With Him

One Crazy Summer

No One's POV

Trembling inside, she feels the heavy weight pulling her down and slowing down her every steps. Every pair of eyes followed her every movement which scared the living out of her. A person lightly nudged her. 'Hyoshin oppa...' she thought. "You have an amazing talent. You'll be fine," he whispered. Joona smiled nervously in response. Finally, she made it up on the stage, standing by Taemin side. 

"Nervous?" Taemin whispered ever so softly that his breath tickled her ears. 

"Damn right I am," Joona replied playfully to ease her unstable mind. "What if I embarrassed myself? Or you."

"Take my hands," he said and interlaced his fingers between hers. "We can get through this together. You'll be safe with me. Even if you make a mistake, I'll be right here. So relax, okay?" She felt a warm reassuring squeeze. She has to admit that that the warm soft feeling made her calmer and not so nervous. Even though at first it shocked her. 

 

"Wow. I did not see that coming," said Baekhyun. "Especially Joonie."

"You think you're the only one? We're s and we're in shock right now," Key replied. 

"Did you know that Joonie is going to be performing with Taemin?" Kai asked Joonhae. "Can she sing?"

Before she could reply, Baekhyun slapped Kai, "Yah! That's my nickname for her. Find your own!"

"Just watch. You'll see," Joonhae dismissed. 

 

Joona hears the music begin and her heart beats rapidly against her chest. She tightly squeeze her hands in Taemin's and begin singing beautifully which shocked some of the audience that knows her. 

Violet: Joona | Turquoise: Taemin | Purple: Together | Black: Background (Joonhae)

(Click the link if you want to listen) BTOB 별 (Star)

Geuneun daheul su eobseul mankeum
Imi jeo nopeun gose itjyo
Banjjagineun sumanheun byeoldeulgwa hamkke bitnago itjyo

Gamhi gajil su eobseul mankeum neomu areumdawo geunyeoneun
Geureon geunyeoreul na geunyeoreul saranghagie
Geunyeol wihaeseo nan geunyeol wihae nan saragagie

Gidaryeoyo nado geudaecheoreom nopi naragalgeyo
Geudael wihae jeo banjjagineun
Sumanheun geu byeoldeulboda deo wiro
Gidaryeoyo naega geudae yeope hangsang meomureulgeyo
Geu nuguboda deo bitnaneun geudaemanui byeori doelgeyo

The two sing in great harmony. Words cannot describe how their voices complimented each other's perfectly, and Joona felt something she never encountered before when she sing. She begin to slowly release her hold in Taemin's hand but he, on the other hand, doesn't want to let go. Instead, Taemin squeezed her hand tightly so Joona wouldn't leave him alone.

Truthfully, he held her hand because he felt scared that he was the one that's going to make the mistake. That he was the one that's going to embarrass them. It's safe to say that he feels the nervousness he felt when he first had his debut stage. But standing next to her, hand in hands, Taemin knows that he will be just fine. 

Baby I’ll be your star
Geudaen gyesok bitnagiman hamyeon dwae
Gidaryeo geumbang ttaragal teni

Baby I’ll be your star
Yonggineun irchi anke dwitmoseummaneun namgyeo naege

Jom meoljido eojjeom orae geolliljido moreujiman
Nan hangsang nae sangsang sogeseoman
Ije deoneun chameul suga star star little star
Yunanhido banjjagineun star
Swil teum eobsi tto naraga na pyeonhaejine
Geudael jamneun geu sungan

"OH MY GAWD. Did my Taeminie just rap???" Key shrieked. The audience whistled and cheered at Taemin's "new" talent and they are extremely surprised at this new side he showed tonight. 

"How the hell can he rap?" Kai confusedly asked. "We all know that he NEVER had the talent."

"You don't need to get your in a twist," Joonhae commented. "I think you're just jealous."

"Puh-lease. I am anything but jealous. That was barely a rap, so don't come into some retarded conclusion," Kai replied. 

"The two of you, don't you dare start a fight," Suho warned. "Just be quiet and watch them perform."

