Shopping

One Crazy Summer

Blue - English

Green - Indonesian

Pink - Spanish

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joon Ah’s POV

I groggily begin to twitch my eyes slowly. Aimlessly, I search for my phone somewhere around my pillow, and eventually I fluttered my eyes open and stared at the digital clock displayed on my phone.

“Ugh…. It’s still 7:33,” I mumbled to myself. ‘Let me sleep some more. It’s so….comfortable.’ I stayed on my bed for a few more minutes when it was disturbed by a loud banging on the door.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

“Wake up! Hurry and take a shower! We’re having breakfast at eight. Hurry up,” eomma shouted from behind the door.

“Tch.”

After I finally get my off of my bed, I walked over to the cupboard and grab my undergarments, a loose white crop top matched with a black cardigan, and a pale white-grey skinny jean to wear for the rest of the day.

 

When I opened the door, I saw that unnie was sitting in front of the TV and had finished taking a shower. She was wearing a ripped black leather pants and a red plaid sleveless shirt. It says WOLF 88 on it. It was the same exact replica that Kai has. It's her favorite shirt when she bought it online. 


(pretend that it says WOLF 88; I couldn't find it online -_-)

‘I guess I’m the last one.’ As I entered the bathroom, I turned around and locked the door to make sure no one is going to disturb my shower.

I begin to step into the shower and twisted the valve labeled ‘hot’. The moment the water made contact to my skin, I flinched at the sudden rise of temperature, but eventually I got used to the heat. With my eyes closed, I stood under the shower for a while, letting the water slide down all over my body before I began to swipe my hair back. Swiftly, I grab my shampoo and squirted the liquid out of its content, and massaged my head, from the scalp to the bottom tip of my hair. I snatched a bar of soap and begin to scrub my body with it. Afterwards, I turned back to the running water, and rinsed myself clean and stepped out of the shower. I quickly dried my hair, then slipping into my clothes.

I wiped the foggy mirror with the towel and stared at my reflection. ‘Oh God. Look at you. Your face is hideous. That visible, dark eye bag underneath your eyes is just horrendous.’ After mentally insulting myself, I grab the hair-dryer and begin drying my hair at an incredibly fast pace. After a while, I had just finished with the final touches of my makeup and stepped out of the bathroom after gathering my dirty clothes and place it in the laundry basket.

 

**********

 

Clink! Clank!

The sound of plates being abused by spoons, forks, and knives are ringing in the kitchen. On my plate was a display of a typical breakfast; two pieces of egg-in-a-basket, cereal with cut up berries, and a glass of cocktail juice.

  

 

“Where do you want to go today?” appa asked.

“We should go to COEX Mall,” I suggested.

“They said it’s the largest underground mall in Asia, unnie added.

“Alright. And don’t forget to drink your medicine afterwards, said appa, pointing at unnie.

 

After breakfast, we made our way back to our room to get ready and leave at ten. I slipped on my pink Nike low-heels and placed my pink satchel bag over my shoulder.

Unnie was wearing her black combat boots and a white beanie that says 'WOLF'. She has different colors of the same exact hat. She also had a black backpack with some studs on it.

   

As soon as we reached the front steps of the building of our apartment, we called a taxi over to us.  

“To where?” the driver asked.

“Ahjussi, drive us to COEX Mall, please,” I requested.

“Ne.”

 

The ride to the mall was silent, but it wasn’t long. As we stop in front of the entrance, appa handed the driver a wad of cash before exiting the car. I gazed at my surrounding and the entrance seem some what plain. 

We walked slowly and start inspecting every little detail we see. I then came to realize that the outside has been fooling me all along. 

"Damn," I exclaimed, "This is awesome!"

"It's so huge! I don't know where to go first," unnie commented. 

