12. Two more days

Baro's girl [may be upsetting to anyone affected by domestic abuse]
"We're keeping her in until this Friday for observation." The nurse said to Baro as he pushed hair out of Catherine's sleeping face. He knew it was for the best and that she'd be safe where she was. The police guard was still outside the door, it was a big risk that Jake could hunt her down and try to finish the job off. The police had been questioning his parents who were disgusted at their sons actions towards women as he had been raised not to be like that at all.
 
Catherine then woke up and saw Baro still sitting there keeping watch over her. "Sweetheart." He said kissing her head gently, she smiled and looked out of the window, "it's not raining anymore." She said as a nurse helped her to sit up in the bed, "It stopped a while ago." Baro said as the nurse left the room and they were just left there to talk.
 
"When am I getting out of here?"
 
"In a few days, the doctors want to keep a eye on you for a while."
 
"Why?"
 
"Precaution really, there could be undetected brain damage."
 
"Okay, will everyone else be in to see me."
 
"Of course they will Catherine, all they want is to be with you."
 
Catherine smiled and Baro hugged her gently as she sat there knowing that she was safe for now. 
 
Back at the apartment the others had gone home and slept for a while it had been a long day and everyone needed time to rest after everything that had happened. Jinyoung had woken up and seen that the paper boy had been, he picked it up and was surprised by the headline on the front page.
 
"Man beats partner inches from death."
 
He sat down and read the article inside.
 
"28 year old Jake Weeks kidnapped and tortured girlfriend Catherine 25 for 12 hours straight, he had been abusing her for several months even killing the couples unborn child. Anyone with any information please call the police immediately, do not approach Mr. Weeks as police fear he may be armed and dangerous."   
 
Just as he put the paper down his phone rang, Jinyoung looked at the screen, "Baro calling." He picked up the call.
 
"Baro, how is Catherine doing?"
 
"Better she can come home with us on Friday."
 
"Two days."
 
"Yeah, the doctors want to make sure she has no brain damage or anything else."
 
"Okay, can we come and see her?"
 
"Of course, she misses you guys a lot."
 
"We'll be in later."
 
"Okay."
 
"Baro."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"If you need to talk I'm here okay?"
 
"Okay, thank you."
 
"Bye."
 
"Bye."
 
They both ended the call and Jinyoung stood up, Gongchan had just walked out of his room, he had a good sleep that night and felt somewhat better. 
 
"How are you holding up?"
 
"Better than yesterday, was that Baro?"
 
"Yeah, Catherine can come back here with us on Friday."
 
"That's good she'll be safe here."
 
"Of course, we need to sort out that spare room for her to sleep in."
 
"Me and Shinwoo can do that
 
"We'll all do it together."
 
"Okay."
 
Then Sandeul and CNU walked in, and they all sat down together and ate breakfast.
 
Back at the hospital Catherine was sat in the bed trying to figure out where things had gotten so bad for her. She took a sip of water and waited for Baro to come back, she wasn't too sure where he had gone exactly but he had been gone for a while, She was happy that she had Baro and the guys to help her out. She felt like she owed her life to them they had been there through all of this and stood by her side when she ran to the apartment at 5am that morning a few days before. 
 
Just then Baro came back in, he had this serious look on his face like he needed to tell her something right away.
 
"Baro." She asked as he sat by her side and put his arm around her, Catherine cuddled up on him and then Baro sat back on the chair and took her hand. He kissed it and then he said.
 
"Because of the seriousness of what Jake did to you, his name and face has been circulated to the media, I've been talking to reporters from outside the hospital."
 
"Will this help catch him?"
 
"Hopefully, he won't get away with it."
 
"Baro."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Will I be safe now?"
 
"Of course you will, I promise you now that none of us will let anything happen to you at all."
 
"Thank you."
 
Baro kissed her head.
 
"I will always be with you, never forget that okay?"
 
"I won't."
 
Just then Baro saw the others walking by the window, "I told you they'd come." He said getting up to let them in to see her. They all walked in and sat by her bedside they were all glad to see her sat up and recovering. Jinyoung held her hand and kissed it softly, "you guys." Catherine said trying very hard not to cry her eyes out. 
 
"It's going to be okay now Catherine I promise!" Sandeul said, he could see she was holding her emotions in for now. It had been a intense few days and it probably wasn't going to let up anytime soon. "And you are coming to live with us okay, there is no way we are leaving you alone." Gongchan added he was still coming  to terms with what had happened and it hadn't even happened to him. Catherine knew that the press were outside and was anxious about that, she just wanted to get better without having press looking at her every single move, she'd already be looking over her shoulder until Jake was caught anyway. CNU just looked out of the window at all the reporters standing there waiting for news on Catherine, he really hated this she was going through enough as it was the press was the last thing she needed to deal with. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms round her and he said. 
 
"I promise you now that none of us will let anyone or anything hurt you, no matter how big or small we will never let you go."