I sesangeul deopeun haneul da garigo namyeon
Byeori boiji anheulkka
Nan dasi jamdeul su isseulkka oh
Eoduun bami balgeumyeon oh tteun nuneul gameumyeon
Ajik neon meolgiman hande
Nae anui byeoreun jakkuman keojine

Gidaryeoyo nado geudaecheoreom nopi naragalgeyo
Geudael wihae jeo banjjagineun
Sumanheun geu byeoldeulboda deo wiro

Gidaryeoyo naega geudae yeope hangsang meomureulgeyo
Geu nuguboda deo bitnaneun geudaemanui byeori doelgeyo

Oh jogeum doragalge
Eonjenga ne gyeote daheul ttae
baby u
Himgyeoun uriui nare
Salmyeosi ip matchwo jumyeon dwae
oh

They face one another as if they were singing for that one person they're facing. Taemin felt content that moment. Maybe, just maybe, it was because of Joona. 'I hope,' he thought.

Gidaryeoyo nado geudaecheoreom
Nopi naragalgeyo
(jeo nopi)
Geudael wihae jeo banjjagineun
Sumanheun geu byeoldeulboda deo wiro
Gidaryeoyo naega geudae yeope hangsang meomureulgeyo
Geu nuguboda deo bitnaneun geudaemanui byeori doelgeyo

Baby I’ll be your star
Geudaen gyesok bitnagiman hamyeon dwae
Gidaryeo geumbang ttaragal teni

Baby I’ll be your star
Yonggineun irchi anke dwitmoseummaneun namgyeo naege

The song ended and the room was filled with cheers and applauses. Before leaving the stage, the two bowed and said, "Gamsahabnida~" With his hand still locked with hers, Taemin drag Joona back to the group and as expected, he received several compliments from his hyungs. 

"Taeminie, my baby, where did you get that rapping skill?" Key asked excitedly. 

"Hyung, you were great! How did you composed that song? I never seen you compose anything before," Kai wondered.

"The composition was mainly Joona. I just assist her," Taemin replied.

"Joonie!" Baekhyun called.

"Hey Baekkie," Joona replied.

"I didn't know you can sing so well! I want to sing with you next time~"

"Gomawo~ That means a lot coming from you," she sincerely smiled.

"I've been wondering," Kris pondered, "when did you two composed this song?" Joona and Taemin hesitantly looked at each other and beamed at the group, "It's a secret~"

"Yo, Taemin! Great job, I thought you were gonna mess up big time back there," Joonhae came and patted his back.

"I'd be really scared of my teacher if I messed up," Taemin commented. "I don't wanna get killed. I'm still too young!"

"Ooh! Who taught you?" Chanyeol asked. "You were so good, it's like a miracle! But it's really hard to teach non-rappers how to rap. This person must be a god!" Taemin and Joona awkwardly chuckled and looked at Joonhae with her big eyes looking at Chanyeol. She heard every word Chanyeol said and it made her really happy that he's praising her. 'He said I'm a god!' Joonhae screamed in her head.

"Correction: Goddess," Joonhae interrupted. "That's right people. Bow down to your master!" Joonhae felt really superior and flipped her hair feeling fabulous. 

"You can rap?!" Kai gasped.

"Duhh!! It's like breathing to me," Joonhae stated as a matter of factly.

"Cool! What else can you do?" Chanyeol excitedly asked her. 

"Sing, dance, play the guitar, play piano..." Joonhae listed the things she can do and everyone just listen in awe. "And I can beatbox!" Before she could beatbox, Joona left Joonhae alone bringing Taemin with her, because she knows what's really gonna happen and she doesn't wanna emberass herself. 

"Let's hear it, then."

"Aa! Pssh! Burr! Psh! Wikki, wikki, what? Wikki, wikki, what? Fresh! Hmmh~!" Joonhae beatbox and everyone just went quiet. "So, what do you think??" Some people quietly left the scene and only Kai and Chanyeol left.

"Ummm... Good, but I think it needs a little bit of work," Chanyeol replied and showed a little pitty in his face.

