You

One Crazy Summer

Joon Ah’s POV

“God, you at rapping.”

“That’s why I oppose to this,” Taemin explained.

“OH HELL NO. You ain’t gonna do that,” I countered. “You WILL practice this rap, and you will perform it well. And you will need unnie’s help.”

“Why can’t y-“

“Nope. I don’t want to hear it. It’s OUR song, remember? Not mine,” I interjected. “So you will need a copy of this music.”

“Okay…“ He sighed. “Now what should we do? Movie marathon?”

“Call! Call! We should have fantasy. No. Comedy? Nah. Oooh! Action!”

“Horror it is!” He exclaimed.

“Mwo?!?!? Shiro! Andwae!” I complained. “I don’t want to watch scary movies~ Or else I can’t sleep at night.”

“I can’t hear you~” Taemin teased. “Where’s the popcorn by the way?”

“In the top left cupboard,” I told him as he left the door. “No scary movies, okay?! I’m choosing what we watch!” I yelled while opening a new tab in my laptop and search in the movie I wanted. I loaded the movie and after two minutes, Taemin came back with a huge bowl of popcorn in hand.

“Here you go. And give me that,” he placed the popcorn on my lap, and in return, he took away the laptop and exited the page. “Why the hell did you do that?!?! I was loading the movie!”

“Well, too bad! I already brought the CDs.” He showed me a display of three horror movies.

“Texas Chainsaw? Insidious 2?! The Conjuring?!?!” I yelled. “Are you trying to kill me?!??!”

“Maybe?”

“I am so gonna hate you for this.”

“Ssshhh. The movie’s starting.” I slapped his arm and he just chuckled at my resistance.

******

After 30 minutes into the movie, I had been screaming continuously. It was a nightmare I had to live, and as for Taemin, it was an entertainment he greatly enjoyed. ‘Damn you, Taemin. Damn you.’

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I checked my phone to see that I have new messages. From Baekhyun -_-‘

Kakao Talk

Baekhyun: Are you still busy?

Baekhyun: Yes?

Baekhyun: No?

Baekhyun: Answer me~

Joona: Why are you so persistent?

Baekhyun: Oh Yay! You’re not busy~

Joona: What do you want?

Baekhyun: Nothing. Just wanted to talk to you.

Baekhyun: Let’s play twenty questions! What is your favorite color?

Joona: I love blue. Light/ sky blue and silver :D How late did you stay up last night?

Baekhyun: Not late. I only stayed up until 10. About half an hour after you left.

Baekhyun: Do you like having a nickname?

Joona: I don’t really care… Do you?

Baekhyun: I don’t mind either. Let’s have a nickname for each other~!

Baekhyun: I shall call you Joonie~

Joona: I’m okay with it. Then I’ll call you Baekkie?

Baekhyun: Okay~ It’s your turn to ask me >o<

Joona: What kind of food do you like?

Baekhyun: I love any kind of Asian foods, but I like Japanese food the most. ^^

*****

I’ve been ignoring the whole movie. Baekhyun’s Baekkie’s cute messages kept me company and I would giggle at the stories he told me about him with Chanyeol. He’s a ball of sunshine. Both Baekkie and I managed to actually make our own secret handshake. It takes time, but it was worth it. I was about to reply to him when my phone wasn’t in my grasp anymore.

Taemin’s POV

I kept on hearing giggles and beeping sounds for the past hour. I glanced over at Joona and she was so engrossed in her phone. I was irritated that she didn’t watch the movie, so I snatched her phone away.

“Ya! I was talking to someone!”

“No phones during movie marathon,” I complained. “So, I will confiscate this phone.”

“Mwo?!?”

“Now watch the movie. We’re starting Insidious 2.” The whole time, she kept herself occupied with the popcorn. She kept shoving it in . ‘Such a scaredy cat.’ From time to time, she had her hands ready in front of her to cover her sight from seeing the “ghost.” There was a part where the ghost suddenly pops out of nowhere making Joona shriek in shock and hide her face on my shoulder and hang on to me tightly. I can feel the heat radiated from her body. It was very comforting; it makes me want to stay in her arms forever. ‘The am I saying?’ My thoughts were cut off when she mumbled a threat against my shoulder with a shaky voice.

