Bonding

One Crazy Summer

Joona Ah's POV

Morning came sooner than I expected it to be. It wasn’t a pleasant one at that. I woke up from eomma's loud yelling. Fluttering my eyes a little, I shut it back and try to recall all the memories from last night. ‘EXO…’ I heavily groaned as soon as realization hit me. ‘! My back… I can’t get up.’ My breath hitched and sweat started to form a little, and tears were visible. I hissed. I groaned. Every little struggle, or movement I make, waves of sharp electricity pierced through my nerves and muscles. And every passing second, I became helpless and soon, I gave up. I wiped my fallen tears and pretended to go back to sleep when eomma decided to burst into my room, face full of make-up.

“I’m going to go out today,” she informed, “Do you want to come with?”

“No…” I replied. “I’m sleepy. How about her? Is she coming?”

“She’s not going either. Is there anything you want me to get you?” She asked.

“…I don’t know. I’ll call you when I have something in mind,” I replied.

“Okay. Well, get up. Take a shower, and there’s food in the kitchen.”

“Hmmmm.”

I mentally sighed. ‘Thank goodness she’ll be out. I can’t imagine her being suspicious of me.’

BEEP

I grab my phone, which has been hiding under the pillow, and saw a message from Taemin.

Kakao Talk

Taemin: Annyeong Joona~

Joona: Annyeong~

Joona: How are you?

Taemin: I should be the one asking you that.

Joona: ?

Taemin: Do you think I’m stupid?
Joona:

Taemin: No time playing around here.

Joona: I told you there is NOTHING wrong. I only twisted my fingers. No biggie.

Taemin: Okay, then. Come over here right now and prove to me that you’re perfectly fine.

Joona: I won't

Taemin: You won’t?

Taemin: I’m coming over. PERIOD.

Joona: MWO?!?!? ANDWAE!!

Taemin: Tell me your floor and room number.

Joona: NO.

Taemin: Suit yourself. I’ll ask Joonhae

Joona: Don’t be stubborn, Taemin-ah. I don’t need you to come over!

Joona: YA!

Taemin: 

End of Kakao Talk

"AAIISSHH!" I ruffled my hair in annoyance. 'He better not ask unnie. I don't  want him to see me in this weak state.' "JOONHAE! JOONHAE!" I yelled unnie's name and she came in.

"What?"

"Don't talk to Taemin," I warned her. "Don't give him the floor and room number."

"I... already did," she replied. 

"YOU WHAT?!?!" I shouted. "WHY??" 

"He asked for it," unnie simply answered, "and besides, he said today SHINee is free, so he can take care of you."

"Why would you do that?! Tell him not to come," I responded. 

"Well, accpet it 'cuz I'm going to EXO~!" Joonhae exclaimed, pumping her fist into the air. "I should help you freshen up first." She went to my bedside and "attempted" to help me stand up. 

"Ah! Slowly," I told her. After two minutes, I finally arrived in the bathroom. I couldn't stand up straight so I had to bend into the sink the whole time as I wash my face and brush my teeth. 'I can't get out of this now, can I? God, I look like a zombie. I'll put on light make-up. I don't want to scare him.' She then helped me back to my room and lay me back down and tossed me my make-up bag. "Thanks," I said. 

"Did you eat?"

"Eh! Not bothered to."

"Well, I'm gonna go get ready," she informed and left. 

Joon Hae's POV

As soon as I left the room, I took out my phone and text Taemin to bring food for Joona. Then I quickly went to my room and get ready. I got out a white short sleeved blouse, my black jegging, and my black boots. I wore them and add some accessories to the outfit. Then I put on some light make up and just tied my hair messily (too lazy to do something fancy).

   

After I was finished, I heard the door bell rang. 'Must be Taemin...' I quickly ran out and opened the door. "Annyeong!" Taemin cheerfully greeted and I ushered him to go in. 

