings and all I want to do right now is tell you my true feelings for you and take you away from the city and give you all the love that you deserve and more. One day I will leave you this book and you will know how much I really do love you, my precious angel.

He then closed the book, put it away and went to sleep.