Our Song

One Crazy Summer

Joon Ah's POV

Half an hour has passed and we still haven't gotten to the chorus yet. Well, most of the time I was on my phone because Baekhyun decided to message me in Kakao Talk. I can't let him know I got hurt. That would be too much of a burden and guiltiness. But, once in a while I would hum the melody so I could keep occupying my mind with the next  tune. "What is the song about? Maybe if you tell me, I can get an idea," Taemin asked.

"Uhhmm... originally this song is about a girl who fell in love with this guy. She's been in love with him for a long time , and she can't keep her feelings hidden anymore.  But the thing is the guy that she's been longing for is far away; just like the star in the sky. She always have this feeling where she felt like she doesn't deserve him because he is every girls' dream and she is just a nobody. To her, he feels so close but in reality he is far from her reach. She would always compare him to the star because his smiles and little actions would brighten her darkest moments. So, she is determined to reach to where he is to be his star, since he is her star, no matter how long it will take because she can't live without him," I explained.

" That's a... detailed storyline. How did you come up with that? Is it from experience?" Taemin commented with curiosity. "Anyways, since we're making it a duet, we should have the guy and the girl actually longing for each other. The girl is aware of his existence and is in love with him, but the guy is not aware of her existence but is always dreaming of her, and she always occupied his mind every second."

"Like your song Dream Girl?" I asked.

"Yup," said Taemin. "And we can still keep the original storyline but with the two people chasing for each other's love unknowingly." 

"Okay, that sounds much better," I agreed. "So, any idea yet for the next line?"

"I was thinking since the girl already describe the guy in the first two lines, why not the guy's turn describing the girl in his dream?" Taemin suggested. "Maybe something like: She is so beautiful that I can't dare to want her. Because I love a girl like her, like her."

"Because I live for her, for her," I continued. 

"Yes! Write that down!" Taemin exclaimed. "Now we need the chorus... The chorus should have their mutual feelings. Both of them thinks of the other as their star. Uhhhmmm..."

"Since they are far away from each other and stars are located a great distance from here... how about this: Just wait, I will fly high just like you, Higher than the stars above you," I proposed. 

"Maybe we should describe the stars instead of just plainly stating it," Taemin criticized. "We could say: Higher than the countless twinkling stars above you."

"Okay..." I replied while writing it down. "What else?"

"We should also add: Just wait, I will always be by your side," he said. 

"I'll be your star that shines brighter than anyone else," I added. "Well, we need to state their objective, so maybe we could add that." I looked at Taemin and he seemed to agree with my reasoning, so I wrote the lyrics down in my book. "Since we get the song until the chorus, we should continue with the melody," I said. Each of us began to quietly hummed to the tune that we individually came up with. 

After about five minutes past Taemin shouted, "I got it! I got the melody for the chorus." 

"Jinjja? Try singing it," I responded. He cleared his throat and began singing the first two lines of the chorus. 

*(Red - TaeminBlue - Joona)*

Just wait, I will fly high just like you ~

Higher than the countless twinkling stars above you ~

Just wait, I will always be by your side ~

I’ll be your star that shines brighter than anyone else ~

I then sang the next two lines on my own. "Oh my god! It's coming along well!" I exclaimed. "Aaahhh!"

"Why are you so excited?" Taemin asked.

"Because it's my first time writing a song and this song is pretty special to me," I replied. 'But writing it with you makes it more special....'

"So you're excited because of that? Not me???" Taemin pouted.

"Well, yeah, that too. " I added to cheer him up.

"Okay!"

"Okay then? For the next part, we should have a little transition from the chorus to the next verse. I was thinking of adding a little rap?" I suggested.

"Rap? Are you sure?"

"Yes! I can rap but not as great as Joonhae unnie or as any other rapper," I assured him. "But can you rap though? I mean we can take time and practice it."

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed. "But first, I need to take a trip to the toilet." I chuckled at his confession as he left for the bathroom. Meanwhile, I started occupying my mind with the rap. 'What would be nice? Their word of encouragement for themselves...? OH! I got it!' I messily wrote down the lyrics that came through my mind before forgetting it. 

"I'm baaaa~ck," Taemin announced. "What have you got so far?"

He took  the book out of my grasped and read it out loud, "Baby I’ll be your star, All you need to do is shine, just wait, I’ll be there soon. Baby I’ll be your star, Let me see at least your back so I won’t lose my courage."

"Cool right?" I asked. "Now brace yourself, the second verse will be all rapping."

Taemin's POV

"Mwo?! Micheoseo? What's with you and rapping?" I exclaimed.

"Wae??? Every musician has to have their own flavor. And I want to try rapping once in a while. When unnie and I sing, she always raps. It's my song anyway."

"Your song? It's OUR song," I retort. "Do what ever then."

"Yay!"

"But I'm not helping," I childishly hmphed.

"Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Meanie! Mehrong~" She fought back. "At least help me come up with the idea."

"....Fine.... How about describe the star? Describe how their love is like the stars," I finally agreed.

"Awww... but that's hard~!" Joona complained. "Please, help me?" But all I did was ignore her plea. Then a pencil hit my head.

"YA!!! Juggo shipeo?!" I shoved Joona really hard by the waist.

"AAAAAHHHH!!" She suddenly yelled and hissed.

"Omo! Mianhae," I quickly apologized after remembering that she injured her waist. "Gwaenchanha?"

