The Dinner Guest

An American Girl

 

awww man no one cared about the skinship in the last chapter ;[

 

oh well...since there were Some votes for "no outfits" i'll just post the link and you can click on it if you want: keep in mind her clothes may not be what you or i personally like but i choose based off of what helen's character would wear ^^

http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/02/192/L_g0015519202.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hoya stretched his arms above his head as he walked next to Helen and Jungryul.  The Yonsei University Trot concert had finally ended and the security guards had been released.  “Are you hungry?”  Jungryul turned his head towards Helen, raising his eyebrows.

Sungjong interrupted, rubbing his stomach, “Hyung, na bae gopayo!”

Helen smiled, “Ne, Appa.”  She nodded her head.  Jungryul returned her smile and glanced over her head, looking at Hoya.  Hoya looked slightly distracted as his attention was focused straight ahead but there wasn’t anyone on the sidewalk ahead of them, however Hoya was smirking and smiling – as happy as ever.  Jungryul’s eyes focused on movement as he watched Hoya play with Helen’s hands where they thought no one could see.  Ahhh…so this is what these kids have been up to.  Normally, Jungryul would be absolutely against these interactions and Infinite was not supposed to be dating – it was against their contract – however Jungryul let it slide this time…maybe it was because he was biased towards Helen but Jungryul liked to believe it was because he really hadn’t seen any dating going on between the two.  He turned a blind eye to their relationship – for now.

Suddenly, Helen’s cell phone rang and the two separated their hands as if they’d been caught.  She fished the phone out of her pocket; looking at the front screen Helen grimaced.  “Nugusaeyo?” Jungryul nudged her with his elbow. 

Helen defensively pulled the phone to her chest and held up her finger, “Han bun.”  She motioned for the boys to keep walking as she fell in step behind them but out of earshot.  “Yeobosaeyo.”  Her tone changed immediately from friendly to stern as she answered Jin Hyun’s call.

“Anneyeong!” Jin responded, his voice filled with an awkward, unusual happiness.  His tone put Helen on edge – something that had never happened before.  She pressed the receiver closer to her ear, hoping she’d only made a mistake.  “Helen?”  She stopped in her tracks and pulled the phone away from her face, shocked.  Something was wrong and Hyun wasn’t hiding it very well.

“Helen?”  Hoya had been watching her out of the corner of his eye and had stopped walking when she did.  “Gwaenchanayo?”  He took a few steps towards her.

“Oh, are you with someone?”  Hyun commented through the phone.

By now Hoya had reached her side; Sungjong and Jungryul had stopped a few steps ahead and both wondered what was going on.  She looked at Hoya, afraid of saying the wrong thing.  “Ne.” She couldn’t decide if she was answering Hoya’s or Hyun’s question. 

Hoya tilted his head at her while Hyun continued to talk, “Oh arasso...” his tone changed sounding a bit saddened. 

Helen’s gaze shifted, over Hoya’s shoulder, to look at Jungryul.  She shot him a look and he knew instantly that work was on the phone – or so he thought.  “I’m heading to get some food.”  Jungryul started to retrace his steps towards Helen.  “I’ll call you when I’m done, ok?”  She was about to hang up when she heard Hyun speaking.

“Hajiman! “ Hyun yelled loud enough that both Hoya and Jungryul heard him through the phone.  Helen lifted it back to her hear, “I know it’s rude…but could I possibly join you and your…friend?” his friendly tone had returned but Helen tried to sound indifferent.

“Arasso.”  She waved her hand in the air, signaling nothing was wrong to the other boys while she listed the address for Hyun.  When she hung up everyone was looking at her.  “Jeongmal mianhae.  Na chingu…” she glanced at Jungryul, “he asked if he could join us for dinner.”

Hoya and Sungjong seemed to be ok with the situation and moved on quickly as they followed the sidewalk to the restaurant.  Jungryul, however, didn’t like mixing Madacorp with his boys; he genuinely felt protective over them and he worried why Helen had agreed to such a spontaneous outing.  He snuck a glance at Helen but became even more concerned when he saw the emotions playing across her face.  Anger pinched at the corners of her eyes but they had also swelled up with about-to-be tears; her lips twitched slightly and her forehead was creased with wrinkles.  He realized, looking at her, that she was just as worried as he was.

 

They arrived at the restaurant but Helen pushed them inside, saying she would wait for their guest.  Jungryul was the last to enter as he gave her a cautious look.  Be careful. He hoped his eyes passed the message to her.  Helen nodded and turned to look down the street, hoping to catch sight of Jin Hyun. 

 

They entered the restaurant together without speaking as Hyun avoided Helen’s warning looks; they took their seats around a private table.  On the left side Sungjong was already sitting in the corner and Helen took an empty seat next to him; apparently Jungryul had added an extra seat for Hyun who sat on Helen’s right side.  Across from Hyun, Hoya sat, sipping his water and watching the man over the brim of his glass.  Jungryul sat across from Sungjong and Helen, eyeing the stranger with caution.  Helen began the introductions, “Ah…ye…this is Jin Hyun.  He’s a...”

“A friend from work!” Hyun cut in before she could think of something to say.

Jungryul looked at Helen, as if he was double checking the man’s words.  Helen only nodded and picked up her own glass of water; she finished half of the cup within seconds.  Jungryul could tell she was nervous and on edge; it didn’t help his own nerves as he shifted in his seat.  Sungjong was perfectly content with the stranger, as he was with many people he intended to become friends with.  The idea that he was at a famous bulgogi restaurant didn’t damper his optimistic mood, either.  Hoya…he was curious and somewhat intrigued but not as to whom Hyun was but why he was making Helen uncomfortable.  It was something she didn’t hide well; she looked up at him, biting her lower lip.  That desperate look was plastered to her face for a split second; he shot Helen the look he’d given her in the dressing/waiting room earlier.  Don’t.  Hoya slightly pulled the cup away from his mouth.  Don’t do that.  He was pleading with his eyes.  Helen looked away and played with the napkin in her lap.

“So, were you in the area?”  Jungryul picked up his cue from the silence. 

“Ye, work had pulled me in this direction; I hadn’t intended to be nearby when I called Helen.  I had only hoped I could make plans for a late dinner with her.”  Hyun was being unusually formal; it caught Helen’s attention and she glanced sideways at him.  His hands were folded in his lap.  Manners?  Where did those come from?  Helen slightly joked with herself. 

However, while Helen silently laughed at her own thoughts Hoya was gripping his glass tight.  Late dinner?  Who am I kidding…of course she already has someone to look after her.  Hoya was jealous and embarrassed all in one moment; Jin Hyun’s cheesy smile wasn’t helping Hoya control his temper either.  Jungryul tapped his leg under the table; catching Hoya’s attention he glanced at his manager.  Jungryul pointed to his fist resting in open view on the table; the whites of his knuckles were showing and his hand was starting to shake.  Hoya pulled his arm off of the table, unclenching his fist.  He glanced up at Helen; she was staring at Hyun while he talked, but when he looked closer he realized something strange.  Helen wasn’t looking at Hyun’s face, nor was she even listening, she was staring at the blood smear on his left shoulder.