The Sinchon Stage

An American Girl

 

So because there weren't many votes (but thank you for doing it!!)   i'm going to just put the URL link of Helen's character up and if you Want to look you can; if you don't then don't ^^

 

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgivxcoaQI1qaxmqdo1_400.jpg  - Helen

 

 

please enjoy and keep reading; i hope everyone likes the story and i'm trying to make it much better!

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________-

Infinite stood behind a large, black curtain; a lady from the event’s company was calling out their names and handing them the corresponding microphones.  Fans were yelling and could easily be heard; spot lights played funny colors on people’s faces while Infinite continued to prepare.  BTD’s remix played on a loop while a slideshow introduced the members on a canvas for new fans to get to know the boys. 

Infinite jumped onto the stage, with refreshing energy, as the loud cheering turned into an indecipherable roar.  Girls held up signs spelling out their favorite member’s name and the boys smirked at one another as Sunggyu made the general introductions.  Infinite stood in a line and said “Hello” before starting their first song. 

The concert was hosted on a small stage; even though Infinite’s popularity had grown the audience was not huge, but no matter what, the boys were happy to have any attention.  Infinite had decided to sing almost all of their songs, including ones they hadn’t learned a dance to and yet the fans still loved it and sang along.  Infinite was singing “Entrust” and moving about the stage randomly; it was their turn to throw cute signs and gestures towards the fans.  Myungsoo waved as a cluster of fans held up a large sign with his name on in and blew kisses at him.  Dongwoo could never keep still as he paced back and forth, left and right, from one stage end to the other; his excitement rose the louder the fans got.  Sungyeol performed his dance he’d shown on “Children of the Night” while Sungjong danced to f(x)’s Hot Summer. 

Eventually the song ended and the boys bowed before Sunggyu spoke into the microphone.  “Ah, thank you very much!  Here’s our last song, Nothing’s Over. “  Infinite performed their 90˚bows and got into their positions for the song.    The song began and the boys happily used their last ounce of energy to make the show memorable for all of the fans.  However, Hoya had been paying attention to the audience more than usual.  A few songs ago something…someone had caught his eye but he’d shrugged it off, carelessly.  But now…he saw the person again and something impossible.  Helen’s red hair cascaded down onto her shoulders as it flowed freely in the humid wind.  It had taken Hoya some time to recognize her because of the strange uniform she was wearing: http://www.kpoplive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/4.jpg (something like their clothes and boots but more of a military look).  Hoya lost his place in the dance steps and hurried to get to his position before his rap started.  As the boys spread away and he walked towards the front of the stage he could see her more clearly now; she was speaking with a man dressed in a normal security guard outfit: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/107839927/security_guard_uniforms.jpg (“Security” written in neon yellow).  He shook his head, agreeing with something she’d said and they both turned their attention towards the stage.  Hoya sang his part, “When we met each other for the first time,”  Helen’s eyes locked onto his as he touched his heart and raised his shoulders, “I was just shaking so much.”  Hoya continued with his rap, “The words you said to me, I was a fool to believe them.  I couldn’t sleep because of thoughts of you; I was trying to push them all back.  Hold me even though you’re drifting away.”  At his point, Hoya would usually jump to the side giving the spotlight to Sunggyu, but he hesitated this time as he stared at Helen.  A large sign was suddenly thrown up in the air and his view of her was blocked for only a moment, but when it came back down Helen was gone. 

 

“Ya, Hoya!”  Woohyun called after Hoya once the boys climbed off the stage.  “Hyung…you were really off in the last part, tonight.”  It was rare the times Hoya messed up a dance and Woohyun was milking Hoya’s pride as he swung his arm around Hoya’s shoulder, bringing him closer. 

“Hajiman.”  Hoya spoke harshly, pushing Woohyun off of him heading towards table covered with bottles of water. 

“Ya, Hoya!”  It seemed like Woohyun always called his name this way.  “What’s wrong with you?”  Sungjong had already been standing at the table, congrajulating the other members on a successful performance; when he saw Hoya’s frustrated face he took action.

“Hyun-gie,”  Sungjong made a play on words, drawing Woohyun’s attention away from a distressed Hoya.  Sungjong threw Woohyun a warning look, pleading him not to bother Hoya.  The other members had heard Woohyun’s question and had immediately turned to check on Hoya who refused to answer as he polished off a water bottle.  It was a little awkward for the members since no one really understood what was going on; eventually Sungyeol broke up the silence by childishly squirting Woohyun with his ice-cold water. 

                The two took off, Woohyun chasing Sungyeol in a parking lot across the street.  Sungjong cautiously approached Hoya who was nearing his second water bottle, “Hyung…” he softly rubbed Hoya’s back, making sure he had his attention.  “I know you didn’t sleep well last night…”  Sungjong furrowed his brows together in concern.  “Are you alright?”

                Hoya glanced up at Sungjong and opened his mouth to speak but Jungryul interrupted their side-conversation with his own excitement.  “Omo!”  The manager made a sudden motion to leave the tent/table area as he headed towards a group of security guards huddled together.  The remaining Infinite members turned their heads toward the action. 