"More like a lot," Kai mumbled.

Joonhae suddenly laughed which made both Kai and Chanyeol surprised. "Geez! You guys don't have to lie to make me feel better! I just made that up. I can't believe you thought that was good."

"I never said you were good," Kai commented.

"Bleh!" Joonhae stuck her tounge out. "Party pooper! You !"

"Aish! Whatever! I'm outta here!" Kai announced and left. Now only both Chanyeol and Joonhae are left alone. Well, technically they're not alone; there were other people around them. But Joonhae was the only one standing in front of him.

"So, you lied about everything? Even the rapping?" Chanyeol asked sounding a bit disappointed.

"N-No! No! I only lied about the beatboxing part!" she quickly denied and laughed awkwardly. It was really awkward now between the both of them; Joonhae just didn't know what to do. She just stood there looking at the ground.

"Y-You look really pretty today," Chanyeol mumbled.

"Mwo?"

"Nothing," Chanyeol quickly replied and slightly blushed. "You wanna dance? I'm not good but-"

"Sure!" Joonhae chirped happily and grab Chanyeol's hand and lead him to the dance floor. When she arrived there, she spotted Taemin and Joona already dancing. They were jumping up and down, swinging to the left and right; they were basically enjoying themselves. 'Guess I'm not the only one...' Joonhae thought.

Just when Joonhae and Chanyeol were getting into the song and matching it with the rythm, the song changed. It went to a very romantic and melodic tune. And it meant for a slow dance. 'Oh boy...!' Joonhae cursed. She loked at Chanyeol and they both just smiled awkwardly at each other. The both of them wanted to dance, but the song is more like a couple song. Since they weren't a couple and they barely knew each other, it would be pretty awkward. 'Should I?' Chanyeol questioned himself. He took both of her hands and wrapped them around his neck, then he wrapped his arm around Joonhae's waist. She was shocked that she couldn't mutter a single word except to just stare at him.

"It's okay," Chanyeol assured.

Joonhae just quietly nodded and swayed side to side like Chanyeol did. She looked past Chanyeol's shoulder and saw her sister dancing like she was, with Taemin as her partner. Except that she looked pretty comfortable while talking and laughing with Taemin. They look so... close.

"Thank you," Joonhae said to Chanyeol. He didn't know what she was talking about and raised his eyebrow in confusion. Joonhae chuckled and said, "You look good tonight, too. Well, in my eyes, you're always handsome."

***

After dancing crazily with Taemin, releasing the stress that built up in her chest, Joona felt more relax. Once in a while they would laugh at their own silly dance moves, and suddenly the music had filtered down to a slow, melodic tune. "May I have this dance?" Taemin gentlemanly asked with a hint of playfulness in his tone.

"Why yes, my good sir," Joona laughed in response as she rested her hands around his neck comfortably, while he circled his around her waist. She let out a tiny yelp, "Ah!"

"Sorry," Taemin apologized quickly. "It's not healed yet? I think you should go see a doctor."

"Gwaenchanha. I'm sure it will heal eventually, so don't worry so much," Joona assured, not wanting him to worry anymore. Then she changed the topic, "How do you feel now? I didn't know you were a nervous wreck up there."

"For your information, you're the one who was sweating and shaking while you made your way up on stage," Taemin replied.

"Says the person who doesn't want to release his grip on mine, clinging on me like a little kid throughout the whole performance," Joona teased as heat rose up to his cheeks, he pouted. 

"S-Shut up. I bet you enjoyed the skinship," he arrogantly stated trying to gain back his confidence.

"You're right, I did," shock was written on Taemin's face as he did not expect that answer coming from Joona. Taemin became flustered at her reply and said, "Y-you did?"

"Yeah. It was calming and made all my worries disappeared. Thank you," Joona smiled gratitudely. 'No. Thank you. You're the one that ease my anxiety and nervousness,' Taemin thought.

Breaking his chain of thoughts, Joona asked, "I want to tell you something. Do you know a quiet place where we can talk more privately?"

