The Date

An American Girl

 

Hoorah for Infinite's comback later this month!  Just saying, today was my birthday and getting to read the comments and hearing the news about Infinte might've made it Very memorable ^^  Thank you once again!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jin Hyun pulled out a chair for Helen as they took their seats at a reserved table in a slightly busy restaurant.  There were a few tables being cleared, a few private rooms were available and one large table, to Helen’s left, was reserved.  Jin Hyun blocked her view of the room as he took his seat next to her, also on her left.  He rubbed his hand beneath the table until he heard a click; his gun was locked into place.  Helen smoothed out her dress, making sure her own weapon was secured and covered.

The owner of the restaurant had already given permission for the company and was somewhat informed of what was to take place tonight.  Many people, globally, had heard “tales” and “stories” of the company and what it did; many, in fact, didn’t believe the company even existed but still the name “Madacorp” was a term no one used lightly.  Those that had actually come into contact with Madacorp always felt honored that they had been chosen and were happy to help in any way possible.

Jin Hyun had known Helen since she joined the company, five years ago; they had been paired together almost immediately and were known to have the most completed missions in the entire company.  They were praised and rewarded generously for working so well and being so devoted to the company’s cause, especially at such young ages.  Jin Hyun was 22 and his fancy suit helped give him an edgy, determined, business-like look.  

Hyun smiled at her once they got settled, “I picked it out.”  He spoke proudly while lifting the wine to his mouth. 

“Figures.”  Helen replied.  “You always wanted to see me in girly clothes, didn’t you?”  She teased.

“Maybe...”  Jin Hyun grinned at her mischievously.  Helen laughed, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.  Jin Hyun made sure to always remind Helen that even though she called him “Oppa” that he was definitely not related to her; he did this by throwing cheesy lines at her whenever they met.  A situation like this only helped Jin Hyun prove his point.

“You pushed this concept, didn’t you?”  She accused.  Jin Hyun smirked and took another sip of the wine. 

Before Helen could retort a waiter approached their table.  “Son-nim, I believe your guests are here.”  He bowed and motioned towards the entrance where two men in suits stood.

Jin Hyun nodded and set his glass down as he rose from his seat.  “Park Song will sit in front of you and he is the man to be arrested later this evening – wait for the phone to ring; the other man is my business, so don’t interrupt us.”  He whispered as he pushed in his chair before leaving the table to greet the two men.  Helen sipped at her water, getting ready to play the decoy. 

 

The lights clicked on and Infinite’s apartment filled with life after a long day’s work of schedules.  The boys plopped down on the sofa and on the ground, tired and hungry.  Jungryul was the last to enter; as he closed the door behind him he couldn’t help but look at Helen’s “room”.  He knew that she wasn’t going to suddenly appear from behind that door but deep in his heart he really wished for it.

“Hyung,”  Sunggyu called out; his voice was muffled as he was laying on his belly and his face pressed against the cold, wood floor.  “Food.  Please.”  The other members began to chime in, begging as well. 

“Helen left food for you in the fridge.”  Jungryul motioned his head towards the kitchen.  Sungjong jumped up immediately; he had high expectations, now, for anything Helen cooked.  Hoya and Myungsoo followed close behind while the rest remained in their seats, too exhausted to fight for a meal.  “Don’t eat too much though; we can go get a real meal in a bit, ok?”  Jungryul spoke. 

“Eodie?”  Sungyeol turned his head towards Jungryul.

“Your favourite restaurant.”  Jungryul smiled.  “You all did very well today so I thought I’d treat you to something special.” 

The members began to lift their heads and glance at each other as the excitement rose.  “Bulgogi!!”  They screamed in unison and new energy brought them back to life.  They quickly gathered their things: money and cell phones as Jungryul silently walked into Helen’s room, closing the door behind him.  He sighed knowing no one could hear him.  “Couldn’t you have stayed just a little bit longer?”  he asked the silence. 

Jungryul left the room, leaving the door wide open; he entered the kitchen where Sungjong and Hoya were eating the snacks Helen had made.  Sungjong, looking over Jungryul’s shoulder, was the first to notice something strange.  “Hyung,” he spoke, pushing the goguma into his cheek, “where’s Helen?”

Jungryul ran a hand through his hair, sighing.  Hoya stopped chewing his food and put the container down.  “Hyung?”  Their eyes met. 

“She had…work.”  The rest of Infinite began to gather in the kitchen as Jungryul explained that Helen wouldn’t be coming back.