Eomma decided for us when she enters the first store she sees; and in the end, we all followed her so we won't lose her. She doesn't know how to speak Korean, no one in our family does, exccept for Joonhae unnie and me. We browse through aisles and aisles of racks, and we found everything into our liking. I have to admit, Koreans have better taste in fashion. Joonhae unnie and I grab a few sets of clothings and dash into the changing room. I tried on different kinds of clothings, from jeans to dresses, but sadly, I get to to only choose one thing to buy out of this store. Eomma said "it's too expensive" or "we can find other things in other stores." Well, I can't blame her for the "it's too expensive" part because it is too pricey.  After changing to what it seems like hundreds of times, I dejectedly put away the last pair of top back on to its rightful rack. 

Out of the blue, I saw Joonhae unnie came running over to me with two dresses in hand.

"Joona! Look at what I found," she exclaimed, "I found these two dresses out in the last section and it's the last piece!" I inspected from the tippy top to the bottom of the dresses and both have the same floral design.

"OH MA GAD! It's so pretty and cute! Let's go change into these," I suggested.

"Okay," unnie replied while handing me one of the floral designed dresses. 

"We are so buying this," I added excitedly.

**********

After we paid for the dresses, we made our way to the food court to eat lunch. "What do you want to order?" I asked eomma and appa.

"We'll both have bibimbap," eomma replied. "Alright. Just find a table for us to seat," unnie responded. With that being said, I begin to walk over to the line that is formed in front of the counter. 

"So what are you gonna get?" I asked, "For me, I'm probably gonna get bulgogi and kimchi."

"Yo voy a tener la misma cosa (I'm going to have the same thing)," she replied.

"B​ien."

Minute passed and we finally moved up to the front of the line. For a quick few seconds, we scanned the menu just to make sure we have everyhting we need to order. "So, what can I do for you today?" the cashier questioned.

"Ne, uhhmm... I would like to have two bulgogi and two kimchi," Joonhae unnie requested. 

"Anything else?" the cashier retorted back.

"And one bibimbap, please ~" I added, "Eolmayeyo?"

"That'll be ₩ 57,000," the cashier said. "Gamsahabnida!" I exclaimed, while the change being handed to me after I payed. We brought over the two trays filed with our orders over to the table our parents chose. We devoured our food pretty quickly, and soon, we were back walking around the mall and explore the other parts we haven't seen yet. 

"Look at those necklaces! They are so vintage and unique," I dragged unnie inside the accessory store and our parents followed suit. Joonhae unnie and I begin on our own separate ways and browse through the racks of hanging necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. 

"Did you find anything yet?" eomma asked. 

"Nope, not yet," I replied.

"Well, hurry," eomma responded. 

I wearily sigh as it was hard for me to choose something particular liking to my taste. There were some good necklaces and rings. I skimmed through the rows of necklaces and my gaze fell onto a group of really vintage and cute necklaces. There was a ballerina, a globe, an owl, a camera, a bird in a cage, and a scissor. They were already wrapped together. 'I guess I'm choosing this one...'

I looked over my shoulder and I saw Joonhae unnie examining the bracelet section. I decided to look at it and see if I could find any that I like.

"Hey, what you got there?" Unnie asked pointing at the necklaces in my hand.

"Just a few necklaces. There weren't really many that suits me; but there are some that might suit you," I said to her and she just nodded. I turned my attention back to the rows of bracelets and they had really weird designs or just very simple and boring ones. I was about to leave when I spotted a really pretty pearl bracelet. It has charms on it. I grabbed it and went to a different section.

I arrived in front of the ring section. And no, I'm not gonna check out the earring section next. I guess what I have is already plenty, plus imagine what Joonhae unnie will have. Anyway, I looked through the ring sections and saw some cute couple rings. 

"You can buy that for you and your boyfriend, agassi," an ajumma said and I raised my head to just smile at her.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I plainly stated.

"That's a shame! A pretty girl like should at least have a boyfriend," the ajumma exclaimed.

I chuckled. "I've never had a boyfriend before."

