silent_rose - Secret Distress

☼Summer review shop ft. SHINee

Title: 10/10

The title is short, yet, it is very captivating! It causes readers to think, "What could be the distress?" Also, it's unique! I've searched in google 'asianfanfics.com secret distress' and only your story has the title XD All the others are like 'Damsel in Distress', 'Boyfriend in Distress', etc. I really love your title and if I found it while searching through stories, I would definitely click on it!^^

Description/Foreword: 10/20

I'm sorry to give you such a low score :( The description was quite a spoiler about the story to me: that this Ara girl falls for Kris. However, what caught my attention was the way you wrote it. It was very beautiful :) You also didn't spoil whether Kris likes her back or not. It grabs a reader's curiousity - he/she would want to know whether Kris likes her back or not. 

For the foreword, introducing the characters is okay, but I strongly discourage authors to describe the characters' personality. Characters are supposed to be described throughout the story. You spoiled lots of things here in which when a reaader reads it, they would partly know the plot and wouldn't be interested to read.

Again, I'm so sorry to give such a low score >< Please don't kill me /cries/

Plot: 5/10

Although it is based on a true story, the plot is still quite cliché. It'll be nicer if you modify it a little, maybe having Hyorin hating Kris so much and so on, because this kind of plot is very common and 80% of the stories in AFF has this story. However, you did gave some touch on the story which made it that it's a little different..

Language*: 29/30

Your mistakes are very little, and they're only minor too! Well, since English is your first language, I'm not surprised XD However, sometimes you got the tenses mixed up. Just work on your tenses, I think it'll be good :) 

Originality: 5/10

I think this is the maximum I could give you. I say it's half original since it's based on your true story, but then, again, the plot is too cliché. Out of all stories in AFF, this plot is the most cliché one so it'll be better if you could improve it yourself to maybe like twist it a little (?)

Flow: 6/10

It was a little too quick. I mean, how could you fall in love after just seeing him once? And he keeps appearing in your dreams? Okay, I believe in 'love at first sight'. But it's just too quick for a fanfic and yeahh, I'm sorry I couldn't give you high marks for this. However, this is just my personal opinion, and people's opinions are different from mine so don't worry. There may be some people who likes it!

Characters development:  5/10

Since you described their personality in your foreword, it was quite disappointing since you didn't continue to develop your character furthermore. Yet, you did a somehow great job on putting the characters in!^^

 

FINAL: 65/100

 

Reviewer's comment:

You did a great job in describing moments! Your grammar is also great! I really love your story, although the plot is too cliché. Please don't get disappointed, I know you can do more than this! Hwaiting!

-chanteks

 

STORY LINK

 

 

 

*Language refers to punctutaion, paragraphing, grammar, etc.