“When this whole thing is over, you are so dead. SO. DEAD.” I chuckled at her childish threat.

Our movie was interrupted when the door burst open. “You’re still here?” Joonhae asked. “What are you guys doing? Why is the room so dark?”

“Oh we’re having a movie marathon,” I replied.

“Yeah, a scary movie marathon,” Joona added bitterly while glancing at me.

“Would you like to joi-“

“Well, bye! Good luck sleeping tonight!” She shouted and closed the door as she left. We continued watching the movie with the same routine as before. Joona would always retreat to her hands or my shoulder when the scary part comes, and I would always giggle at her actions. Truthfully, I wasn’t paying much attention to the movie; I was focusing more on Joona. ‘Who are you, Yoon Joona? Why do I feel the need to take care of you when you are independent and strong already?’ My thoughts were cut off when Joona’s name was yelled from outside her room. “Joona!”

“Crap! That’s my mom,” she whispered. “Go hide in the closet. Palli!” Without second thoughts, I jolted out of the bed and ran for the closet. I couldn’t understand what they were saying the whole time, but after a while, I heard the door closing, so I stepped out of the cupboard.

“That was so close,” I sighed. “What did she want from you anyways?”

“Nothing,” she shortly replied. “She just wanted to know if I ate.”

“Ohh~” I commented. “You know what, I’m just gonna lock the door; and after we finish this movie, I’ll go home. Kay??”

“Kay!”

I went to the door to lock the door when suddenly the door handle is pushed down by someone from outside. “!” I whispered. ‘Otteoke? Otteoke?!?!’ I didn’t know where to go. Like seriously, all I did was panicked in one place. I was standing right in front of the door. ‘Mianhae, Joona…’ The door was slowly opening and I hide by covering my face with my hands. I could tell the door was already opened because a bright light hit me. A few seconds passed by, and nothing happened.

“The are you doing??”

“Huh?” I mumbled and removed my hands from my face. Oh my god! She almost gave me a heart attack. “Oh, it’s just you!”

“Oh my god~!!! For a second, I thought I was gonna die,” Joona added.

“What the were you doing?” Joonhae asked me.

“Hiding~” I replied.

“Nice job!” she sarcastically replied and gave a thumbs up. “Anyway, you’re in trouble Taeminie. Key umma is really mad.” She shook her head in disappointment and folded her arms.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Because you went MIA and never texted Key or the other members where you were!” she whispered. “But I told Key that I didn’t know where you were. Anyway, you can’t go home right now. My parents are right outside watching a movie, so you gotta wait.”

“Wow… You nag like a mother,” I commented and I got a hit on my side in return. “AH!” Then she covered my mouth in a hurry and glared at me.

“Shh!” she shushed me. “Look, at least just text him that you’re still alive. I’m going to sleep. Bye guys!” She quickly left and closed the door. Before I went back to Joona and continue our movie, I make sure to lock the door. Twice.

“So how am I supposed to go home~?”

“Just wait until my parents fell asleep, and then you’ll sneak out.”

“Sounds good.” I jumped back to her side and pressed the spacebar to play the movie.

Joon Ah’s POV

“You are such a jerk!” I slapped his arm playfully. “Now I totally have different perspective of closets. And literally, if somebody snuck up behind me, I would die.”

“Don’t exaggerate stuff,” He responded.

“Shut up! I’m tired. Aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I’m so sleepy…”

“Then sleep here,” I suggested. “I’ll wake you up when my parents fell asleep.”

*******

I had a dream where Taemin was enveloping me with his long, tender arms as we were asleep. I suddenly woke up and realized that it was not a dream at all. Even though I was sleepy, I blushed at the skinship. I didn’t realize that I was also holding onto his waist and our legs were tangled up together. His head was propped above mine with his raven black hair tussled messily on top.  His dark lashes cascaded shadows down his soft, white cheeks and his pink lips were parted as he breathed. I looked at the time and it was 2:23 A.M. ‘!’ I shook Taemin in attempt to wake him so he can get home. “Taemin. Taemin-ah, ireona.” His grip around me tightened as if he was afraid to let me go. “Taeminie, you have to go back home.” As soon as I said that, his eyes shot open, but he didn’t let go of me right away

“What time is it?” he groggily asked. And I have to say, his voice sounds dangerously y.

