Landing...

One Crazy Summer

Language Code:

Blue - English

Pink - Spanish

Green - Indonesian

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joon Ah's POV

"Dude, hurry!"

"Okay, okay," she replied while taking her luggage from the conveyor belt. "You could at least help me, you know."

"Sorry!" I shouted and ran to help her. 

We have finally arrived in Seoul, South Korea for our summer vacation. Right now we're at Incheon Airport still looking for our baggage. Both of us didn't come here alone; our parents and our little brother also came. Basically, it's a family vacation. 

"We should speak Korean since we're in Korea," she suggested. "Like we discussed, my name will be Yoon Joon Hae and yours will be Yoon Joon Ah."

"Ne, unnie," I said and she slapped the side of my arm. "Oww! What was that for?!"

"Don't call me unnie! I'm the same age as you," Joonhae exclaimed.

"But you're still older than me," I stated.

"Yeah, by four minutes," she glared and started rolling her suitcase away.

"Ya! Wait for me!" I shouted and ran after her with my suitcase behind me. 

For the whole summer, we'll be staying in Korea. So for the moment, we'll be living in an apartment. The ride to our apartment is quite long, and I was slowly and painfully dying of boredom. Joonhae is sleeping peacefully with our brother, Cyrus, on her lap, who is also sleeping. 'I wish we could stay like this forever...' I thought to myself and sighed.

I took out my phone and my earphone. I decided to listen to music to accompany myself and hopefully to lull me to sleep. I was listening to SHINee's Sleepless Night; it's my favorite song. Out of all KPOP groups, SHINee is my favorite group! And my bias is Taemin. Joonhae's favorite group is EXO and she doesn't really have a bias. She likes each member 'equally'; it's really hard to pick a favorite member and sometimes it changes, that's what she said. 

 

*********

"Wake up! Kids, wake up!"

"Uhhh..." I grunted and blinked a few times. "Dude, wake up." I nudge Joonhae's shoulder and she woke up. I got out of the taxi and took Cyrus with me. He stirred in his sleep and finally woke up squinting his eyes because the sun decided to slap his face. 

"Where are we?" he asked and rubbed his eyes.

"Shhh.. Just go back to sleep," I told him and patted his back. I didn't want him to wake up and cause trouble. Sure he's cute, but he is so annoying if he's awake. He's like a madman, running around crazily. And it's really hard to take care of him in that state.

"No! I wanna go down!" he exclaimed and struggled in my arms. I didn't really fight back and just put him down. Once I put him down, he ran towards my father and I just ignored it. 

After we got all our bags and suitcases, we went inside to our apartment floor. Our apartment is on the 11th floor and the room number is K7. Each of us were given a key, so that we can come and go whenever we want. 

"Waaa.... This place is nice!" Joonhae exclaimed. "I'm gonna check out the rooms!" 

I admit, the apartment is pretty nice. I love the green in the living room, it makes the room more alive. It's so simple, yet it looks luxurious.

I went to check out the rooms and they weren't that bad. First, I check out my parents bedroom; they have their own TV and bathroom. 'How lucky!' Then I went to the next room over and it looked so simple, nothing flashy or luxurious. Then I went to the room across from it and it was the exact replica of the  previous room. Except for the crazy person who is rolling on the bed like a maniac. 

 

"I pick this room!" Joonhae shouted.

"Isn't it the same thing?" I questioned her.

"But I like this room much better," she reasoned. "Plus, it already has my germs."

"Whatever," I said to her and my finger then wipe it on the wall. "Now, it has my germs, too."

I went outside the room and I could hear her scream, "Eeew! You're so  disgusting!" I just laughed to myself and started unpacking. 

I put all my clothes in the closet and set aside my suitcase. There was a brochure on the night stand and I picked it up. It listed the closest shopping malls and the most famous ones, too. There were some restaurants and caffes near here. 'I should probably check it out with unnie.' I went outside of my room and knocked on her door. But she didn't answer. I knocked her door again, and still no answer. But I could hear her clearly from outside. 'What the hell is she doing in there?' I thought to myself. So, I push the door open only to find an empty room. 'Huh? Where-'

"CARELESS, CARELESS. SHOOT ANONYMOUS, ANONYMOUS!" Joonhae suddenly popped out and shouted. "Ah! You scared me, Joona."

"I scared you? More like you scared the out of me. I almost had a heart attack. What the hell were you doing?!" I exclaimed and touched my chest.

"Duhhh! I was singing!" she stated in a matter of factly.

"Whatever! Let's go explore the area and find a good hang out place," I suggested and sat on her bed.

"Explore the area? What are you? Dora the Explorer?" she commented and laughed.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very mature. You wanna come or not?!" I shouted.

"Geez, no need to shout. I'll come and get ready. Now, shoo!" she shooed me away with her hands and I went out of her room. 

I went to my room and changed my clothes. I was wearing a colorful dress full of cool patterns; on top of it, I was wearing a denim jacket. I wore a light makeup; I put on BB cream, a light pink blush on the cheekbones, mascara and eyeliner, and lastly a pink lip gloss. After I was done, I slipped myself on a brown strapped sandal and checked myself on the mirror before I go outside. I took my light pink satchel bag and head outside to see if unnie was also done. 

When I opened the door, I saw unnie wearing a white flower top with a skirt and a beige flat shoes with a bow on it. She was also wearing a light makeup; a pink blush on her cheekbones, mascara and eyeliner, and to top it of, she put on a light orange lipstick. She looked so refreshed and didn't look like she was sick. On her hand, she had a little brown purse. 

My Outfit

 

Joonhae unnie's Outfit

 

After getting ready, we asked oemma for permission and of course some little cash, more like a lot. Silently (so my brother won't notice), we tip toed our way outside. However, that snotty brat felt our presence leaving, and he quickly ran to the door before it was fully shut. I was already outside waiting for unnie to close the door, then we both just noticed him exactly 2 meters away from the door.

"Go, Diego, go!" I exclaimed, and unnie slammed the door in his face. We finally relaxed getting out of his reach, but it was ruined by the sudden burst of the door being open. Curiosity really did killed the cat when we looked behind and saw him flailing his arms and whining, signaling to come and take him with us. 

"Ppalli! Ppalli!" Unnie cried. "Do-do-do-do-do-dora! Dora dora dora the explorer~!" We bolted through the hallway and started punching the elevator button when we arrived. Unnie and I entered the elevator and she pressed the L button.

"Looks like we're gonna have to leave Boots. Diego, you're my new partner," I joked. As the door begin to close, we saw his tiny figure at the end of the hallway crying. 

"¡Adios!" I waved at him.

"¡Hasta luego~!" Unnie chimed in. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys~!

This is the first chapter; sorry we didn't updated earlier, since we're busy with school. The first chapter is just an introduction of the two main characters and getting to know them well. I apologize once more if the first chapter is boring. But don't worry, we'll try to make it more engaging for you all! I want to thank HeeByul to be the first subscriber of my first story!!! So... Thank you, thak you, thank you! I hope you will enjoy my story!!!!!

XOXO,

TaeYyi and ZhaTao