"Impossible! Are you sure?" the ajumma asked then she noticed me eyeing some of the rings. "Would you like those?"

"Huh? Oh. I'm still just looking," I said to her.

"Here," she gave me a box full of rings. Inside it has twenty four rings with different and unique designs. They were very beautiful - all of them were. "Take it. I'll give you half the price," the ajumma said and smiled.

I hesitated a bit but she shoved it in my hand. "Gamsahabnida~!" I thanked her and made my way to Joonhae unnie. She seemed like she was happy and excited for some reason. 'I guess she found what she was looking for.'

"You done?" I asked unnie and she nodded excitedly. "What did you pick anyway?"

"I'm gonna buy this really cool skull necklace and this anchor bracelet!" she exclaimed. I looked at the design of the necklace an the bracelet. The skull had wings and a crown; the bracelet is just an anchor and a boat steering wheel. It was simple, but it looks really pretty and it suits her.

 

"What is that?" unnie asked, pointing at the mahogany colored box. 

"It's a box full of rings,” I replied, “They are absolutely gorgeous.”

“Waahh… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s so… appealing,” said unnie after I reveled what’s inside. “Where did you found this, Joona?” she asked, pointing at the box.

“This ahjumma gave it to me for only half the price,” I replied.

“Great! Let’s go pay. I think we have plenty of accessories already,” suggested unnie. We gathered all the jewelries that we have chosen and made our way to the cashier.

 

“Oh! Are you two twins?” ahjumma asked with a surprise expression shown on her face.

“Ne. Urineun ssagdung-iyeyo,” I replied with a sheepish smile.

“Aigoo, both of you are so beautiful,” ahjumma exclaimed, “So where are you from?” she continued talking while scanning the prices of our items.

“We’re from Indonesia,” unnie decided to speak up.

“Omo, you’re Korean is so clear, but I can tell it’s not that fluent, right?” praised ahjumma.

“Ne, majseubnida,” Joonhae unnie answered. “Ahjumma, eolmayeyo?”

“Ah! It’s 73, 000,” ahjumma replied.

“Gamsahabnida!” I exclaimed after handing her the money with the exact change, “Jeogmal gamsahaeyo,” I thanked her one more time before waving goodbye.

“Aigoo, gwaenchanha,” ahjumma said waving back. “Come again!”

“Ne!” Both Joonhae unnie and I answered perkily. We made our way back to our parents who were waiting outside the store. As soon as they saw us approaching them, they stood up and waited for us to reach to them.

“How much did you spend?” eomma curiously asked.

“We spent about 73, 000,” unnie answered.

73, 000?! That’s a lot of money! What did you spent it on?” appa asked irritated.

“We only bought some necklaces, bracelet, and a box of rings,” I responded while showing the contents of the plastic bag. Eomma and appa weren’t quite satisfied with the amount of things that we just bought, but eventually, they’ll brush it off.

 

*********

 “Ugh!” I sighed heavily as I plopped myself on the bed displayed in the middle of my bedroom. I rested for a while and starred at the ceiling feeling bored. Suddenly an idea popped in my head. I hastily got up and get out of my bedroom and barged into unnie’s room. The moment I opened the door, she gazed up at me.

“Hey, do you want to go to the café?” I asked full of hope.

“Sure?” she replied confusingly.

“Okay then. Get ready,” I told her, slowly closing the door.

“Wait! I can’t go now. I have to feed Cyrus first,” said unnie.

“UGGGHH! Why can’t mom do it instead?” I asked feeling irritated.

“Cyrus wants me to feed him,” said unnie dejectedly.

“That dickhead! I swear to God, I’m gonna kill him one day!” I angrily complained.

“You know what? I’ll just meet you there when I’m done. So go first, okay?” said unnie.

“Fine, I’ll meet you there. But don’t take so long,” I grumbled. I exited her room to get my bag. Before I leave, I triple check myself in the mirror and fixed any smudged make up or messy hair.

“Mom! I’m gonna go to the café, okay?” I shouted.