“Uhhh… it’s 2:30.”

“Crap! I gotta go. Key umma will explode!” He jerked off from the bed head out for the door. “Bye, Joona. Heal soon, okay?” He waved and closed the door behind.   BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Before I fall back to sleep, someone messaged me.

Sehun’s POV

It’s 2:30 A.M. and I can’t seem to fall asleep. It’s been bugging me since yesterday, the day I met the twins. ‘Is she okay?’ Joona wasn’t with Joonhae when she came over to hang with the rest of EXO, why is that? So I decided to give it a try. I’ll probably fall asleep when waiting for her reply. I mean, come on, it’s almost three in the morning. I bet she doesn’t even wake up when somebody throw water on her.

Kakao Talk

Sehun: Hey

Sehun: Are you okay?

Sehun: It’s Sehun by the way

Sehun: You know what? Never mind. Delete this message when you wake up.

Joona: Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?

Sehun: Well, aren’t you?

Joona: What do you want anyways? Threaten me?

Sehun: No? I was wondering if you are okay

Joona: Why do you want to know?

Sehun: Well, sorry if I care

Sehun: Why aren’t you with your sister today?

Joona: Awww… I didn’t tell you? Then it must’ve been NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Sehun: Wow. Rude much? This is why I don’t particularly like you.

Joona: I don’t like you either. Mehrong~

Sehun: That was the lamest come back I’ve ever received. You are so boring.

Sehun: And I hate boring people.

Joona: Well, I hate jerkfaces like you.

Joona: You have no expression at all. Like a .

Joona: So… buttface!

Sehun: You take that back!

Joona: Okay… I’ll take that back ~(>.>)~

Sehun: I see somebody’s obedient

Joona: Yeah, right! From now on, you are ButtHun ;)

Sehun: Mwo?!? ButtHun?! The is that?

Joona: It suits you more than I think it was gonna be

Sehun: You are so lame

Joona: I’d be lying if I denied that….

Sehun: Since you have a nickname for me, I’ll call you Noona

Joona: Don’t you dare! I am not a noona!

Sehun: Conversing with you makes me sleepy

Joona: Then go sleep!

Joona: Who told you to talk to me?

Joona: Clearly, there’s something wrong with your brain

Sehun: And clearly, you are inconsiderate

Sehun: I'm out

Joona: YA! You better not call me noona!

End of Kakao Talk

Taemin's POV

I sprint to the dorm and arriving to a lasered eye Key umma. 'I am in deep .' I sighed and pretended that I didn't see him, but clearly, he wasn't going to let me go. "Where were you? Do you what time is it?" He interrogated me. I just kept my mouth shut and grab a bottle of water to chug down my throat and walk back to my room. "YA! LEE TAEMIN! Answer me!" Key umma shouted. "Do you know how worried we were?! You left in a hurry and have not answer your phone all day!"

"Mianhae. I was at a friend's place and my I forgot to charge my phone the night before, so it's dead," I replied. "Can we talk about this later? I'm tired and I wan't to get some sleep." I pleaded, hoping to let this subject off. 

"Arasseo," he complied. "You better explain everything." We went back to our room and I turned off the light, and we get into our own separated bed. Key umma soon fell asleep as he layed down. Who wouldn't be? He waited for me the whole time until I came back. 

I sighed at the emptiness. Out of the blue, I can feel my lip twitched upwards as I recalled back the scene I left moments ago. Honestly, I didn't want to leave. It was nice having Joona within my arms. She filled the emptiness I had felt every night. That's why I was sleeping peacefully. And now I can't seem to fall asleep. '. It can't be, right? This is really bad. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to hurt her...' I sighed one more time before humming our song to sleep with her face in mind. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, please, please tell me if the story is getting boring. I've been writing the whole time but never got to complete it in time. So sorry~ OTL

- TaeYyi

P.S. Remember,

SUBCRIBE AND DO COMMENT!