"... Yeah. I know a place," confused by her sudden request, Taemin replied. "Let's go to the rooftop." He begin to led her out to the elevator and soon, they reached at the top of the building. Joona breathed in the summer air, and walked over to the railing to gaze at the night view displayed down below. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"There are many things I would like to say to you," Joona started. "But I'll try to make it as simple as possible. First, I want to say happy birthday. It was nice of you to invite me to your party and hang out with many idols. Truthfully, it feels like it's my birthday instead of yours," Taemin and Joona chuckled at her comment. 

"I can't thank you enough for all the things you have done for me, so I decide to give you something," Joona added and Taemin was a little surprised.

"Joona, you don't have to. Singing with you was enough of a present to make me happy," Taemin replied.

"Close your eyes," Joona commanded, unfazed by Taemin's struggle. But in the end, he complied. He felt something warm breathing near his face, so he retracted his body away from anything else to happen and opened his eyes to see Joona near him. 

"W-Were you going to k-kiss m-me?" Taemin stuttered.

"What? No," Joona denied and soon laugh making Taemin blush in embarrassment. "Why would I do that? Just close your eyes. It's a surprise."

"...Fine. No funny bussiness, okay?" said Taemin as he begin to flutter his eyes shut. But somewhere deep inside, he was disappointed at the event that turned out. Again, he felt her warm breath tickled  his lips, but soon he sensed something dangling around his neck. He took a hold of it and layed it out on his palm. There lied a circular ornament painted sterling silver secured to a thin, silver chain. The carved walls of the legendary Alhambra Palace inspired the endlessly intricate knot motifs of the ring. 

Taemin kept fiddling with it, gazing at its beauty with awe. "It's perfect. It looks amazing around your neck," Joona complimented.

"Joona... I don't know what to say. I-"

"Shhh," Joona cut Taemin off by lightly placing her index finger on his lips. "I'm not done yet."

"Taemin, today is the the day you are born. Thank you for being born today... your existence is the reason why that many people are so happy today. Why I'm so happy today. It was a blessing to finally get to know you and see who you really are. There are no words to describe how greatful I am that you allowed me into your life despite all the insecurities you might felt all this time, whether or not to fully trust me. This is the only thing I can give you. Please cherish it forever," she looked at him with sincerety and happiness. "Happy birthday!"

Taemin was lost for words. It was unexpected of her to say that about him, and she knows that she didn't have to give him or say anything to him but a simple birthday wish. Instead, she made him feel so... special and wanted. Like he was the only one in this world that matters. Taemin feels heat washed over his face, and his eyes glistened in the moonlight. What came next surprised Joona.

Taemin enveloped her in a bone-crushing hug. His face was buried into her shoulder and without hesitation, she returned the hug. Suddenly, her shoulder feels wet, and she knew that Taemin had let his tears escape. Slowly, Joona caress his head to calm him down. After a while, she begin to separate herself from Taemin, but he refused. "Let me stay like this for a few more minutes," Taemin mumbled. "Please."

It was quiet. But it wasn't awkward. There never was an awkward moment between the both of them. He finally lift up his head and with her thumb, Joona begin to wipe away his tears that managed to slid down his soft, porcelain skin. "There's no need to cry," Joona comforted. 

"I... I-I'm just speechless at your words. I didn't know you think of me that way. And at that moment, everything just washed over me a-and I felt so... loved and cared for. I didn't know what else to do, so I just let my tears fall. Saying that I was happy is an understatement. I felt more than that. I feel content, pleased, and at that moment, I was filled with euphoria when I heard the words you said because I know you meant it wholeheartedly," confessed Taemin. Before embracing her in another hug, he cupped her face and planted a delicate kiss on her forhead. "Joona, thank you for making me feel so special tonight. Thank you." 

"I... uh... appreciate all your 'thank you's' but you promised me that you'll introduced me to more idols. You better keep your promise or I'll hunt you down," Joona joked to lightened up the mood, and she successfully did when she heard  a chuckle coming from him. 