"You could just take off your shoes and wear those slippers in the cupboard," I explained and closed the door. I saw him taking off his shoes and went to the cupboard to take the slippers. Once he was done putting them on, I showed him where Joona's room is. 

"Listen, if there's something wrong or whatever, call me, kay?" I said to Taemin.

"Got it, boss!" he replied and saluted.

"Well, I'm gonna go now."

"Where to?"

"To see EXO, of course!"

"Be safe!" he exclaimed.

"See ya~," I said goodbye to him and grab my stuff and headed to the door. 

Taemin's POV

'Joona, I hope you're okay...' I sighed then knocked on her bedroom door. "Joona! I'm coming in okay?" I shouted. 

"You better not come in! GO. AWAY," she replied. Despite her struggles, I entered. 

"Annyeong~" I greeted and closed the door behind me. When I turned around, all I see is a lump of white blob on the bed, not Joona. "Joona-ah~ Ireona~" She came out of her hiding spot and said, "Why are you here? Didn't I tell you not to come?" Silence fell in the room before I asked, "Joona, it's your waist isn't it?" As soon as I said those words, she looked away. 

"...No..." she  replied softly. 

"Not your waist, huh?" I sat on the bed and pry off the blanket from her. Then I pulled her hand in attempt to sit her up. "AAHHH~" A y moan escaped her lips as she slightly arched her back. Her breath becomes unsteady and a single tear rolled down her cheek. I nervously gulped at the scene. 'What am I thinking?? She's hurting, yet I have the time to think about her ually?' I shake my head in attempt to get rid of my "dangerous" thoughts. 

After her breath is steady, she softly asked, "How did you know?" 

"The fact that you were right next to me most of the time, silently grunting once in a while gives it away," I told her. "You should learn how to act better you know."

"Uggghh... I HATE acting," she complained. "I can't act at all!" I chuckled at her silly response, and I just noticed that I still held her hand. I hesitantly let it go and said, "Let me see your waist." I lift her shirt up and it was horrible! "OMO! How did it become like this???"

"Mwo? What's wrong?" she asked.

"There's a huge bruise forming and it's nowhere near pretty. Let me help you apply the medicine." She hand me the ointment and bandage; and slowly, I began rubbing hte ointment around her waist and once in a while, sh ewould hissed. "Done!" I said after tucking in the final strip.

"Gomawo," she uttered.

"By the way, I got you food!" I annunced. "Let's eat."

We eat in silence but with this awkward atmosphere I decided to break the ice. "What's up with you yesterday? You were acting like a..."

"?" she asked.

"Yeah, that...." 

"I need to," she responded. "In order to leave." 

"Is that the truth?" I questioned.

"Half," she shortly replied. "I seriously couldn't stand people who doesn't want to speak up their minds. In order to know them, I need to understand what they're thinking."

"And what's the other half?" 

"Your fault."

"Wait, what? My fault?" I was puzzled by the sudden accusation. 'What did I do to her?'

"You let ME be accused as a SASAENG FAN. Some friend you are," she sarcastically anwered. 

"Me?? That Kim Jongin pushed you," I defended. "Not my fault."

"He's your hoobae, it's your responsibility."

"He doesn't belong to me."

"Let's not talk about him. I bet his sneezing right now," Joona ended.

Joon Hae's POV

I arrived in front of the building and enter it. "Annyeonghaseo," I greet the front lady.

"Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted back. "SHINee isn't here right now, though."

"Oh, aniyo. I'm not here for SHINee, I'm here for EXO," I replied.

"Eoh? EXO? They're in their practice room right now."

"Geurae? Gamsahabnida~ Please work hard," I said goodbye to the lady at the front desk and went upstairs to the second floor where EXO's practice room is. 

From the window, I could see EXO practicing really hard for their new song. I was about to knock the door but somebody opened it. It was their manager. 

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo," I greet him and bowed.

"Ne, nuguseyo??" he asked.

"Uhh... I'm a friend of EXO- Don't worry, I'm not a sasaeng fan or anything like that," I explained.

