seung-gwan - Coffee Shop

☼Summer review shop ft. SHINee

Title: 7/10

Description/Foreword: 18/20

Plot: 10/10

Language*: 28/30

Originality: 8/10

Flow: 10/10

Characters development:  10/10

 

FINAL: 91/100

 

Reviewer's comments:

First of all the title is really common in AFF I mean it's "Coffee Shop" but well what can I do? I mean, the Coffee Shop plays an important part in the oneshot so even though it's a really common title, it still makes sense because it links with the oneshot. (: (p.s: I love the poster xD) The capitalization is perfect too! I mean, who doesn't know how to capitalize "Coffee Shop" lol XD

Your description is short but it is veeery meaningful and that is why you got a high mark for it! :D It describes the whole story in just  few sentences! That's really good! (: I felt somehow touched when I read the description and making a reader touched is really special! (like what my teacher said heheh) And lol the part when you said you were drinking coffee while listening to B.A.P's Coffee Shop is fab. XD you even put  lot of details like the pairing, the word count, when you started, when you finished and even your inspiration! Authors in AFF, to me, rarely do that.

The plot, it has angst and I loveee angst! Ya know sometimes at night when I can't sleep, I tend to read angst fanfics so that I can cry and crying makes me sleep ahahaha. (i bet you don't care but oh well :p) The plot is pretty common like a guy who lost his loved one but still waits for that person even though he knows that that person won't come back. But even so, it was really touching and it felt like it really happened and it was also really sad.. I kept imagining what would happen if I was in Youngjae's position.. ): I mean, losing your loved ones is reaaally sad.

I can't say much about your language because it is fabulous. (idk why I love the word "fabulous") Your tenses aren't mixed up like what I usually do and you used good vocabulary! You also did well in describing the sceneries! You know, the part when Youngjae walked by the familiar buildings. I can totally imagine what it looked like. Also, there are no grammar errors! However, there is one, and only one typo, actually I don't think it was a typo. It's more like, you missed the space in "aswell". But well yeah I can't do anything about that I mean people make typos (like Donghae ohoho he is the King of Typos hahaha) so yeah! About your paragraphing, in my opinion, you had too much paragraphs! Like one paragraph only consists of one or two sentences in average. 

For originality, well you obviously took it from the lyrics to B.A.P's Coffee Shop. I'm not saying that you did plagiarism or something hell no you didn't do that because you obviously (obviously again) mentioned that that was your source of inspiration! But even though you took it from the lyrics to a song, the oneshot, the way you wrote it makes it look like you totally own the oneshot! 

The flow is great! You literally explained everything from the beginning of the oneshot till the end! I understand the whole thing! You explained about why going to that specific coffee shop becomes a habit for Youngjae! (: I think that part was the most touching! ^^

You didn't spoil the characters' personalities in your description/foreword so your character development is awesome! You explained their characteristics and personalities in the chapter and that's good (: Even though I still can't know more about Daehyun's personality since well, he's practically gone, I still can imagine what his personalities are! For Youngjae, well from what you described, he is a sweet and caring guy who will not stop waiting for a person even though he knows he won't come. Really touching!

Overall, this story is depressing, touching and meaningful! Suitable for people who just wants to let their hearts out by crying. (: Also, you helped me learn more about tenses so that I won't mix them up! lololol my teacher will be proud! XD Loads of credits to you ma friend. And as what I said in my somehow short bio in the first chapter, I will love ya down ahahahaha! 

Click here to read this touching Daehyun X Youngjae oneshot! ^^

Keep writing touching oneshots like these! <3 

- hallyuloverxoxo

 

 

*Language refers to punctutaion, paragraphing, grammar, etc.