"I'm wounded," Taemin grasp his hand over his chest and pouted. "You're trying to ditch me for other idols on my special day? What happened to the speech you gave me? Did that mean nothing to you?"

"Oh shut up, you cry baby. I bet you enjoyed covering my shoulder with your disgusting snots," she teased.

"Y-YA!" Taemin yelled and chased after Joona. As she ran away from Taemin, she snickered at his profanities over his own body fluid. Joona laughed so hard after hearing him trying to come with words to curse at her like 'Comeback here, you burger!', she didn't notice that he was closing in on her and managed to tackle her down to the ground. She clutched her hands on her stomach trying to suppress the laughter from killing her. Soon, her chuckles died down when she stared at his eyes as he hovered on top of her. 

It was just a matter of time before realizing the ual position they're in, so Taemin decided to break away the eye contact and lifted himself up. He offered his hands to Joona to help her stand, which she gladly accepted. "Let's go back inside," Taemin muttered with a heavy blush creeping up his cheeks at the event that was just unfold. 

"Okay," Joona replied as she locked her hands in his and begin dragging him back inside. He looked at their intertwined hands and smiled. 

***

Baekhyun and Sehun was walking around when their eyes landed on a giggling couple who entered into the room. They soon realized, it was no other than Taemin and Joona holding hands. Surprised at the scene, they approached the said couple. 

"Noona!" Sehun yelled to gain Joona's attention. "Are you cheating on me with Taemin hyung?"

"Mwo?" Joona asked. 

"I'm gonna leave you and deal with this yourself. Bye!" Taemin soon fled. 

"I can't believe you hurt Sehunnie's heart. You should be ashame of yourself, Joona," Baekhyun gasped.

"Huh? What? What heart? He has no heart," Joona replied. 

"Noona..." Sehun pouted. 

"Stop calling me that, for sake!" Joona screamed. She left angrily to find Joonhae and leave this place soon. 'Stupid ButtHun. Stupid Baekkie. The was that ??' No matter where she looked, she couldn find her sister anywhere. 'Where is she?!' She finally found Joonhae surrounded by the rest of EXO. It looks like there was something going on. She quickly went over there to see what the big deal was. She knew that it was probably something stupid and she was right. As usual, Kai and Joonhae were arguing about some stupid .

"You're uglier than me!" Kai shouted.

"Looks aren't everything!" Joonhae retorted.

"You just said that to make yourself feel better!" 

"Does it look like I care?!" Joonhae screamed at him. Kai towered above her and Joonhae tiptoed on her toes also trying to towered him. He smirked when Joonhae couldn't be at the same eye level as him. "Just you watch! I could still grow and be taller than you!"

"You're old already! There's no way an old hag like you could grow anymore!" Kai replied. Joonhae was boiling up inside when she heard Kai called her an oldhag. 'I am not an old hag! I'm still sixteen!!!' she mentally screamed and glared at Kai. She was about to lunge herself into him when someone held her back. It was Chanyeol and Tao. 

"Jongin, stop being so rude," Chanyeol told him off. Kai went quiet and looked away from Joonhae. "And Joonhae... just ignore him if he says something stupid." Joonhae quietly nodded and looked down at her feet.

"What's the deal between you two, anyway?" Luhan asked.

"I hate the fact that this piece of right here injured my sister to the point where she couldn't wal-" A hand had covered and saw Joona glared at her. 

"Nothing. It was nothing," Joona continued and smiled. "She's just pissed that we were called sasaeng fans."

"You know what? Let's just go home already, it's pretty late," Lay interrupted. 

"B-But... but I haven't meet Tasty yet..." Joona pouted.

"Well, too bad. They left already," Key walked over. 

"Awwww... I thought I had a chance meeting our counterpart," Joonhae sighed. 

"Maybe next time," Key replied. "Let's get you both home. It's not good for girls to be walking outside alone at night." All nineteen of them shuffled across the room and left to go back home where their bed awaits for them.