"Geurae? Ok... They're almost done practicing," he explained to me. "If they're asking where I am, tell them I'm getting them more water."

"Ne, arasseo," I replied. He quickly left downstairs to the cafeteria and I was left alone standing in front of the door. 'Should I go in now? Or should I wait until they're finished?' I decided to surprise them, so I sneaked in without letting them know my presence. 

They're still dancing and was almost finished; I still can't believe they didn't even notice me creeping behind the practice room while they're dancing. That just shows how much they are concentrating. I creep along the walls behind them and noticed someone glanced at me for a brief second. But probably just my imagination. It was boring to just creep along the walls, so I decided to troll a bit. I stopped creeping and started dancing randomly trying to distract them. From the mirror in fornt of the practice room, some of them noticed an extra person dancing weirdly. The song finally ended and I quickly hide behind the pole that was in the middle of the room, so they won't see me. 

"Did you guys see someone dancing?" I heard Kris asked the others.

"Are you in your right mind, Kris?" Xiumin responded. "You're dancing. I'm dancing. He's dancing. We're all dancing."

"No, that's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?" Luhan asked.

"I saw another person. An extra person," Kris answered.

"Nado, nado," Kai announced. 

"So, I wasn't seeing things," Kris commented. 

"Donn't scare me, gege," Tao whined.

I couldn't wait any longer to show my face in front of them. So I decided to sneak up behind that scaredy-cat, Tao, as quietly as possible. 'Target, spotted. He. He. He.' I ducked my head down low and quickly popped my head behind his. Then I blow a soft wind to his neck and he shivered slightly. 

I whispered softly in his ear, "Boo!"

"AAAAAHHHHH! GEGE!!" Tao screamed and ran to Kris. 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Look at that scaredy-cat," I said to Sehun placing my elbow on his shoulder (we were all sitting down, btw... no height difference). He was sort of surprised by my sudden appearance.

"Wait, which one are you?" Chen asked.

"Joonhae," Chanyeol answered.

"You remembered me!" I exclaimed. Boy, was I happy when he said my name. I mean, who wouldn't be happy when your bias remembers you?

"Your the scary one," Tao spoke up. "Where's the other one? That means... the other one is still hiding!" He was so paranoid that he searched every corner of the room for Joona. 

"When are you gonna tell him that she's not here?" Sehun said to me with a straight face. 

"Molla," I played innocently. "It's fun to watch him."

"Tao, calm down," Luhan said to Tao. "The other one's not here."

"Oh, jinjja?? Thank goodness," he sighed and sat back down. "She's not here. Right?"

I shrugged. "Molla~... Maybe."

"What is that suppose to mean?" he asked. 

"Whatever you want," I replied. "Sooooooo~....."

"Where's Joona?" Baekhyun cut me off. "I thought, maybe that since you were twins, that she would be with you."

"Nope, she's at home," I answered. "She doesn't feel like seeing a certain person." I shifted my eyes to Kai, who's sitting on my other side.

"Jeoyo??" Kai asked. 

"Yeah... I don't feel like seeing you either. So... can you leave?" I shooed him.

"EXCUSE ME?!?!?!"

"You're excused," I replied and a few EXO members snickered at my retort. I shifted my gaze to the others and ignored Kai's presence. "So, what are you all doing?"

"We're sitting now."

"Drinking."

"Resting."

"Talking to you."

"Can't you see?" Kai asked.

"Shut up, I didn't ask you," I said to Kai harshly. "I said you're excused. So, why are you still here??"

"Mwo?! Aish, where's Sunghwan hyung? We should tell him to kick you out of here," Kai complained. 

"Kai," Suho sternly said.

"But hyung~~," Kai groaned, "She started it~!"

"And I'm ending it," Suho snapped back.

"Ooooh~ You just got your whipped by the leader," I cooed.

"And girl~, watch your language," Suho sassed me with an attitude.

"You're not the boss of me. Who are you to me?? We have no relationship what so ever," I retorted.