She nodded. "Mianhae," I apologized one more time.

"Gwaenchanha. It doesn't hurt that much. I was just shocked that a sudden strike hit my waist. I forgot I injured it. Heheheh," She shook off the pain and smiled. "By the way, can you get me this black book about an inch thick from the cupboard underneath my t-shirts?"

"What is it for?" I asked curiously as I walked up to the cupboard and opened it.

"I got the second verse already."

"Mwo?!??! Already?! That was fast," I exclaimed as I handed her the book.

"This black book contains all of my wandering thoughts. Or short scenarios of stories and poems to turn it for school assignments. Sometimes, when I have nothing better to do, I would write down what I'm feeling. It's more like my second diary but more public." I saw her flipping all through the pages until it stopped on a decorative section filled with stars. She hurriedly copied the words down, and from time to time, she would stop, and quietly mumbled some of the words to get the melody for the rapping part. "Done!" she excitedly shouted. 

"Let's hear it then," I suggested.

"It might be far away and take a long time
But I’ve always only been in my imagination
Now I can’t hold it in anymore, star star little star
A star that specially shines brighter
She flies higher without rest 

I’ll be comfortable the moment I catch you   

If I cover up the sky that covers the world
Will that hide the stars? Will I be able to go back to sleep?
When the dark night brightens, when I close my opened eyes
You’re still far away but the star inside of me keeps growing" 

I was gaping the whole time she rapped. She was able to turn those sentences into lyrics easily. And those sentences are just mind blown; it fits to the song perfectly'You never failed to surprise me, huh? How is it that your wiriting is full of determination, and true, sincere words? Is this your real feelings? If so, then who is the guy you've been in love with the whole time?' 

"That was way too convenient," I commented. "But man, you rap really good, but your vocal is much better. Where did you learn how to sing like that? Do you take music lessons everyday?"

"Uhhhmmm... can you keep a secret?" she pleaded. 'Secret?' But nonetheless I nodded. 

"Interms of career, you know how parents wanted their children to follow what they say, right? Unnie and I are just like any other children; my parents wanted unnie to be a doctor and they wanted me to be an engineer. However, unnie and I hated the idea. We wanted to become musicians. We came to realize that when we were in seventh grade. Every time we brought up that subject, our parents would always reject the idea of us becoming singers. Unnie and I both know how hard it is and how unstable the job is, but we love music so much we were willing to do anything to achieve that. In secret, we started planning our own singing lesson by ourselves. We would search videos online and use it as our reference. And from time to time, we would skip lunches just to improve. For three years already, we kept on practicing our vocal and rapping skills, which we came to realize that I was much better fitted for vocal and unnie was better at rapping. For three years we kept on going with no guidance. No one knew."

I closely paid attention to her story. If an outsider heard this, they might think it's not abig of a deal. But I can tell from her teary eyes and shaky voice, that there was something more that she's hiding. Was it Pain? Loneliness? I don't know. But all I know is that there is more things that needed to be revealed. I grasped her hand and softly carressed it. "I promise not to tell. But tell me why?" I carefully asked. 

"Joonhae unnie and I still lack confidence. We still need to improve more because we don't want to just be able to do something, we want to be the best. It would be a much greater success if we do it by ourselves," Joona explained. "We want to see how far we can go on our own."

"Let's continue the song then. You've been doing well so far," I said to soothe her. "We have to finish it today because we don't have any other time to be alone together like this."

"Okay," she agreed. "Do you have any ideas for the bridge? I want it to be short."

"Well, how about mentioning the things they want to do for one another when they're by each other's side?" 

"Taeminie," after a while Joona suddenly called out to me, "what would you want your girlfriend to do when you are struggling with your relationship?" 

"Uhhhmmm..." I was startled by the sudden question but nontheless I answered, "I want her to kiss me. I want her to show me that no matter what, she still and will always love me. I want her to kiss me and make me realize that everything is going to be okay. If it's not, then it's not the end."

"That's sweet...." she replied as she scribbled something in the book. I peek at what she has written and it was my answer. She then stopped writing and lean her head to the headboard of the bed and close her eyes. After a minute, she opened her eyes and look at me, smiling happily. 

"It's done," she said. "The song is finally finish." I grab the book and read the song from the beginning until the end. It was very well produce. I can tell she tried so hard to put her feelings into words becuase of the scribbles. "Joona-ya.... this song is just so... beautiful," I commented. "I can't imagine anybody else singing this other than yourself."

"I appreciated. It was absolutely amazing to have written this song with you," she said.

"I want you to promise me something," I said. "ONLY the both of us can sing this song perfectly and don't EVER sing it with anyone else. I'm your only partner and you're my only partner. Yagsog?" I offered my pinkie to her and without hesitation, she linked her pinkie to mine with a content smile painted on her  face. 

"Yagsog."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sorry for being a failure! OTL Tell me, this is boring right? I am such a disappointment~ I don't have a lot of subcribers. But thank you to those who read and always comment on my this story. I know who you are~ *nudge. nudge. wink. wink.* NazNew 

Anyways, isn't the song beautiful??? If you want to know, it's called Star by BtoB. I love the meaning it's just so.... I'm sorry but no words can describe what I feel towards this song. 

Please keep supporting this story! Remember, 

SUBCRIBE!!!

AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED!

- TaeYyi