                Once again, Hoya’s eyes were drawn to Helen as she bowed, accepting her paycheck.  The security guard she had been talking to patted her on the back, he bowed and took his leave.  Helen turned in the opposite direction, bumping into Jungryul.  He had expected her clumsiness and had already outstretched his arms, waiting for her hug; it took her a moment to stop apologizing and look up at Jungryul’s goofy grin.  Her jaw dropped open, surprised and shocked; she gratefully accepted the hug.  Helen nuzzled her head into Jungryul’s chest, “Appa…” she mumbled against his shirt. 

                When she had arrived at the event many hours before hand the crew was still setting up the decorations but it was immediately apparent that Infinite would be performing here.  Helen had taken a slight guess that Madacorp had done their research and knew the only “family” Helen had was with Jungryul; maybe they were trying to look nice and set her up where she was comfortable but another part of Helen wondered if they weren’t threatening her by trying to prove just how much they knew about her and the people around her.  Helen had a nice laugh imagining Boss sitting at his fancy, cherry desk in his skyscraper building watching Infinite’s music videos trying to discover all sorts of juicy information. 

                Helen had been debating whether or not she should approach Jungryul, tonight, at the concert or just disappear and not bother him again.  Apparently fate made the decision for me.  Helen thought, breathing in Jungryul’s scent: a light layer of well-deserved sweat, kimchi and probably the goguma she had made earlier.  Jungryul was resting his chin on her head, swaying their bodies back and forth, remembering that this was how he used to hold her when she ten years old.  “Appa, I missed you.”  Helen pulled away from the embrace.

                “You know you can always come back.”  Jungryul held onto her shoulder at arms length; maybe he was subconsciously worried that if he let go someone from that horrible company would snatch her away and there was nothing he could do about it.  Helen looked at the ground, hesitating.  “Helen, you know-“

                “Helen!”  Dongwoo had decided he’d waited long enough to say hello.  He stopped once he stood beside Jungryul and nodded at her.  “Just so you know, that gimbab you made…daebak!”  He gave her the thumbs up sign before more of Infinite gathered around.

                “You left our room smelling all…girly and fresh.”  Myungsoo teased, playfully pushing her.

                “Ne, annyeong.”  Sunggyu bowed politely.

                Woohyun and Sungyeol had returned but only for a short while, to say hello, before they continued their game of tag.  Jungryul tried to call after them, hoping they would stop acting like children but it was no use as they pretended they were out of earshot. 

                Sungjong and Hoya approached the group last.  Sungjong greedily took Helen’s hand in his, shaking it vigorously.  “Noona, please make me more food!  These Hyungs will never feed me as well as you did, Noona.”

                Helen laughed and dropped her head in embarrassment; covering a large smile she shook her head “Yes.”

                Sungjong pulled Helen in for a close hug, “Kamsahamnida Noona!”   He released her and returned to stand next to Hoya.  Hoya seemed dazed until Sungjong nudged him inconspicuously. 

                “Ah ye, annyeonhasaeyo Helen-si!”  Hoya bowed and smiled at her.  Helen smiled back; Hoya could see the healing wound at the corner of . 

                Jungryul spoke, “So Helen…do you care to explain today’s outfit to me?”  He laughed from his gut.

                 She bit her lip, closing her eyes and smiling, “My work sent me here; said they needed a few security positions filled.”  Helen hadn’t realized she’d set herself up for a trap.

                “As if!”  Dongwoo shouted.  “How are you expected to tackle any of these crazy fans?  You’re half their size!”  It seemed as if this thought multiplied throughout Infinite and they waited for Helen to explain the situation.

                Helen’s mouth fell agape, “Ah…ye…well…”  She was stuttering a bit.

                “Please Hyung, she’s probably stronger than you.”  Hoya stepped forward, grasping Helen’s bicep in his hand and held up her arm so Dongwoo could see.  Hoya winked at Helen and she understood his message; she flexed her muscle could finally be seen.  Dongwoo was taken aback as he was used to seeing tiny girls with no muscle or bigger girls…with no muscle.  Hoya dropped her arm, letting it fall back to her side as Dongwoo nodded his head, speechless.  Hoya laughed at his response but stayed beside Helen. 

                “Well if you’re convinced, Dongwoo, shall we head home?”  Jungryul dug out the van keys from his jeans pocket.

                Infinite replied in unison, “Ye!”  It had been implied between the men that Helen was returning back to Infinite’s dorm but as she turned in the opposite direction Hoya caught her. 

                “Ani, gaja.”  He motioned his head towards the black van in the parking lot as the members began to pile in.  Sungjong swooped up from behind the two, grabbing Helen’s free arm and pleaded with his eyes.

                “Bae gopayo, Noona.”  Sungjong complained, rubbing his stomach playfully. 

                Jungryul had already opened the passenger door for Helen, motioning for her to join them.  Sunggyu was already lying across Woohyun’s lap as Sungyeol called out for Hoya to hurry up and get in his seat.  It all happened so fast and before Helen could say no someone was pulling the seatbelt across her chest and closing the door.  When Jungryul jumped into the driver’s seat with a huge smile on his face Helen couldn’t help but let a tear fall from her face; he reached across the empty space and wiped the tear away.  Helen did the same for him as Jungryl had begun to cry as well.  It had been a moment the two had wished for, for many years – a time when she didn’t need to go anywhere, a time where the only place she was needed was right beside Jungryul, a time where she could enjoy her life.