"Don't sass my sass. And show respect to your elder!" Suho demanded.

"I respect whoever respects me. Regardless of age," I answered. "You don't respect me, I don't respect you. Deal with it." The room fell silent after I said my piece. 'Awkward~~' *insert cricket sound*

The door suddenly burst opened. "I'm baaa~ck!"

"Oh, by the way, your manager was out to get you guys more water. So, yeah..." I responded late. 

Joon Ah's POV

"This is so boring~" Taemin exclaimed as he layed down next to me.

"Welcome to my life," I sighed. 

Silence.

Silence.

Taemin kept twisting and turning around my bed. He would open and close his eyes once in a while to entertain himself. He began to hum a tune that was strangely familiar. 'Symptoms...' I then joined him. As we hummed the tune, his vision wondered around the room and finally landed on a sky blue book with a silver lining. 'My Book!' I swiftly reached out to it but failed miserably. “What’s this?” Taemin curiously asked.

“Give it back! I marked my personal stuff in there!”

“So, what I’m hearing is that this book is your diary which is filled with some juicy stuff in here?” he teasingly waved the book in my face.

“You wouldn’t understand…” I muttered against my breath. “NOW. GIVE. IT. BACK.”

“Mehrong~!” Taemin stuck out his tongue and a creepy smile etched deeply on his face as he began to untie the ribbon that kept my book locked. His smile disappeared from his face as soon as he saw the first page. “You liar! This is not a diary. It’s just full of drawings,” he complained while flipping through all the pages.

“Well, to me it is. I illustrate my feelings in there.” 

He went back to the first page and asked, “Who is this? Is that you?”

“Yep." Taemin apparently took his time examining my illustrations. Once in a while, he would give little comments on it. 

"WOW.... You're drawings are awesome! Where did you learn how to draw amazingly? Can Joonhae draw like this, too? Was that me on the last drawing?" Taemin continously asked.

"Gomawo~ My father side of the family are pretty artistic. And yes, Joonhae unnie can draw as amazing as me," I simply replied. "And yes it was you, Taemin-ah."

"What's this?" He suddenly asked, pointing at the badly written sentences.I glanced at the apointed page and realized it was the song I've been frustratingly trying to compose. 

"Huh? It's nothing. Just a little song composition. It's really... bad," I said and covered the page with my palm. "So, don't look at it." Soon, a war broke out between the both of us. Taemin kept shoving my hands away in order to see while I hold on to the page tighter so he wouldn't see. But in the end, he won. I let out a defeated sigh and brace myself for the humiliation.

"'He is already up so high that I can’t reach him. He is shining with the countless twinkling stars.' " Taemin read the lines carefully and said, "Not bad. Actually, it's pretty good for a novice."

"Jinjja?!" I exclaimed. "Since we're bored, do you want to help me finish the song?" 

"Call! When we finish writing this song, let's sing it in front of hyungs," Taemin suggested. "Did you find the melody yet?"

"Hhmm," I hummed in response. "I'll show it to you, so get my guitar over the corner." He obediently followed my instruction and afterwards, he returned to his position on the bed once again, seating himself next to me. I positioned the guitar on my lap and strum the first chord and gently let the tune danced around the room. On cue, I sang the first two lines of my song with as much feelings as I could muster. 

"I didn't know you could sing. It was really good!" Taemin commented. "And the intro is like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

"Because it is. I was thinking of titling it Star," I responded. "What do you think?"

"It's nice. It has that warm feeling of hope. Let's make it a duet," Taemin suggested. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boring, huh? Don't worry! Today will be filled with boring updates~! I am so sorry for not updating for more than 3 months? Time flies by fast. For the past weeks, I didn't just do nothing. I actually updated little by little when I have the time -.-' School work has been piling and teachers just had to give us students tests right before winter break... I also just got back from my vacation so this week I think I'll be focusing more on updating more chapters!  Well, enjoy reading! 

-TaeYyi

P.S. Aren't the drawings awesome?!?! BTW, creds to the owner ;)