“Okay. But don’t go out for too long. Aren’t you gonna wait for her?” eomma asked.

“She told me to go ahead. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine and if you want anything, call me,” I responded. “I’m leaving now!” I yelled from across the room while struggling putting on my heels back on. Once again, I’m back outside breathing in the fresh, crispy air. I walked slowly so I could take my time and enjoy it to the fullest. ‘I really wish I could breathe this kind of air every day.’ Unconsciously, I arrived at the entrance of the café.

“Holy ,” I said shockingly under my breath. The café was packed. Every table was filled with people around their late teens and early twenties, laughing and chatting and the tables were filled with their drinks. I scanned every inch of the café with hope to see if there was an empty table available. I almost let out a defeated sigh when I at the last minute, I saw an empty booth in the farthest corner of the café. I made a dash to the seat that I found, but my hope was crushed the moment I saw that there was someone had seat right there since the beginning. I looked around the café once more but to no avail; there were no empty seats except for the booth that only one person was sitting on it. ‘Come on, Joona. You can do this. Hwaiting!’

“Jeogiyo,” I said to the person who was strangely covered from head to toe with skin barely showing. He had worn a sun glasses indoors which means he either just tries to be cool or wants his own privacy. So I chose the latter.

“Uhhhmm… I don’t want to invade your privacy, but can I seat here for the moment?” I asked, hoping he would agree.

“… Sure,” he said hesitantly looking at the empty chair across his seat.

“Gamsahabnida,” I said bowing, “Don’t worry. I’m going to move as soon as I see an empty table.”

“Take your time,” the stranger replied and move his attention back to his phone.

The atmosphere in our table was kind of awkward. About five minutes passed, and all I’ve been doing was staring at people on the other tables.

“I can’t believe it’s still full of people. Why is it so packed?” I muttered under my breath in English.

“Today is Saturday,” the stranger answered back in English. I was stunned that he had heard me uttered a sentence, but what surprised me more was that he was speaking in English. ‘His voice…. It’s so familiar…’

“So?” Brushing off his sudden change in language, I asked back in Korean.

“It’s always full on Saturdays, but today, there are more people than usual,” he replied.

“And why is that?” I curiously asked.

“Those" he said, pointing at a flock of people, "are students from a university not far from here, and they are celebrating their last exams before summer break,” informed the stranger.

Since the moment he replied to my questions, I can’t get his familiarity out of my head. As he focused back on his phone, I took the chance to examine his features that were visible. ‘That nose… and lips… Do I know him? Too bad I can’t see his eyes. Stupid sun glasses!’ For another minute, I stared at him trying to make out his familiar face. ‘OH. MY. ING. GOD. No way! Is that…?’

“Can I say something?” I asked to the stranger.

“You said ‘something’ already,” he retorted back not looking away from his phone while quoting the word ‘something’ with his fingers.

“Don’t play this game with me,” I complained.

“O…kay? Go on.”

I took a deep, deep, deep breath before I start talking. ‘Okay, Joona. Don’t regret this.’

“Hellooo? Any minute now,” he complained still not diverting his attention away from his phone.

“You look... familiar....” I said suspiciously. The moment I finally said that, his body stiffened for a slight second, and he snapped his head up making his sun glasses fell onto the table. My eyes widen and a deep gasped escaped my mouth.

 

‘It really is him. It’s…

 

 

 

 

 

Key.’

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Author Notes:

Hey there! Sorry I haven't been updating lately. It's not like I don't care, it's just that I'm really slow when I'm updating. 

And I also want to apologize to the people who started reading my story. I know in the intro is extremely boring, but please, don't leave. I promise you it will get exciting soon because on this chapter Key is introduced. This chapter was supposed to be updated yesterday in honor of Key's birthday but I didn't have time to finish it. So please, please, please comment and subscribe! 

I really need your comments!!! One comment is enough to make my day. So don't break my heart :'(