***

The group walked back to their designated apartments. Some walked in silence or laughter. And as usual, Kai and Joonhae kept bickering non-stop. Joona was busy dealing with Sehun's ty attitude. On the other hand, walking in the back, there stood two male giggling on their phone sharing the scandalous goodies they attained at the party.

"Hehehehe. Look at this one, it looks like she was about to kiss him," the diva giggled.

"And I got a picture  of them hugging like it's the last time they were going to see each other!" the charismatic male added. 

"There's this one where he cried, and she wipe his tears lovingly."

"Show me! Oooh! I capture the moment when he planted a kiss on her forehead."

"OH MY GAWD. I have the exact same one, but this angle is much better."

"OH EM GEE! AHHHH!!! Too much feels~ This is just too cute!" the diva and the charismatic male fangirled over the pictures they had taken. "I also have this one where he hovered on top of her and they gazed into each other's eyes longingly."

"Me too! Kyaaaa~!"

"What are you two doing, screaming and giggling in the back?" Onew asked suspiciously. "Especially you Minho, I didn't know you can scream like a girl."

"It's a secret," Key replied as he safely covered his phone. 

"Let me in on it~ I wanna be apart of it too~" Jonghyun pleaded.

"No. With that dino mouth of yours, you're just gonna spill the beans," Minho refused.

"Tche. You're no fun!" Jonghyun retreated back to a different group, hoping to engage in something exciting to do. 

"So... you guys got a new job? Fangirling over Taemin's and Joona's relationship?" Onew asked.

"Hyung, you knew?" Minho asked.

"Yeah, I followed you two to see why you had gone up to the roof."

"It's a fun job. We had a collection of their moments together and it's thrilling to fangirl over their cuteness," Key commented with glee. 

"Well, I think you have no choice but to let me in on this spy mission of yours," Onew concluded.

"What makes you think you're allowed to join?" the diva skeptically asked.

"This." Onew showed Minho and Key pictures of Taemin and Joona holding hands while singing. Not only that, but he also captured the moment where they danced together while smiling at each other. There was also a moment where Taemin poked Joona's cheeks while she was in a daze at the party.

"OH MA FEELS~ This. is. just. too. much. The last one was so adorable!!!" Key exclaimed. "Hyung, welcome aboard." 

---

"Well, this is our stop," said Joonhae.

"You have to go already?" Chanyeol pouted. He ruffled Joonha'e hair and said, "Then, you better get inside. Good night."

"...Good night."

"Bye, Baekkie," Joona waved at Baekhyun.

"Bye, Joonie," he replied.

"Noona, you have to go already? Please don't leave Sehunnie," Sehun whimpered.

"Cut the crap, ButtHun. I've had enough of your bull tonight," Joona hissed.

A hand slid around her waist and tightly secured around it. "Come on, Joona. Don't be harsh on our maknae," Kai smirked as he tightened his grip. Joona's eye twitch and a slight frown was drawn on her face that didn't go by unnoticed by Sehun. 'HOLY SWEET ING KRISUS! SOMEBODY GET HIS HANDS OFF OF ME!! ASDFHJHKJAKFHLGHILRHKC!!!!' She mentally cried. Joona slowly pry his hands off her injured waist, not wanting to add more pressure into the pain. 

'Something's wrong. Joona... what are you hiding?' thought Sehun. 

"I appreciated if you don't put your hands on my body. If you'll excuse me, I have a date to go to. With my bed. Good night," Joona left after bidding the group goodbye.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! New update :)

I am so sorry I haven't been updating for a month. But the good news is I finished all my exam!!! I did okay in most of it. Some I just wrote a bunch of . I hope you enjoyed reading today's update. This is my longest chapter. Sorry if there was any spelling or grammar mistakes or some parts maybe too boring. But, hey, at least I updated something, right? I don't know when the next chapter will be up, so don't expect too much. 

Love,

TaeYyi & ZhaTao

P.S. Did you noticed that I changed the title? The original one was lame, I felt like the need to change it. Also, the poster is made by ZhaTao. I asked a new one from her.

Creds to the owner for the pictures and the gifs.